Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,282)

Showing posts 145,621 - 145,640 of223,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to have credibility in your argument. Then you need to back up your claim with facts. We can start with WW I if you like and you explain to me why this was a religious war in your view.
One more I forgot to list was the Vietnam War. It wasn’t a religious war either. Anyone can make these wild and exaggerated claims. Backing them up with real facts is difficult when the claim is baseless.

And come on Iraq War not religious?
Although most americans see it as a fight for oil (witch we all know how that goes) Islams see it as an attack on their religion. 9/11 was a religish attack and it lead to the war. tarriest are radical Muslims that want to kill all Americans because we dont share there religious views...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
I've seen that.
What's the climate there?
http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Nord-Tr%C3%B8nd...

:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Eagle12 wrote:
My observations tell me that Atheism brings to a large portion bitterness, anger, mood swings, hostilities, sadness, spitefulness, oppression, depression, belligerency, atrociousness, close mindedness, hatefulness, twisting of facts, mendacious, bigotry and unhappiness to name a few.
Actually, as my post indicated, atheism is quite liberating:

"To the philosophy of atheism belongs the credit of robbing death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell." - Joseph Lewis
Eagle12 wrote:
There seems to be this raging inferno that burns so hot in some Atheist that the only peace they get on earth is to condemn people of faith.
I mostly condemn ideas like faith and dogma, and institutions like the church - not people. I have no issue with individual Christians as Christians. I consider you to be a victim of the church as well, even more so than unbelievers.
Eagle12 wrote:
Where is all this freedom your talking about? They don’t seem to have any peace. Why be so miserable?
I am very happy, and very grateful.
Eagle12 wrote:
Who in the hell wants to live like some of you Atheist? You are freaking miserable. Like a horse with a broken leg. It would be different if Atheist were happy and peaceful people but we see something different.
Ask us how we feel, don't tell us. Miserable people seek the solace of religion, which is why evangelists do so much better on Skid Row and Death Row than on Restaurant Row.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Mikko wrote:
“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Condell
Good one.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
And come on Iraq War not religious?
Although most americans see it as a fight for oil (witch we all know how that goes) Islams see it as an attack on their religion. 9/11 was a religish attack and it lead to the war. tarriest are radical Muslims that want to kill all Americans because we dont share there religious views...
George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq
George Bush is an idiot, and an embarrassment to white people everywhere.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
let me name a moral action towards another human being that can only be done by person with out faith. I can't

Now let's both of us name a evil action towards another human being that can only be done by person of faith. The suicide bombers

If Atheism really brings a large portion of evil our answers would not be the same as the above.
Good argument.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. For good people to do evil things, it takes religion." – Nobelist Steven Weinberg
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush is an idiot, and an embarrassment to white people everywhere.
lol. No argument there. Same could be said for a lot of the political elite.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to have credibility in your argument. Then you need to back up your claim with facts. We can start with WW I if you like and you explain to me why this was a religious war in your view.
One more I forgot to list was the Vietnam War. It wasn’t a religious war either. Anyone can make these wild and exaggerated claims. Backing them up with real facts is difficult when the claim is baseless.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to have credibility in your argument. Then you need to back up your claim with facts.
LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to have credibility in your argument. Then you need to back up your claim with facts. We can start with WW I if you like and you explain to me why this was a religious war in your view.

One more I forgot to list was the Vietnam War. It wasnÂ’t a religious war either. Anyone can make these wild and exaggerated claims. Backing them up with real facts is difficult when the claim is baseless.
Pot, meet kettle.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
That's a cold day in Hell.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
The RCC has superb costumes, rituals and buildings that put the other cults to $hame..
Fabulous: http://bimshwel.com/yeep/pope-red.jpg [image]
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I've driven through Hell and onto the North Cape, hundreds of miles North of the Arctic Circle. Lovely part of the world.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a cold day in Hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>lol. No argument there. Same could be said for a lot of the political elite.
LMAO! You ain't even lying. Billy Connolly once said of Ole W that the thing he found most disturbing about his inability to pronounce the word "nuclear" was the fact that he was sitting next to the button.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your sorry ass think this is a "social arena" and we're being "social"?!
Yes.

You're confusing two similar and related words:

Social - of or relating to human society, the interaction of the individual and the group, or the welfare of human beings as members of society

Sociable - marked by or conducive to friendliness or pleasant social relations
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You ain't even lying. Billy Connolly once said of Ole W that the thing he found most disturbing about his inability to pronounce the word "nuclear" was the fact that he was sitting next to the button.
I dont trust the current lot either. Just look at the expansion of the drone war. And current wars in Afghanistan and Mali. I'm not saying there is necessarily an agenda going on, but that our leaders maybe are not acting in either an honest or rational way.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I'd rather deploy drones than see our guys get their legs blown off.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont trust the current lot either. Just look at the expansion of the drone war. And current wars in Afghanistan and Mali. I'm not saying there is necessarily an agenda going on, but that our leaders maybe are not acting in either an honest or rational way.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken
"Obviously I'd like to show more respect to people's sincerely held beliefs, of course I would. But unfortunately that would violate my own sincerely held belief that religion is a filthy lie and a threat to civilization, so you can see the problem I've got with that." -Pat Condell

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
David was guilty of conspiracy, murdering a career military officer so he could have his wife, lying, deception, adultery. Yet God forgave him.

Jeffery Dahmer was an evil atheist of the worst sort. God gave him his right mind and forgave him.
Nobody can forgive somebody for the offenses that they committed against another person. People who seek forgiveness from a god are really just forgiving themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,621 - 145,640 of223,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••