Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#150777 Jan 29, 2013
Yes. It's the one that states why walls can collapse into rubble (rubble = almost infinite arrangements) but that the opposite is almost impossible (rubble into order = 1 or comparatively few arrangements).

This law also introduces us to entropy (the number of ways things can tend to disorder).
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the one that states that perpetual motions stop?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150778 Jan 29, 2013
He prefers you be on your knees with your mouth eagerly open for communion. If you are an attractive female age 18+ if this does not describe you fear not! Kindly send your most attractive female family member aged 18+ to worship and you may watch the service.

You're welcome.
G_O_D wrote:
Whatever you say, god of the pricks.
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#150779 Jan 29, 2013
Which is all you have to post Daffy. Glad you finally caught on.

Now maybe you can find a Middle Eastern man? You seem to think they prove god exists for some reason.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ordures my Dear.
“Ordures,” French for garbage.

Lexington, KY

#150780 Jan 29, 2013
So was the saw you cut your own fingers off with like the devil?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More like the operator of them, oh ye of limited understanding.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150781 Jan 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yes. It's the one that states why walls can collapse into rubble (rubble = almost infinite arrangements) but that the opposite is almost impossible (rubble into order = 1 or comparatively few arrangements).
This law also introduces us to entropy (the number of ways things can tend to disorder).
<quoted text>
So order out of a sudden expansion is just about improbable?

The Big Bang rubbleized then fell back into an ordered universe, did it not?

Lexington, KY

#150782 Jan 29, 2013
Kool Khara.

Btw my slow witted troll Atheism has nothing to do with the Big Bang, or abiogenesis, or evolution. Take some time to let it sink in Daffy but atheism is simply not believing in gods.

Seriously.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your antagonistic views say Atheist like yourself are very toxic with rude and tasteless comments. I want people coming into the forum to see how pleasant some Atheist are. You fulfill that purpose and I have used your mannerisms to prove that point.[Tipping Hat]
Don’t change that would be bad for business.

Lexington, KY

#150783 Jan 29, 2013
Flowery speech without substance is like gift wrap on a dog turd.

You would be better served staying away from sharp objects Gramps and return to your magnets and strings.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.experienceproject.c om/stories/Crave-Depth-Of-Soul -And-Intensity-Of-Experience/1 197749
Interesting site I just found looking up depth of soul. There are more stories.
Depth of soul is the ability to experience, put in perspective, and keeping on keeping on.
Any higher being will collect those with that depth, leaving the shallow in the mill.
You shine brightly, or you reflect well, and you are taken home.

Location hidden

#150784 Jan 29, 2013
A white light shines. White as in all colors and wavelengths of the EM spectrum.

Put a filter in front and you bias it so you see a predominate color. Alternatively, your physical construction only allows certain wavelengths to register. This varies to a degree within humans. You can only see what you can see.

The universe is light.

Topix atheists are living in the dark.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#150785 Jan 29, 2013
No.
You're 100% wrong.
No order whatsoever is more improbable than some order.
You're the sort that required iPod shuffle to be merely pseudo random.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#150786 Jan 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the identification of entropy with disorder is wrong. There are many situations where entropy drives the formation of *more* order. For example, a mixture of oil and water would be disordered and the situation where they are separated would be more ordered, but entropy drives that separation.

It is more accurate to say that entropy is a measure of the amount of 'unusable' energy, although even this is not quite correct. There is a temperature dependence in entropy that is not considered in that intuition.

Finally, entropy is NOT the number of ways things can be disordered. The closest version is that entropy is related to the number of accessible quantum states.

This, by the way, is one reason that the initial stages of the Big bang were *low* entropy: the number of available quantum states was low at that point.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#150787 Jan 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang rubbleized then fell back into an ordered universe, did it not?
No. The universe today is in a higher entropy state than it was 10 billion years ago. No rubber.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#150788 Jan 29, 2013
Entropy is an expression of disorder or randomness.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the identification of entropy with disorder is wrong. There are many situations where entropy drives the formation of *more* order. For example, a mixture of oil and water would be disordered and the situation where they are separated would be more ordered, but entropy drives that separation.
It is more accurate to say that entropy is a measure of the amount of 'unusable' energy, although even this is not quite correct. There is a temperature dependence in entropy that is not considered in that intuition.
Finally, entropy is NOT the number of ways things can be disordered. The closest version is that entropy is related to the number of accessible quantum states.
This, by the way, is one reason that the initial stages of the Big bang were *low* entropy: the number of available quantum states was low at that point.

Location hidden

#150789 Jan 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Flowery speech without substance is like gift wrap on a dog turd.
You would be better served staying away from sharp objects Gramps and return to your magnets and strings.
<quoted text>
That gift wrapping makes your substance more socially acceptable. Some idiot might even attempt to unwrap you thinking a prize is inside.

Lexington, KY

#150790 Jan 29, 2013
Do you have a filter for god other than your imagination Gramps?
Dave Nelson wrote:
A white light shines. White as in all colors and wavelengths of the EM spectrum.
Put a filter in front and you bias it so you see a predominate color. Alternatively, your physical construction only allows certain wavelengths to register. This varies to a degree within humans. You can only see what you can see.
The universe is light.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#150791 Jan 29, 2013
This increase in entropy is explained nicely by Prof Brian Cox here:

www.youtube.com/watch...
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The universe today is in a higher entropy state than it was 10 billion years ago. No rubber.

Lexington, KY

#150792 Jan 29, 2013
I could use your granddaughter's mouth as gift wrapping for my boner who is a god, providing she is over 18 and attractive. He is demanding some worship today and hey she could be the lucky believer to receive my holy sperm-it!

Now stay away from sharp objects Gramps, your fingers can't take much more.

You are very welcome :)
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That gift wrapping makes your substance more socially acceptable. Some idiot might even attempt to unwrap you thinking a prize is inside.

Location hidden

#150793 Jan 29, 2013
This is highly amusing.

"Informed" individuals reinterpreting the Big Bang theory. Then throwing in fancy words and concepts that sound good.

The Big Bang theory is a region of what we call space, or a small particle, got very hot and agitated and went flying to pieces. It was assumedly a monolithic substance or collection of energy. After going to pieces and expanding the energy, which they refer to as heat, got dissipated and condensed into droplets, which became matter. Gravity caused motion, bringing them together, which set the stage for the other forces to be created.

A drop of water getting zapped and exploding, then cooling down, but without the pre-existing granularity of its molecular composition. This condensation of the original material or energy created the granularity we have now, and which developed into our present physical world. Such is assumed, anyhow.

A well known process in physics, but dressed up in fancy and obscure words to make the wannabe priests look smart.

That simple. All wrapped up in a mustard seed.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#150794 Jan 29, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Mark Twain an Atheist?
Yes I know Atheist make that claim.
Research tells a much different story. He wasn’t fond of religion but did acknowledge he believed in God. He didn’t seem to be steadfast in his belief but moved back and forth on the issue at different times in his life.
He did attend church several times and helped his brother build a church. However there wasn’t a solid comment from him as would be in others.
That’s why I used his quote because it fit Atheist to a Tee. He was a very talented author and happened to be raised up about two hours from where I live.
It makes me no difference if you claim him or not.
A few Twain quotes:

Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.

There are those who scoff at the school boy, calling him frivolous and shallow. Yet it was the schoolboy who said, "Faith is believing what you know ain't so."

One of the proofs of the immortality of the soul is that myriads have believed in it. They have also believed the world was flat.

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.

If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.

Nothing agrees with me. If I drink coffee, it gives me dyspepsia; if I drink wine, it gives me the gout; if I go to church, it gives me dysentery.

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#150795 Jan 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The universe is light.
Well that was random...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#150796 Jan 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
More agnostic than true atheist, My purpose in life is to survive and learn. Far less goals than when I was younger, you do not have to be religious to have goals and purpose.
If you are an agnostic, how can you then deny the possibility of God?

That is contradictory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 min what 781
10) Experts debate reality of God (May '10) 11 hr Morse 8,934
"No Master! No God!" - Isms, Religion and Atheism (Aug '13) 16 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Siro is writing a new book 19 hr Siro 2
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 19 hr Friend of all 14,431
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 22 hr Morse 1,418
Evidence for God! Wed Morse 181

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE