Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#151452 Feb 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the guitar Jesus with the hands of God.
I said only a soulless Topix atheist could deny it. Sure enough, they started.
They are going to Hell.
You have a strange religion, magnetic pickups and all, bah humbucker! lol I d'addario you to arpeggio me that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#151453 Feb 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have a strange religion, magnetic pickups and all, bah humbucker! lol I d'addario you to arpeggio me that.
Don't fret yourself. You will get the religion before the trumpets sound. Your base is good, but your picking of choirs to sing with will ring false to you as the crescendo of your life approaches.

Or something like that.

Location hidden

#151454 Feb 2, 2013

Always had an attachment for that song.

Sigh....

Location hidden

#151455 Feb 2, 2013

Location hidden

#151456 Feb 2, 2013

I think that was the first song to do flanging.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151457 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the guitar Jesus with the hands of God.
I said only a soulless Topix atheist could deny it. Sure enough, they started.
They are going to Hell.
Actually, nobody has a soul, or didn't you realise that? Also you can stop lying about he'll too creationist.

Location hidden

#151458 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't fret yourself. You will get the religion before the trumpets sound. Your base is good, but your picking of choirs to sing with will ring false to you as the crescendo of your life approaches.
Or something like that.
There no such thing as god and I will never believe in god. full stop. You can live in as much Delian as you wish but you are not converting anybody here...

Location hidden

#151459 Feb 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Tell me oh arrogant creationist, what right do you have to judge other people's lives? And don't give me the crape about your no proof god doing the judging. It's you. Take some responsibility for your ridiculous beliefs for once in your life.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#151460 Feb 3, 2013
Atheists are the opposite of Theists instead of faith we look to facts and the real world. So no it requires NO faith at all .....
Imhotep

Brandon, FL

#151461 Feb 3, 2013
trekx wrote:
Atheists are the opposite of Theists instead of faith we look to facts and the real world. So no it requires NO faith at all .....
This too simple for the determined dogma slave to comprehend. Nice try. ;)

Theists insist on becoming immortal. LQTM

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." - Mark Twain

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

"And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence." - Bertrand Russell

"Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night." - Isaac Asamov

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen

"The good part of Christmas is not always Christian -- it is generally Pagan; that is to say, human, natural." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Imhotep

Brandon, FL

#151463 Feb 3, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
A reformed Christian, eh? LOL! No need for long rambling comments when the truth is obvious. Since atheists believe they came from nothing, they ARE nothing and therefore have nothing of value to offer.
An ex Christian! Who woulda thunk?
Amazing Atheism, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, and STILL can't see!
LMAO!
Agnostics, as a general rule are quite reasonable, rational, and willing to change their views and perceptions IF they feel it is justified. Agnostics don't condemn anyone to hell or label them as "unsaved" for not holding the same views as they do.

Despite all the rhetoric of fundamentalist Christians that "unbelievers" are shallow, self centered, prideful, selfish worshippers of nothing but themselves, and deceived by their own minds, there exists an almost comical paradox:

Christians engage in just as much self gratification and self exaltation as they say unbelievers practice.
Christians create two objects, themselves and the object of their worship.
Thus is both vanity and idolatry. When a Christian praises the object of his worship, his "God", he is really praising his ideas and views about the object of his worship.

The centerpiece of this religion, the Bible, means whatever a believer wants it to meanÖand nothing more.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#151464 Feb 3, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice sales job but the goods your selling is tainted.
My observations tell me that Atheism brings to a large portion bitterness, anger, mood swings, hostilities, sadness, spitefulness, oppression, depression, belligerency, atrociousness, close mindedness, hatefulness, twisting of facts, mendacious, bigotry and unhappiness to name a few.
There seems to be this raging inferno that burns so hot in some Atheist that the only peace they get on earth is to condemn people of faith. Where is all this freedom your talking about? They donít seem to have any peace. Why be so miserable? But Iím telling by reading these threads thatís whatís being displayed.
Who in the hell wants to live like some of you Atheist? You are freaking miserable. Like a horse with a broken leg. It would be different if Atheist were happy and peaceful people but we see something different.
"My observations tell me that Atheism brings to a large portion bitterness, anger, mood swings, hostilities, sadness, spitefulness, oppression, depression, belligerency, atrociousness, close mindedness, hatefulness, twisting of facts, mendacious, bigotry and unhappiness to name a few."
Lets put that to the test.
Name me a moral action towards another human being that can only be done by person of faith. I think you can't
Now let me name a moral action towards another human being that can only be done by person with out faith. I can't apart from maybe
the denial of faith but this isn't common ground between us.
Name me a evil action towards another human being that can only be done by person with out faith. Again you canít
Now let's both of us name a evil action towards another human being that can only be done by person of faith. The suicide bombers are entirely religious, childhood circumcision (or perhaps more appropriately genital mutilation) is entirely religious Iím sure we can think of many more.
If Atheism realy brings a large portion of evil our answers would not be the same as the above.
Imhotep

Brandon, FL

#151465 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep proudly presents for Sinday, err Sunday...
Reality check for thumpers...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/...

http://danielmiessler.com/blog/atheistic-soci...

Not to forget the Infamous yet hilarious book that few Christians have read aka Das BuyBull.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#151466 Feb 3, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice sales job but the goods your selling is tainted.
My observations tell me that Atheism brings to a large portion bitterness, anger, mood swings, hostilities, sadness, spitefulness, oppression, depression, belligerency, atrociousness, close mindedness, hatefulness, twisting of facts, mendacious, bigotry and unhappiness to name a few.
There seems to be this raging inferno that burns so hot in some Atheist that the only peace they get on earth is to condemn people of faith. Where is all this freedom your talking about? They donít seem to have any peace. Why be so miserable? But Iím telling by reading these threads thatís whatís being displayed.
Who in the hell wants to live like some of you Atheist? You are freaking miserable. Like a horse with a broken leg. It would be different if Atheist were happy and peaceful people but we see something different.
Golly, but I just can't read this without thinking just how happy and fulfilled you are in your religion.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#151467 Feb 3, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
whoever says,ĎYou fool!í will be liable to the hell of fire.
You fool.

Location hidden

#151468 Feb 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me oh arrogant creationist, what right do you have to judge other people's lives? And don't give me the crape about your no proof god doing the judging. It's you. Take some responsibility for your ridiculous beliefs for once in your life.
?

The restrooms are next to the customer service counter. Your Mommy or Daddy can change your nappy there.

Location hidden

#151469 Feb 3, 2013
Welcome to Sunday morning services.

Location hidden

#151470 Feb 3, 2013
Imhotep

United States

#151471 Feb 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly, but I just can't read this without thinking just how happy and fulfilled you are in your religion.
Awe inspiring isn't it? ;)

So fulfilled they cavort in social arenas with godless heathens. Hmm God would object!

I do enjoy all the pageantry however. The RCC has superb costumes, rituals and buildings that put the other cults to $hame..
bohart

Newport, TN

#151472 Feb 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many theories that attempt to explain the formation of life. It isn't my job to explain them to you, let alone make you accept them. As you clearly are here to refute the very possibility at every available opportunity. You loathe me and say I am nothing , but fail to reason that the approach taken leads to discovery and invention as knowledge progresses.
While your way has led to stagnation and absolutely nothing of merit for 3 thousand years. So go ahead and use your method, just stay out the way of progress.
You want me to assist you in reasoning this puzzle out, but I do think you already present a fine example here today. Of a failed attempt at cognitive development from the early years on.
But surely the mystery comprises of a history we can see from
The Evolution of the Universe by Cosmological Synthesis ,leading the evolution of matter, forcing the evolution of planets, to the evolution of chemical compounds which progressed into the formation of life, and it's evolutionary history on Earth.
All of which are comprised of the most despised word you ever heard , Evolution.
But as a parting note, and my complements to Wikipedia, for making this possible.
I will leave you with a brief summary of human knowledge of these events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Calendar
..and you are here to defend the impossible at every opportunity.
uh ,..I said a working theory, not ones proven not to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 12 min CunningLinguist 108
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 min Richardfs 22,264
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 477
Here's a place for Patrick's off-topic articles 3 hr NightSerf 1
Glorify God, our Heavenly Father 3 hr Son of God 1
Stump a theist with 2 questions 3 hr NightSerf 66
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Thinking 4,106
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE