Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
bohart

Newport, TN

#150005 Jan 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No , not just the right chemicals in the right amounts. But also in the correct location. THAT's the hard part.
So you believe that all these chemicals came together in an ancient primordial soup stirred by winds and tides or whatever and this was the right location in the proper amounts to create life?God you have faith in miracles! The faith of a religious zealot.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150006 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t3SA85RoJH0XX
Top comment: "ahhh just some good old fashion family racism"
Never trust the black crows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#150007 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I think in more real world physical terms than you can.
Doubtful.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Picture yourself sitting on a stadium bench with people siting next to each other. A relative equilibrium of forces emanating from each is reached, but a change in one changes the transfer down the line. Anywhere from a push to the transfer of heat. The universe is made the same way according to mainstream physics.
Each particle in each atom is locked in place by the position and state of each and every other particle in the universe. Gravity and EM are universal in their reach.
Balance two 4000 ton weights on a perfect frictionless balance beam. Then drop a feather on one of them. What is supposed to happen?
And he starts with "picture yourself".

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#150008 Jan 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Never trust the black crows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5qD72NCJSkkXX
Be wary of crow bars.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150009 Jan 24, 2013
I guess you somehow missed his flood of insults, copy and pasting the same Eric Hovind nonsense and dodging questions for days on end. Fun? All I am saying is it was funny how Derek vanishes and he appears posting as rapidly and wildly as Derek.
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong... but i don't think he is Derek. Derek is mean and floods the board with cut and paste BS from websites he doesn't even read. Mtimber is fun. I disagree with most if what he has to say but he keeps himself under control and i respect that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#150010 Jan 24, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>It is very simple.
God or gods are manmade to explain their existence.
It is really that simple.
You know your god's manmade when he hates all the same people you do.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150011 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
Funny how atheists hang out in Christian forums eh? Nothing better to do I suppose :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150012 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You know your god's manmade when he hates all the same people you do.
Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150013 Jan 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Be wary of crow bars.
That's all I'm sayin'.
I avoid bars in general.

I'd rather squat in the alley.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150015 Jan 25, 2013
Hey your sister has a Wikipedia page!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

Neato! I am so glad to be of help. You're welcome.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150016 Jan 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
Many of us have met many years ago, through an old forum, What do you think of Jesus; God, thread. We got hassled by a lot of posters and started a couple of different threads, and finally, JW, started the one you are referring to now.

Luckily for just over 40 of us, we found FB (or FB found us) and we have taken our friendship and blossomed it into something that is prettier than a flower. We have shared deaths of loved ones amongst us, known only through forums, and we have shared deaths of our own loved ones, and deaths of our beloved pets and animals.

We have, for no other reason than our Faith in GOD and JESUS, not only found each other, we have built our Family with numbers and with genuine care. Only one member that I know of has had to be removed..... and we have been together in FB for some time now.

I hope you posters who want to make it tough for Christians stay out of that forum, it is weak at the moment and hard for newcomers to have much reason to stay. Anyway, thanks for telling others about that forum, JW started it off in a grand way, and it is still going :)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#150017 Jan 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.
Nope.

I don't hate anybody.

Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150018 Jan 25, 2013
You think that's funny? Check out your sister's perforance here! She is a hoot!

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how atheists hang out in Christian forums eh? Nothing better to do I suppose :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150019 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You think that's funny? Check out your sister's perforance here! She is a hoot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OZTeuos9QAsXX
<quoted text>
As if I would click on your link, Prince Charming? I guess it is your sister your are talking of, can't be mine, can it?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150020 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
I don't hate anybody.
Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.
Ahhh.. neither do I, but you did bring up the topic LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#150021 Jan 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoid bars in general.
I'd rather squat in the alley.
Two guys walk into a bar. One looks at the other and says: "Did you see that?"

And the other guy replies: " No, I didn't"

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150022 Jan 25, 2013
AntiFreakMachine wrote:
<quoted text>
Two guys walk into a bar. One looks at the other and says: "Did you see that?"
And the other guy replies: " No, I didn't"


http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150023 Jan 25, 2013
Well, you didn't think god was real, did you? You're a bit old for that.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD S man made? That's a first LOL
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150024 Jan 25, 2013
So we have met.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoid bars in general.
I'd rather squat in the alley.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150025 Jan 25, 2013
Apropos nothing at all, this is probably my favourite use of the word "bollocks".

www.youtube.com/watch...
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
I don't hate anybody.
Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 1 hr Patrick 758
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr TheHeadlines 89
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr TheHeadlines 22,214
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 2 hr TheHeadlines 4,093
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 7 hr Thinking 5
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••