Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#150509 Jan 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
we to believe these are your words and not from an Atheist web site?
I find it so odd that if a Christian goes to a Christian site and repost something already in print. The Atheist cast repulsive comments for such action.
You have also failed to list your source which can be found. This is plagiarism, my good Atheist friend. It is taking what someone else owns and claiming it for yourself.
These are not your arguments but repost from off the shelf Atheist web sites. I would challenge you to come up with your own words and research.
This was apparently taken from the "Agnostic Review of Christianity" web site, which should have been properly cited.(took less than 10 sec. to find via Google)

But, now that you've attacked the person for posting without proper citation, why don't you try to actually address the content of his post.

Or is that too hard?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#150510 Jan 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He's giving Bob a run for his money.
Shhhh.

Don't encourage Bob.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150511 Jan 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
And I'm glad that you appreciate pugs. I have a puggle - half pug, half beagle.
Ahhhh.... Pugs are a grand breed! I have my 2nd Pug now, a black male, and he lights up my life :)

They are also a very old dog, been around since 450 BC and bred as lapdogs for the Emperor's of China. The little wrinkle in their forehead is as close as they could get to the Chinese symbol for Prince. Glad that the wrinkle hasn't evolved away, it is very cute.

Just Googled Puggle and they are very cute :)

#150512 Jan 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct, but my eyes and ears are wide open. Maybe today.
Perhaps you have experienced amazing coincidences or deja vu?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150513 Jan 27, 2013
So an Arab yonder converted your dad into being a Christian?

Daffy we all know you made it up ok? You lied and that is a huge part of your Christian heritage.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Out goes through yonder open window the noxious words of a immoralist. Sardonic by nature and perfidious in action. These drossy words of a unlettered katzenjammer ninnyhammer do I cast threw into the abyss from which it came.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#150514 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
REDSEA!
YELLOWRIVER!
Oh damn it, u win!

I meant the blacklagoon poster guy!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#150515 Jan 27, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Richard Dawkins.
Who makes it his purpose in life to persuade people there is no purpose...
Except for the fact that he never once did that.

YOU may not have a purpose without your god, but don't think that everybody needs a god in order to have a purpose.

It ain't necessarily so.

Lexington, KY

#150516 Jan 27, 2013
So where is my picture of your girls being set free before I am swept away?:))
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, u just keep LOLing! Tide is coming for u, so wave bye-bye, u gonna be swept away!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#150517 Jan 27, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have a respect for truth?
How do you account for the concept of "truth" if there are no absolutes?
Well...for instance

It's an absolute truth that you're an absolute idiot.

Lexington, KY

#150518 Jan 27, 2013
Did meatball speak to you today?:))
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you have experienced amazing coincidences or deja vu?

Location hidden

#150519 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So where is my picture of your girls being set free before I am swept away?:))
<quoted text>
U...U...U...HAVE SOME SHAME, U R A MARRIED MAN! SHAME ON U!!!

What would your wife say, just think about it!

They're my girls, i'll set them free when i want to!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150520 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

YELLOWRIVER!
Racist

;-)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#150521 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you never know, she might be into that sort of thing. lol

Lexington, KY

#150522 Jan 27, 2013
Calm down I would let her see them if she wanted to. Freedom for the girls is a positive thing. I just want verification they have indeed been set free of the confines of the demon bra and devil blouse.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#150523 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you never know, she might be into that sort of thing. lol
You're really scaring me today, kitty!

Location hidden

#150524 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Calm down I would let her see them if she wanted to. Freedom for the girls is a positive thing. I just want verification they have indeed been set free of the confines of the demon bra and devil blouse.
<quoted text>
Not until i get proof that u have let the boys out to play!

#150525 Jan 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Dr. Collins, while an evangelical Christian, understands that evolution is true and that creationism and ID are garbage. He is very explicit about this in his book.
Once again, I have no problem with someone who can do science rigorously but still believes in a deity (I think they are wrong about the latter, but that is there right). That means accepting that the universe is about 13.7 billion years old and that humans have evolved from earlier apes (we are apes still). Dr. Collins is fine with these things.
***EXPLOREFAITH: You have said that DNA is “God’s language.” Do you mean that in a literal, or more metaphorical, sense?

FRANCIS COLLINS: A little of both. I believe that the universe was created by God with the specific intention of giving rise to intelligent life. Given that we observe DNA to be the information molecule of all living things, one can regard therefore it as the “Logos” that God has used to speak life into being. Don’t misunderstand me, it is clear that the process of evolution by natural selection over hundreds of millions of years is the “how” that explains the marvelous diversity of life. But that doesn’t provide the answer to “why.” I think God provides that answer.

EXPLOREFAITH: As a scientist, you test your assumptions and beliefs. But as a Christian, you have said that you took “a leap of faith.” Why the two different paths?

FRANCIS COLLINS: Maybe they aren’t that different. Both science and faith are ways of seeking the truth. Science seeks truth about how the natural world works, and faith seeks answers to more profound questions such as, Why is there something instead of nothing?, or What is the meaning of life?, and Is there a God? All require a certain element of faith—you can’t be a scientist unless you have faith in the fact that there is order in nature, and that nature will behave in reproducible and predictable ways.

When I was an atheist and I decided to explore the rational underpinnings of belief in God, I expected to find none—and was astounded to discover that there are strong arguments from nature and philosophy that point to God’s existence. But those do not constitute a proof—apparently God intended to leave it up to us to make this decision. Perhaps such a leap of faith sounds rash to a committed materialist—but can you prove beauty? love?

While I see no irreconcilable conflicts between the book of Genesis and evolutionary science, what we are learning about the relatedness of all living things through the information molecule of DNA offers the chance of a new and exciting interpretation of God’s plan in creating humans in His image.

http://www.explorefaith.org/faces/my_faith/dr... ****

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#150526 Jan 27, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
This was apparently taken from the "Agnostic Review of Christianity" web site, which should have been properly cited.(took less than 10 sec. to find via Google)
But, now that you've attacked the person for posting without proper citation, why don't you try to actually address the content of his post.
Or is that too hard?
Because it was you that asked. I shall address the issue posted however I must say a lot has already been said in the last 30 days.

Deut 20:10-11

10.{When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it}.

11.{And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee}.

What is so horrendous about making peace with an enemy? Notice peace was the very first option.

Now the key word here in verse 11 is “tributaries.” This word “tributaries,” does not mean slavery. How does one take this word and redefine it to mean something other than it’s intended purpose? Tributaries means; “branch off of,” meaning the city will come under the jurisdiction of Israel.

Deut 20:12-16

Now Deut 20-16 deals with the alternative the enemy chooses to take.

12.{And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:}

14.{But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee}.

Notice the women and children will be spared. I would say that’s not immoral but a moral action.

In the early days of American History. When Europeans were coming to the East Coast. This land from coast to coast was occupied by varying sects of Indians. The land belonged to the occupiers. The Europeans who later became Americans waged war and pushed the Indians off of their land. In many instances killing women and children.

Would you consider taking occupied land away from a sect of people moral? It happened here in history and also just about every place on the earth where people occupy land. We see these turf wars also in the animal kingdom as well.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#150527 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
WHAT BABIES? Where r u taking this?
I'm telling Catcher about u! Just coz i said some things to him, it don't mean i broke the link, watch out, liberty guy!
Tide, take him down!
Nobody comes back from a Tide take down.

Are you really really sure?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#150528 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really scaring me today, kitty!
Pft, you ain't seen nothing yet!

I'm bored right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 34 min woodtick57 2,166
God' existence 1 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 2 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 3 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 5 hr ChristineM 366