Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#151479 Feb 3, 2013
Wow you have a lot to catch up on. Like Cassandra Peterson not posing nude :))

Lol! Just stay away from sharp objects Gramps.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =biQg6A3ZL2UXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You have to be a soulless Topix atheist not to love that first one.

Lexington, KY

#151480 Feb 3, 2013
Gramps you aren't still humiliating yourself with god is a magnet are you? Look I am glad you think magnets and strings are nifty but a god they are not.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are under the belief that the material world self-organized into biological life as the result of finding components laying about. You are ignoring the likely possibility this original assemblage could well have been designed, resulting in building blocks for further development. Abiogenesis and evolution are not necessarily the same thing. Adaptation, evolution, is demonstrated every generation.
Man can mix chemicals and manipulate them with EM. We do it all the time with electricity. We can make matter dance and sing to our tunes, and even send it off into its own little world for a while making its own music.
The same components that make us.
What makes you think it wasn't done to us? You just want to believe it couldn't be?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#151481 Feb 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty good, I think I saw Antonio Banderas sneak by though.:)
Yeah. Still an excellent musician. I lean towards the more heavy types of music but still find good playing good playing, no matter the genre.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#151482 Feb 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Still an excellent musician. I lean towards the more heavy types of music but still find good playing good playing, no matter the genre.
I love classical acoustic , even some of the Darling's and Andy stuff, though like you the electrics and rack effects stomp boxes and guys like Malmsteen , Vai , Satriani ,Gilmour, EVHare the kings.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#151483 Feb 3, 2013
_Muad_ Dib _ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us gather for the passing of Shai-Hulud , who we will ride to victory.
Ah, a fellow Lovecraftian. Nice to meet you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#151484 Feb 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I love classical acoustic , even some of the Darling's and Andy stuff, though like you the electrics and rack effects stomp boxes and guys like Malmsteen , Vai , Satriani ,Gilmour, EVHare the kings.
The Darling boys were The Dillards. They only knew one speed to play at, full speed. The Country Gentlemen were much more versatile.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#151485 Feb 3, 2013
The_Box wrote:
So what's the difference between just saying someone is a god and someone is a superhuman?
It's the same thing. You're adding a claim on top of a claim. It doesn't actually SUPPORT the initial claim.
It's not the same thing, not at all. God isn't human and can't be "superhuman"....

I understand that you closed minded atheists have a need to turn everything into children's stories, but that doesn't make it true.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#151486 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that live close to me. ;)
But I do have friends, they're all in other countries or on the east coast, but meh.
I was kidding, but seriously? Is the communication only through the net & phones? No real interaction?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#151487 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That would be interesting.
I'll bring Bud & a gun.
Aerobatty wrote:
That a threat?
Only to a p_ssy. Oh, hi Aero.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#151488 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe inspiring isn't it? ;)
So fulfilled they cavort in social arenas with godless heathens. Hmm God would object!
I do enjoy all the pageantry however. The RCC has superb costumes, rituals and buildings that put the other cults to $hame..
Does your sorry ass think this is a "social arena" and we're being "social"?!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#151489 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, a fellow Lovecraftian. Nice to meet you.
Laffin.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#151490 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the same thing, not at all. God isn't human and can't be "superhuman"....
It's the exact same thing.

There is a claim that is absurd/impossible. The claim is rejected for being absurd/impossible. The claimant says "It's not absurd/impossible for a superhuman/god."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I understand that you closed minded atheists have a need to turn everything into children's stories, but that doesn't make it true.
I'm not closed-minded. I'm skeptical. You're gullible.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#151491 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are under the belief that the material world self-organized into biological life as the result of finding components laying about. You are ignoring the likely possibility this original assemblage could well have been designed, resulting in building blocks for further development. Abiogenesis and evolution are not necessarily the same thing. Adaptation, evolution, is demonstrated every generation.

Man can mix chemicals and manipulate them with EM. We do it all the time with electricity. We can make matter dance and sing to our tunes, and even send it off into its own little world for a while making its own music.

The same components that make us.

What makes you think it wasn't done to us? You just want to believe it couldn't be?
It's creators all the way down, Dave.
Imhotep

United States

#151492 Feb 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to argue with idiots, they reduce me to their level then beat me with experience. ;)

Location hidden

#151494 Feb 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's creators all the way down, Dave.
Yet you deny we have one?

Location hidden

#151495 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to argue with idiots, they reduce me to their level then beat me with experience. ;)
Regardless, you really should spend more time trying to get in touch with your true self. From there it would be nothing but upwards for you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151496 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you deny we have one?
Creationist piece of sh*t with no proof of god questioning intelligent people who have already shown him to be a liar.

Go back to the discovery institute / new life church / westbro baptist. What ever cult sewer you rat came out of...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151497 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless, you really should spend more time trying to get in touch with your true self. From there it would be nothing but upwards for you.
There's no such thing as god, get it through your thick brainwashed skull.

Lexington, KY

#151498 Feb 3, 2013
Hey tell us again how historians aren't scholars! That's a hoot!

Come on we all laugh at you anyways might as well dance for us!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#151499 Feb 3, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the exact same thing.
There is a claim that is absurd/impossible. The claim is rejected for being absurd/impossible. The claimant says "It's not absurd/impossible for a superhuman/god."
<quoted text>
I'm not closed-minded. I'm skeptical. You're gullible.
No it is not the same thing. God is not human and doesn't possess any human powers or human abilities, only humans possesses human powers and human abilities, so therefore only a human can have superhuman powers.

Why the hell is that so hard to understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min red and right 2,264
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 32 min Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 6 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 6 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web