Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239933 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#150537 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You make your own purpose. Mine is to seek evidence. Since you present no evidence all your claims about your religion are dismissed as mythology.
Does the "evidence" in your life reflect your morality? That's what you should really be concerned about.

Scienc teaches that you can claim that anything is true if the only basis for believing it, is that nobody has proved it isn't.

“The name is ironic. I'm a girl”

Fletcher, NC &Fayetteville, NC

#150538 Jan 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Her name is Gillian, and actually, I am speaking for her today :):):) And she is sending you smiles.....

WasteWater _ wrote:
<quoted text>

Twiigs_n_b3rriez wrote:
<quoted text> Okay nutcase, we get it... but don't really care. I believe in God and am gay. What a hypocrisy, ey? NOT! Bob, we all know your gay, you just don't act on your sexual urges.

So you believe in gods and goddesses, ghosts and angels, gods on earth and heaven, the devil and hell, and that has something to do with sexual orientation?
What a sicko you are.

WasteWater calling Twiigs_n_b3rriez a sicko? What an honor!
I am thrilled with the attention, no matter how random. That is my only goal in life. Has been since I was a gay infant wanting my butt wiped that special way.

But YOU are the sicko WasteWater!

You pretend to support gay causes, but only the limp-wristed light-in-the-loafers boa-wearing gays.
A beautifully oiled-up body builder makes you vomit.
And any rough stuff or even sex in the fun zones makes you flat out bigoted. You are quite happy to discriminate against gays with multiple partners and lack of condoms, saying AIDS is God's way of keeping vermin down.
Sick, sick, sick sicko!

Location hidden

#150539 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Do you pay royalties to the apologetics you steal from word for word?
Hey do Shock of God next or that creepy dude with a sheet of paper and a pen who draws a circle that represents all the knowledge in the universe and then wants you to use the pen to fill in the amount of knowledge we have of everything and then gasp and say but look at all that open space! Isn't it possible that god is somewhere in that?
I mean the, limited knowledge argument will just get you laughed at by people of reason but hey maybe you take requests for your future humiliation?
You were going to use this yes? Wow Isaiah 13:16 dash their infants to pieces, next rob their house and lastly rape their grieving wife crying for the loss of her infant before killing her to. Goodness that one scripture speaks volumes about your god's absolute morality yes?
In that it's absolutely barbaric.
Thankfully as a society we have progressed beyond the musings of the bible into a more progressive, secular, humanist society.
<quoted text>
What would you know of the teachings of Jesus, he wrote nothing himself. You only know how others interpret his teachings.

Jesus corrected the Jewish doctrines of the Old Testament by introducing a new system of ethics, which was disbelieved by the Jews. Jesus and Jews were not exactly best buds. Why do you think he never taught in synagogues? The first time he tried the "Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him." Further, why would a Jewish God send his only begotten son to reform the Jewish hierarchy of that day? Yet this is exactly what transpired! The New Testament is the Old Testament reformed.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#150540 Jan 27, 2013
solopassage wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the "evidence" in your life reflect your morality? That's what you should really be concerned about.
Scienc teaches that you can claim that anything is true if the only basis for believing it, is that nobody has proved it isn't.
Your user name is interesting. Brings up an important aspect of life as a human being.

Going through life alone is something no one wants to do. People have a need for companionship.

You will never get rid of a Jesus for that reason.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#150541 Jan 27, 2013
solopassage wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know of the teachings of Jesus, he wrote nothing himself. You only know how others interpret his teachings.
THINK about that for a long while would you?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#150542 Jan 27, 2013
solopassage wrote:
<quoted text>
you have NO clue what SCIENCE is

you must be xian
Avery

Portland, OR

#150543 Jan 27, 2013
Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

- Christopher Hitchens

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#150544 Jan 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So an Arab yonder converted your dad into being a Christian?
Daffy we all know you made it up ok? You lied and that is a huge part of your Christian heritage.
<quoted text>
I shant not worry what a Capra Aegagrus Hircus
thinks.

Westcliffe, CO

#150545 Jan 27, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you have NO clue what SCIENCE is
you must be xian
You are demonstrably emotionally impaired, which interferes with any intellectual abilities you may possess.

But go ahead and tell us what science is.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150546 Jan 27, 2013
Avery wrote:
<quoted text>
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
"I don't need to be made to look evil. I can do that on my own."

- Christopher Walken
uIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#150547 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw. Not my style. ;)
if no Pole dance, how about hop hoppity dance?
:)....
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

#150548 Jan 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time ...... children were safe in school!
When was that? The Bath School Bombing was committed in 1927, back when there was school prayer and everybody lived an Andy Hardy existence. It killed 38 students, more than Lanza or that Virginia Tech loser. Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_Disa...
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

#150549 Jan 27, 2013
Oh, and Andrew Kehoe, the bomber, was a typical right-wing tax protester type...

Location hidden

#150550 Jan 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your user name is interesting. Brings up an important aspect of life as a human being.
Going through life alone is something no one wants to do. People have a need for companionship.
You will never get rid of a Jesus for that reason.
There's is nothing wrong with being a private person and Henry David Thoreau would agree. The need for companionship is a popular consensus among the mob, not a dictum.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#150551 Jan 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
"I don't need to be made to look evil. I can do that on my own."
- Christopher Walken
"There now. Did I get your tail back on properly, Eeyore?"

- Christopher Robin

Westcliffe, CO

#150552 Jan 27, 2013
solopassage wrote:
<quoted text>
There's is nothing wrong with being a private person and Henry David Thoreau would agree. The need for companionship is a popular consensus among the mob, not a dictum.
Being a private person is usually a developed taste.

A lot depends on the choices of who or what to associate with.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#150553 Jan 27, 2013
Kinky!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until i get proof that u have let the boys out to play!

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#150554 Jan 27, 2013
Yes we will run with those who are able to demonstrate observable data vs people who puke out flowery speech.

Your sister meatball would approve.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***We believe that God created the universe, the earth, and all life over billions of years. God continues to sustain the existence and functioning of the natural world, and the cosmos continues to declare the glory of God.

Run with the Scientists then?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150555 Jan 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"There now. Did I get your tail back on properly, Eeyore?"
- Christopher Robin
"I think the fundamental part of my technique is my vibrato."

;-)

- Robin Trower

Westcliffe, CO

#150557 Jan 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 min The_Box 7,645
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min karl44 19,143
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 1 hr Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Reason Personified 14,660
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Thinking 2,237
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 15 hr NoahLovesU 7,514
Is God a Perfect Being? Mon Thinking 16
More from around the web