Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#150489 Jan 27, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
So "original sin" was part of the plan all along. Interesting twist for an apologetic position. So this deity created hell and the serpent and set the whole thing up. Then pretends it's all Eve's fault. That is one vile, sick deity you grovel to.
Don't go eating my private stash tree either, see that one over there with the big red budding flowers that looks so delicious and tasty that is absolutely yummy. Don't you dare touch those great tasting goody fruits that burst with flavor in your mouth. I'm not warning you about that snake talk either. I will be going right now where I can't see if you sneak over to the tree and I'll be back in a couple hours so stay away from it now I mean it!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#150490 Jan 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Out goes through yonder open window the noxious words of a immoralist. Sardonic by nature and perfidious in action. These drossy words of a unlettered katzenjammer ninnyhammer do I cast threw into the abyss from which it came.
If you are going to try to use bigger words, please learn how to spell them and conjugate correctly, because all your failures in this post make your entire argument a joke.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#150491 Jan 27, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have demonstrated it.
The Bible clearly shows that you are lying on this matter.
And as the Bible has shown it can be trusted, then I see no reason to take your word over the truths it clearly reveals.
You do know of God, but you suppress that truth so that you can continue in sin.
You say you don't lie, as if there is an absolute moral value you wish to ascribe to yourself.
Why would you, as an atheist be concerned about that?
You see, you claim to live by atheistic principles of morality, but then you appeal to Christian principles of morality as the defining standard of your character.
Which reveals, that yes, you do know God, but you deny Him as it suits your purpose to...
Well...... it was fun while it lasted. This response is just as ignorant as the rest of the name callers. Just using enough class to not use words like idiot and retard.

It would be very illogical to know god exists but pretend you dont so you can sin!

I hope you were just having a moment and you haven't lost control.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#150492 Jan 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You think much the same of scientists.
They know more than you, so they must be right. Perfect.
Yessir, Boss, you right. No argument from me.
It's OK if you don't have a response, Dave.

Don't be angry.

Maybe some prayer would do you some good right now.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#150493 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists will also allow you to see and test their evidence, which is a huge improvement from what preachers do.
Did you know people weren't even allowed to read and interpret the bible for themselves for over a thousand years? Martin Luther was the first to support people reading it themselves.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#150494 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad state of a theist, you take pride in being uneducated and stupid.
I shall take your elegant words and inscribe them on soft toiletry tissue. Then when nature calls I shall use them to wipe. Your insolent words will have had some special purpose, bless you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#150495 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know people weren't even allowed to read and interpret the bible for themselves for over a thousand years? Martin Luther was the first to support people reading it themselves.
That was part of my point. It is actually one of the pet peeves Mormons have with other christian religions, the preachers still try to discourage people from reading the bible in most churches, but the Mormons make you memorize it as a child.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#150496 Jan 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Out goes through yonder open window the noxious words of a immoralist. Sardonic by nature and perfidious in action. These drossy words of a unlettered katzenjammer ninnyhammer do I cast threw into the abyss from which it came.
For shame, Eagle.

Look at the mess you have made of the English language, and weep.

Southern Illinois

#150497 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to try to use bigger words, please learn how to spell them and conjugate correctly, because all your failures in this post make your entire argument a joke.
You have enlightened and entertained the accomplished with your benightedness.

Long Beach, CA

#150498 Jan 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessir, Boss, you right. No argument from me.
I have been meaning to ask you something, Dave.

Are you getting your Rocky Mountain high?

Do you have a dispensary nearby?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150499 Jan 27, 2013
Lol!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT BABIES? Where r u taking this?
I'm telling Catcher about u! Just coz i said some things to him, it don't mean i broke the link, watch out, liberty guy!
Tide, take him down!

Southern Illinois

#150500 Jan 27, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral God?
Read the Bible
When a person reads declarations like this, they must always keep in mind that to a zealous Christian, all other belief systems are false by definition.
Nothing moral exists outside of the theological cocoon Christians reside in.
So of course, when these zealots speak of a "belief in and love for God", it must be the Bible God and no other. In other words, unless you believe in and love the Bible God, you can never be "totally" moral.
There are many examples of God's "morals" which are anything but moral according to modern "civilized" societies.
Perhaps the most obvious example of God's questionable morals can be found regarding the issue of slavery.
The Bible God endorsed slavery. That's a fact according to the Bible. Christians however, don't like this to be pointed out about their God so they'll attempt to dilute this ugly fact by claiming that God simply "tolerated" slavery but never endorsed it.
A few quotes from the Bible dissolve this cozy notion and rather lame attempt to wash God's hands of this ugly doctrine.
The Bible God gave instructions on how his chosen people should wage war against their various neighbors:
Deut 20:10-11
When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries(forced laborers) unto thee, and they shall serve thee.
Notice that if the people of the attacked city accept the "offer of peace" they will become slaves of God's chosen people. Forced labor is slavery.
Deut 20:12-16
And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
Notice that God instructs his people to completely annihilate nearby nations, killing anything that "breathes", while nations further outside an immediate zone of holiness will have their men killed, their women, children, livestock and everything else taken as plunder by God's chosen people.
Does any of this actually sound "moral" ? This is the same Bible God which Christians say that society must believe in and love in order to have a totally moral society.
Are slavery and mass genocide "moral" just because this deity commanded it?
Read the Bible... It is obvious you enjoy scant knowledge of its contents.
we to believe these are your words and not from an Atheist web site?

I find it so odd that if a Christian goes to a Christian site and repost something already in print. The Atheist cast repulsive comments for such action.

You have also failed to list your source which can be found. This is plagiarism, my good Atheist friend. It is taking what someone else owns and claiming it for yourself.

These are not your arguments but repost from off the shelf Atheist web sites. I would challenge you to come up with your own words and research.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#150501 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know this goon guy you're talking about.
BLACKLAGOON!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#150502 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been meaning to ask you something, Dave.
Are you getting your Rocky Mountain high?
Do you have a dispensary nearby?
That is something I gave up a long time ago.

It will be a while before it gets out to the hinterlands here.

Location hidden

#150503 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For shame, Eagle.
Look at the mess you have made of the English language, and weep.
LMAO, ROFL!!!

This is why you're the best!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150504 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say it in a way. That you perhaps. May understand me. That your first name was l, not m. Is what I thought.
By the way, you make scrolling easy.
He's giving Bob a run for his money.

Location hidden

#150505 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol!
<quoted text>
Yh, u just keep LOLing! Tide is coming for u, so wave bye-bye, u gonna be swept away!

Long Beach, CA

#150506 Jan 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it so odd that if a Christian goes to a Christian site and repost something already in print.
One thing is certain.

Nobody could accuse you of plagiarizing from a website.

Why, you may ask?

I'll tell you why.

The content of the sites is contained in complete sentences.

Long Beach, CA

#150507 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
BLACKLAGOON!
REDSEA!
YELLOWRIVER!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150508 Jan 27, 2013
Do you pay royalties to the apologetics you steal from word for word?

Hey do Shock of God next or that creepy dude with a sheet of paper and a pen who draws a circle that represents all the knowledge in the universe and then wants you to use the pen to fill in the amount of knowledge we have of everything and then gasp and say but look at all that open space! Isn't it possible that god is somewhere in that?

I mean the, limited knowledge argument will just get you laughed at by people of reason but hey maybe you take requests for your future humiliation?

You were going to use this yes? Wow Isaiah 13:16 dash their infants to pieces, next rob their house and lastly rape their grieving wife crying for the loss of her infant before killing her to. Goodness that one scripture speaks volumes about your god's absolute morality yes?

In that it's absolutely barbaric.

Thankfully as a society we have progressed beyond the musings of the bible into a more progressive, secular, humanist society.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your erudite refutations tend to be a little bit arbitrary.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Even Steven 1,014
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 9 hr thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 13 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Tue Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Tue Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE