Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#151537 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.--Deuteronomy 28:22
Nice
Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.--Ezekiel 39:19
Nice?
So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley.--Hosea 3:2
Nice?
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.--2 Samuel 12:11
Nice?
Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father -- Genesis 19:34
Nice?
Sick, disgusting , you should be ashamed.
Genesis 19:34

The scripture you list is about a sin that occurred after Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. Lot gets drunk and his stupid daughters participate in incest. Bad things happen when you drink too much. Also bad things happen when you donít raise your kids in a righteous environment.

God didnít tell those girls to do that. And neither did Lot. The bible doesnít hide this sin but reveals how perverted these former inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah
were.

Yet you point this scripture out as if this was something that was sanctioned by God. Man be a straight shooter and stop this misrepresentation. If you have to use these kinds of tactics what does that say about your argument?

Iíll tell you what it says. Your argument is a house of cards.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151538 Feb 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dahmer converted and was saved.
According to your religion, he's in heaven now.
Nice.
Only God knows that, you don't.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#151539 Feb 3, 2013
Translation: You're right but instead of admitting the obvious let me toss out a childish insult hoping to change the subject.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty sad that you think pressing keys on a keyboard or tapping buttons on a device is being "social".

Lexington, KY

#151540 Feb 3, 2013
Hence proof of why Christianity is the worst set of morals possible.

If any of his victims were not Christian they are in hell while he chuckles at them from heaven.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul was a gang leader, murder, and terrorist. He was changed (Apostle Paul) and became a minister for Christ.
Moses was guilty of murdering a Federal Officer. Yet God chose him to lead his people.
David was guilty of conspiracy, murdering a career military officer so he could have his wife, lying, deception, adultery. Yet God forgave him.
Sampson was guilty of being a womanizer, fraternizing with the enemy. In the end God restored him.
Jeffery Dahmer was an evil atheist of the worst sort. God gave him his right mind and forgave him.
nice

Lexington, KY

#151541 Feb 3, 2013
I see we really threaten you. We exercise a tremendous amount of power over your life. You shall dance for us jester.

RR: Catholics are not Christians!
GML: What is the largest Christian church?
RR: The Catholic Church.
Entire board: Rotflmfao!
RR: D'oh!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!
You atheists are pretty f_ckin stupid.
"In His image" does not equal "clone", you f_cktard.

Lexington, KY

#151542 Feb 3, 2013
Daffy nobody is surprised that many of your bible myth heroes are products of incest. Just look at the insane sht they wrote! The earth is square flat and resting on top of pillars!

Lmfao!

So who was the strange Arab man who went into your Dad's hospital room and converted him to Islam? Was it Muhammad?:)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture you list is about a sin that occurred after Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. Lot gets drunk and his stupid daughters participate in incest. Bad things happen when you drink too much. Also bad things happen when you donít raise your kids in a righteous environment.
God didnít tell those girls to do that. And neither did Lot. The bible doesnít hide this sin but reveals how perverted these former inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah
were.
Yet you point this scripture out as if this was something that was sanctioned by God. Man be a straight shooter and stop this misrepresentation. If you have to use these kinds of tactics what does that say about your argument?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#151543 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only God knows that, you don't.
So, RR, tell me this.

Does God want the 49ers to win, or the Ravens?

The winning players tend to thank God for the victory. Why don't the losers ever get pissed at God for letting the other guys win?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#151544 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kidding, but seriously? Is the communication only through the net & phones? No real interaction?
Why would "real" interaction not include through the internet? People are more themselves online than they are in person. In the physical society there are pressures that most people give into which dictate their behavior and words, you cannot trust someone if you don't get to know them without those pressures first. Online those pressures do not exist, primarily because of the illusion of anonymity. I also don't like USians much at all, and prefer the company of Europeans, mostly people in the UK. I am just not that "American" at heart, and cannot stoop low enough to even hang out with the dullards that live in this country.
Imhotep

United States

#151545 Feb 3, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
were.
Yawn
Spare me the sermon... The book speaks for itself. I've read it.
Utter nonsense, copied from older myths.
Much ado about nothing of substance.

The New Testament writer of the Gospel of John attempted to portray Jesus as a valid prophet who was predicted by Moses.

Linking Jesus to miracles was part of that process.
Then they evolve Jesus further by claiming he is now the NEW savior which people must believe in.

In doing so, these writers portray Jesus as giving instructions which contradict God's word in the Old Testament.

Because Jesus presumed to speak things in God's name which God NEVER commanded any of his prophets to say, Jesus qualifies as a false prophet.

Jesus was also put to death, fulfilling Deut 18:20.!

Christians are always proclaiming that Jesus fulfilled hundreds of Old Testament "prophecies" but you can be sure that the fulfillment of Deut 18:20 by Jesus is one example you won't hear Christians advertise to the world.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#151546 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy, if you ask me.
What, the fact those people were forgiven and you may not be because of your unbelief?

Location hidden

#151547 Feb 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Translation: You're right but instead of admitting the obvious let me toss out a childish insult hoping to change the subject.
<quoted text>
Constantly connected, perpetually disconnected.

Location hidden

#151548 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, RR, tell me this.
Does God want the 49ers to win, or the Ravens?
The winning players tend to thank God for the victory. Why don't the losers ever get pissed at God for letting the other guys win?
I dunno. Why don't you ask Him?

(I'm sure that if the team you want to win loses, you'll blame God for it)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#151549 Feb 3, 2013
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> What, the fact those people were forgiven and you may not be because of your unbelief?
Chill, turkey.

Location hidden

#151550 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Why would "real" interaction not include through the internet? People are more themselves online than they are in person.
If you truly think that, you're perpetually disconnected from society.
In the physical society there are pressures that most people give into which dictate their behavior and words, you cannot trust someone if you don't get to know them without those pressures first.
We call that reality.
Online those pressures do not exist, primarily because of the illusion of anonymity. I also don't like USians much at all, and prefer the company of Europeans, mostly people in the UK. I am just not that "American" at heart, and cannot stoop low enough to even hang out with the dullards that live in this country.
See? You have no clue what's out there.

Perhaps it's just the town you live in that's full of those dullards.

You'll never know though, you remain hidden behind a screen.

I feel bad for you - you're missing out on life.

Location hidden

#151551 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Yawn
Spare me the sermon... The book speaks for itself. I've read it.
Then what do you think the purpose of having the incest story of Lot is?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151552 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you think that Mighty Mouse also has "superhuman" powers.....
Ugh you people...
Why can't you address your double-standard? Is it because you know your beliefs are unreasonable?

Location hidden

#151553 Feb 3, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you address your double-standard? Is it because you know your beliefs are unreasonable?
I am addressing the topic, but there is no double standard.

God is not human & can't have superhuman powers.

Period.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#151554 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what do you think the purpose of having the incest story of Lot is?
To promote Abrahamic religious tradition and family values?

Don't forget, in the myth, Adam & Eve began it all, and then the Yahweh! decided it was time for a do over with relatives - again - after the flood.

That's a fantastic myth you've got there.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#151555 Feb 3, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul was a gang leader, murder, and terrorist. He was changed (Apostle Paul) and became a minister for Christ.
Moses was guilty of murdering a Federal Officer. Yet God chose him to lead his people.
David was guilty of conspiracy, murdering a career military officer so he could have his wife, lying, deception, adultery. Yet God forgave him.
Sampson was guilty of being a womanizer, fraternizing with the enemy. In the end God restored him.
Jeffery Dahmer was an evil atheist of the worst sort. God gave him his right mind and forgave him.
nice
You are seriously effed up...

Location hidden

#151556 Feb 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
To promote Abrahamic religious tradition and family values?
Don't forget, in the myth, Adam & Eve began it all, and then the Yahweh! decided it was time for a do over with relatives - again - after the flood.
That's a fantastic myth you've got there.
Ugh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 700
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 6 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 8 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 16 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 19 hr Patrick 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE