Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
145,241 - 145,260 of 224,710 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Jebus.....
Using your "logic", you could say:
Tomatoes ARE tacos.
I was wrong...you're even more stupid than I imagined.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There is, but it's not done with lawsuits. It's done by state medical boards, which investigate complaints about doctors, and which have the power to discipline and revoke medical licenses.
Yes, each State has their own medical board but I think that method needs a complete revamping. Doctors have not done a very good job of policing their ranks. Perhaps some States may have been more aggressive against incompetent Doctors.

Everyone makes mistakes including good Doctors. I think honest mistakes by competent Doctors need to be forgiven. But some Doctors need to be doing something else for a living.

State Medical Boards need to have more of a mix of participants. Why arenít there nurses on these medical boards? Nurses have the inside track on what goes on in the medical field and they should be participating in these medical board decisions.

I also think Doctors who are continuous assh*les to subordinates should be reported the Medical Boards. This is another reason to have nurses on Medical Boards. Some Doctors are professional and respectful. Others are just raging as*holes.

Anyway I would be interested in your thoughts on this subject.
Imhotep

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Religion is Fraud wrote:
Since memory and awareness cease upon death, it proves all flavors of death denying domgas are nothing but lies for cowards.
ďReligion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.Ē
~Seneca, Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So are Christian claims, Mormon claims, Hindu claims, Buddhist claims, Scientologist claims, etc.
They're all claims. Nothing more. You have no good evidence that Jesus performed any of those miracles.
You are delusional.
<quoted text>
Homer did exist. It is name assigned to the person who wrote the Iliad and Odyssey. There are questions about when those writings took place and how much responsibility he had in their writings, but really that's all moot.
The point was that Zeus, like Jesus, was written about.
<quoted text>
The Gospels were written by anonymous authors half a century after the events in question and 3/4 are not even independent.
<quoted text>
Maybe when you manage to make a single good argument.
I understand where you are coming from but I have seen real miracles and more than one. They donít happen every day but over a lifetime they accumulate.

Observing real miracles is a subject I canít go into detail because unbelievers such as atheist will not believe. Itís incomprehensible for them to understand. Thereís a lot of people who have witnessed real miracles.

Atheist will never see these miracles. One time Jesus made the unbelievers leave the room before he performed a miracle. One thing I can tell you there is no drug that can give you the high as being an observer of a miracle. Itís an exhilarating experience.
Imhotep

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection.
Christianity IS growing in population.
Nope!

http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/relig...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/145409/Near-Record...

With over 1200 Christian organizations, the USA has a greater number of Jesus fan clubs than any other country in the world. The proliferation of variegated brands of Christianity in America is so extreme that it acquires a comic dimension. One might discern only a subtle difference in name between, say, the "Evangelical Congregational Church" and the "Evangelical Covenant Church", or the "Church of God in Christ" and "Church of Christ" but miss a gulf of doctrinal distinction.

But then, who is bothered about doctrine anyway? Denominations, a source of so much anguish and bloodshed in the past, have diminishing importance in the era of evangelical psychosis, mega-churches and apocalyptic blockbusters. The important thing is to "have religion". "With religion" you are a patriot, defending the American way of life; without religion you are a subversive radical, an enemy.

Christianity USA is all show business and emotional razzmatazz. Organised as international corporations, with a globalised "mission" of subsidiary offices, its product is propaganda, pouring in prodigious quantity from a network of TV and radio stations and publishing houses. The intent is to draw further millions into the mass of devotees.

In choreographed extravaganzas Pastor whips up mindless love of Jesus and serious fund raising, and then retreats to his opulent sanctuary, content in knowing that he is a tireless servant of the Lord.

"So what did God do? He GAVE the very thing He needed Ė His only begotten Son, the best gift heaven could give! What did God receive? Yes, we know Ė billions of sons and daughters! God lives by His own law Ė you GIVE if you expect to RECEIVE!"

Ė Paul Crouch of the Trinity Broadcasting Network espouses the "theology" of fleecing the sheep on behalf of a needy God.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where you are coming from but I have seen real miracles and more than one.
I just saw a miracle too.

You managed to write in complete sentences.

Praise the lord.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where you are coming from but I have seen real miracles and more than one. They donít happen every day but over a lifetime they accumulate.
Observing real miracles is a subject I canít go into detail because unbelievers such as atheist will not believe. Itís incomprehensible for them to understand. Thereís a lot of people who have witnessed real miracles.
There's nothing incomprehensible about it. If these miracles are so regular, it should be easy to document them, yet no one ever does. Why?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I think it a lost cause to try to get the brainwashed theist to see processes.
I'm sure they cannot truly understand any complicated process , it is just beyond the scope of their understanding.
But we still try to make people see that a simple thing can in fact be a algorithm of complex computations , not easily understood by conventional terms , much less by the simpleton.
But we know there is a process that created the living, and it will be understood fully before long.
ďBut we know there is a process that created the living, and it will be understood fully before long.Ē

Your statement based is on faith and hope.

Thereís been plenty of science pessimist throughout history. I believe there may be a minority of scientist who come to solution how all life began at some point in the distant future. Perhaps not in our lifetime. The scientific community at that said time will reject their conclusion.

Using a quote from a movie,ďYou canít handle the truth.Ē Iím not meaning that towards you as an individual but to those in the scientific community in the future that will reject the method of which how all life began.

When repeated lab experiments throughout the last 100 years fail to convert sterile material into self assembling RNA and DNA stands that replicate and morph into life systems. There can only be one conclusion in my view. Those RNA and DNA stands were purposely constructed and altered.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing incomprehensible about it. If these miracles are so regular, it should be easy to document them, yet no one ever does. Why?
If they did, the miracle would be that someone actually presented evidence of a miracle.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
ďBut we know there is a process that created the living, and it will be understood fully before long.Ē
Your statement based is on faith and hope.
Thereís been plenty of science pessimist throughout history. I believe there may be a minority of scientist who come to solution how all life began at some point in the distant future. Perhaps not in our lifetime. The scientific community at that said time will reject their conclusion.
Using a quote from a movie,ďYou canít handle the truth.Ē Iím not meaning that towards you as an individual but to those in the scientific community in the future that will reject the method of which how all life began.
When repeated lab experiments throughout the last 100 years fail to convert sterile material into self assembling RNA and DNA stands that replicate and morph into life systems. There can only be one conclusion in my view. Those RNA and DNA stands were purposely constructed and altered.
You are so full of yourself. The discovery of a natural method in which life can arise would be an advantage for medical science, lots of scientists want to know how it could have happened, it's just a few who have a pretty good idea on how. Science isn't like literature, you don't learn the basics then dive into new discoveries, only an idiot would, you have to study a lot on one small portion of scientific understanding before you can even begin to set up a real hypothesis, otherwise you'll just look like an idiotic geologist playing with a nuclear bomb.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Your opinion based on your intolerance of atheists is meaningless. I got to the Philippines every year now with the wife and before that I went every 2-3 years. It's a beautiful place to visit and the people are being held back because of the religious zealots there.

You wish to claim I haven't been there and haven't done charity work? Prove it. Go on Daffy it will be a hoot!

And again jut because I stand up to you religious bigots on topix because of your intolerance does not make my volunteer work and donations go away no matter how much you stomp and scream with tears running down your red face.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít read well.
You touched on birth control. I would agree that changes are needed but itís not our country and we can do little about it. There is a method based on dates on the calendar. All it would take is to educate the population.
Do you think everyone in the world should be just like you? Reasonable?!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hey Daffy is there any possible way you could retype this in English?

I called an ambulance and saw to it she received treatment something that if had been done earlier instead of people praying and holding hands waiting for Jesus perhaps would have ended better.

Seriously at this point with your day before rant you are becoming more childish with each post. Almost as childish as when you said an Arab walked into your dad's room and converted him to Christianity.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean she died in your novel. You know the one you can't sell. According to your story the girl died anyway. It looks like you showed up a day late and dollar short. A good atheist would have been there the day before to give her water. I mean you so perfect in your own mind and all. It sounds like you non prayer method didnít help.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

And Christian claims are just that, claims. Thanks!

Zero historical proof that your Jesus of Nazareth even existed although we have secular historic proof for Jesus Ben Strada the so called evil Egyptian sorcerer who had followers and performed miracles. Somehow he was documented secularly during his life but the bible Jesus wasn't.

Hmmmmm
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Islamic claims are just that, claims. Thanks!
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
<quoted text>
Funny atheist. You believe that a man named Homer actually existed & you take that as history but you fight back against people like Matthew, Mark & John.....
You can put your foot in your mouth whenever you're ready.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

We all have our vices. Mine is smacking around the intolerant religious bigots who have lead us into wars, environmental catastrophes and prevent science from saving billions of lives. Meh giving them a small taste of what they do instead of just rolling over as they demand we do is good for a chuckle.

I always enjoy your posts.

Cheers and keep their ears ringing.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry you are just at times ...mean and hateful ,and devoid of reason. Other than that you're ok.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Do share these so called miracles Daffy. Do they involve grilled cheese sandwiches by chance?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist will never see these miracles. One time Jesus made the unbelievers leave the room before he performed a miracle. One thing I can tell you there is no drug that can give you the high as being an observer of a miracle. Itís an exhilarating experience.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Yes indeed they are all the same worshippers of the god of Abraham. And all are ignorant prats wanting to wage war for their brand of faith.

Set the girls free!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, he get's it! All 3 religions are the same!!!!!!! You all one big happy family, well maybe not happy!
And stop making things up about Buddha, just coz u got nothing on him, u start making it up, u silly prune!
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
And Christian claims are just that, claims. Thanks!
Zero historical proof that your Jesus of Nazareth even existed although we have secular historic proof for Jesus Ben Strada the so called evil Egyptian sorcerer who had followers and performed miracles. Somehow he was documented secularly during his life but the bible Jesus wasn't.
Hmmmmm
<quoted text>
Which Jesus?

Christianity was the ultimate product of religious syncretism in the ancient world. Its emergence owed nothing to a holy carpenter. There were many Jesuses but the fable was a cultural construct.

The nativity yarn is a concatenation of nonsense. The genealogies of Jesus, both Matthew's version and Luke's, are pious fiction. Nazareth did not exist in the 1st century AD Ė the area was a burial ground of rock-cut tombs.

With multiple authors behind the original gospel story it is no surprise that the figure of "Jesus" is a mess of contradictions. Yet the story is so thinly drawn that being a "good Christian" might mean almost anything.

The 12 disciples are as fictitious as their master, invented to legitimise the claims of the early churches. The original Mary was not a virgin, that idea was borrowed from pagan goddesses. The pagan world knew all about virgins getting pregnant by randy gods: The Mythical "Virgin Mother".

Scholars have known all this for more than 200 years but priestcraft is a highly profitable business and finances an industry of deceit to keep the show on the road.

"Jesus better documented than any other ancient figure"? Don't believe a word of it. Unlike the mythical Jesus, a real historical figure like Julius Caesar has a mass of mutually supporting evidence.

The case for a mythical Jesus Ė Nailing Jesus. Book review: Ehrman - Did Jesus Exist? Popular scholar recoils from the abyss. A rescue mission for the "Jesus of history" Ė The New Apologists.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes indeed they are all the same worshippers of the god of Abraham. And all are ignorant prats wanting to wage war for their brand of faith.
Set the girls free!
<quoted text>
I agree, but i don't think the Jews are like that, are they?

They're already free!!!!!:-P

@Redneck, what u got on Buddha? Was Buddha really sexist?

@Catcher......O my beautiful lord, the ocean of virtue, the perfect divine light, thank you for helping Eagle write a complete sentence!! Thank you, my wonderful lord of Nirvana, u the best!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
We all have our vices. Mine is smacking around the intolerant religious bigots who have lead us into wars, environmental catastrophes and prevent science from saving billions of lives. Meh giving them a small taste of what they do instead of just rolling over as they demand we do is good for a chuckle.
I always enjoy your posts.
Cheers and keep their ears ringing.
<quoted text>
If you had more intelligence, plus more mental and emotional maturity, then you might understand how you present yourself on forums like this.

You are not smacking anyone.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I guess you don't know that Christianity is rising faster than the wrold's population....
If so, I'll bet it's in the parts of the world where it is relatively unknown, and where the people are least educated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••