Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#150729 Jan 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you sweet?
Ordures?

Eagle meant hors d'oeuvres.

His French is even worse than his English.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#150730 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"efinition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics> "
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agn...
That does not support your assertion.
What else are you wrong about?
Like I said, an agnostic deals with what can be known. An theist deals with belief.

Agnostic atheist : "I don't know if gods exist but I don't believe they do"

Agnostic theist : "I don't know if gods exist but I believe they do"

Agnostic : "I just don't know"

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150731 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the one that says for every virtual particle there must be a virtual anti-virtual particle.
Should I throw away my virtual bible then?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#150732 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"efinition of AGNOSTIC
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
: a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics> "
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agn...
That does not support your assertion.
What else are you wrong about?
I often ponder why it's so important to the theists why agnostic must be redefined so it is incompatible with atheism. So why can there not be agnostic atheists?
bohart

Newport, TN

#150733 Jan 28, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
and your STUPIDITY is showing ,you must be xian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
Hey the article states that the idea of spontanous life generation goes back to the greek philosophers, which is what it is ... a damn philosophy with no scientific evidence. I believe you have evolved though, you seem stuck on the evolutionary tree at Homo stupidicus.Probably the result of inbred Frenchmen and low I.Q. Indians , the very flower of Canada.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150735 Jan 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I often ponder why it's so important to the theists why agnostic must be redefined so it is incompatible with atheism. So why can there not be agnostic atheists?
Because atheism requires just as much belief and commitment as theism.

No middle ground.

Agnostics are not committed to either. They reserve judgment. Atheists already made their judgment.

But I will bet you won't understand that, and will keep on arguing about it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#150736 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No middle ground.
Agnostics are not committed to either. They reserve judgment. Atheists already made their judgment.
But I will bet you won't understand that, and will keep on arguing about it.
No, that's your own projection. Atheism is, by definition, a lack of belief. You can't change the rules mid-game. Anyone who lacks a belief in a god is an atheist, end of story. You have to justify your own beliefs by projecting your failure to comprehend the differences onto others.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150737 Jan 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's your own projection. Atheism is, by definition, a lack of belief. You can't change the rules mid-game. Anyone who lacks a belief in a god is an atheist, end of story. You have to justify your own beliefs by projecting your failure to comprehend the differences onto others.
Your confusion about definitions is part of your pathology.

If you just lacked a belief you would not be on here telling theists how stupid they are.

You have faith in your conviction there are no deities. Or you have a different pathology relating to some need to be contrary.

Again, that will go totally over your head, or you are on here just to argue. I believe it WILL go over your head.

You Topix atheists are much too much emotional in your arguments to be rational thinkers.
bohart

Newport, TN

#150739 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you just lacked a belief you would not be on here telling theists how stupid they are.
You have faith in your conviction there are no deities. Or you have a different pathology relating to some need to be contrary.
Again, that will go totally over your head, or you are on here just to argue. I believe it WILL go over your head.
You Topix atheists are much too much emotional in your arguments to be rational thinkers.
Ouch! that was good.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#150740 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If theists stopped being stupid, then no one would have reason to call them stupid. I have faith in things with solid evidence, your god has zero, none, so I dismiss your god like all the others, as mythology. I love evidence, evidence is what I study, without evidence there is nothing to accept or deny, it simply does not require any opinion either way.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#150741 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires no belief. Are you Riverside Redneck in drag?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#150744 Jan 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Should I throw away my virtual bible then?
Did it come with the little cardboard glasses so you can see all three dimensions of God? I think they were called Trinity Blinders or something.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#150745 Jan 28, 2013
RR isn't exactly known for his comprehension skills. He falls into the, god exists because I said so level of stupidity.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes no sense whatsoever.
I can shoot lasers from my eyes. Don't ask for evidence because that means you must believe me!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#150746 Jan 28, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, an agnostic deals with what can be known. An theist deals with belief.
Well said. Did you get to watch the video i posted for you?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#150747 Jan 28, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it come with the little cardboard glasses so you can see all three dimensions of God? I think they were called Trinity Blinders or something.
My god can't be seen in RGB.

He's absolutely white.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#150748 Jan 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
My god can't be seen in RGB.
He's absolutely white.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sGN3SBVIjjAXX
It occurs to me, that this world wouldn't survive an intelligent villain.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#150749 Jan 28, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what was Spinoza ?

'God' is the natural forces of the Universe. Thus 'God' is known and observable.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#150750 Jan 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame the failings of human language on her.

The terms atheist and agnostic are ambiguous (at best) in common parlance.

Louisville, KY

#150751 Jan 28, 2013
What does that have to do with atheism? The Big Bang, abiogenesis, evolution and atheism are four different subjects. If you lack the IQ to comprehend that I suggest you start educating yourself so you don't always make a jackass out if yourself.

That's why we call him Daffy!

You're welcome half wit.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,
You have now cleared that up in your own mind. There’s lacking in the world scientific facts on how all life started from a once sterile environment. Atheist accept life self created and self started. Self building the complex DNA codes for every simple and complex life forms.
This blind conviction of a lifeless world exploding into many and varying life forms by self creation is incomprehensible. Yet these Atheist beliefs are based without scientific proof. When it comes to billions of people throughout time that believed and still believe in a higher divine power. Atheist require proof, visible scientific proof.

Louisville, KY

#150752 Jan 28, 2013
Agnosticism is lack of knowledge atheism is lack of belief. The two terms are not mutually exclusive. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. One could be a gnostic theist or a gnostic atheist.

How many times do we have to hold your hand and guide you retards through this?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the lack of belief is agnosticism. It is a passive thing. Atheism is a denial, which is not passive, but definitive.
If you get on here prosyletizing atheism, then you have a belief. Which is most definitive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 min Dak-Original 22,457
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 3 hr Chimney1 349
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Carchar king 495
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 8 hr Patrick 4,512
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 10 hr Patrick 9
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 10 hr Barbarian 4
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 10 hr Patrick 141
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE