Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#149991 Jan 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
The acts of breathing and sneezing prove that.
Achoooo!

Embrace the grey.

#149992 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
Actually, he got that from Bahnsen and Van Till and others.
Who got it from the Bible.
I am bemused as to what crime you think is being made here?
It would be much easier for me, if you went and educated yourself on some of these issues, so that I did not have to keep trying to explain the obvious to you.
Please, go and watch Greg Bahnsen or Dr Jason Lyle, they are all pre-suppositional apologists, just like myself...
This argument is called:
Pre-suppositional apologetics if someone wants to go and check it out.
Christians on here, should understand it, you will soon realise that militant atheists do not have an argument against this.
But have to reduce their worldview to absurdity to escape the logical conclusion...
LOL

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#149993 Jan 24, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but the scenario you presented was very challenging. I really want to get my head wrapped around it. Perhaps you could PM me and we could go into it more in depth. If you don't want to that's cool too.
Sure. I don't know how to PM though. Maybe if i use the full site instead of the mobile site.... i can actually find a really good video where i stole that last example from. Its good. I'll try to remember to find it tomorrow.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#149994 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Some pretty far out scenarios in some dreams. Totally disconnected from this world. You forget a lot of them right away.
You should forget them too. Then, perhaps, you could become connected to this world.

Location hidden

#149995 Jan 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen as expected Derek4's other screen name mtimber has refused to answer any question and continues to dodge actual debate.
He wishes to claim his god is the absolute authority when it comes to morality yet when questioned about the horrific acts his god committed and commanded his people to do he as expected cries that this is an unfair off topic question.
So remember his god is the absolute authority on morality, just don't bring up examples of his god's morality or he will hide and scream no fair.
Typical unintelligent, intellectually dishonest Christian idiot trolls like him are a dime per 100,000.
I could be wrong... but i don't think he is Derek. Derek is mean and floods the board with cut and paste BS from websites he doesn't even read. Mtimber is fun. I disagree with most if what he has to say but he keeps himself under control and i respect that.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#149996 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I think in more real world physical terms than you can.
Picture yourself sitting on a stadium bench with people siting next to each other. A relative equilibrium of forces emanating from each is reached, but a change in one changes the transfer down the line. Anywhere from a push to the transfer of heat. The universe is made the same way according to mainstream physics.
Each particle in each atom is locked in place by the position and state of each and every other particle in the universe. Gravity and EM are universal in their reach.
Balance two 4000 ton weights on a perfect frictionless balance beam. Then drop a feather on one of them. What is supposed to happen?
I know.

God will pop out of the balance beam, grab the feather, and tickle himself with it.

How did I do, Dave?

Long Beach, CA

#149997 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
LOL indeed.

I put this guy under the Catcher white sheet just as soon as he showed up.

Turns out he's a new name for some other waste of time.

Location hidden

#149998 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Achoooo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =g0lbfEb8MMkXX
Buttered flies?

Slippery creatures at best.

Embrace the grey.

#149999 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
LOL indeed.
I put this guy under the Catcher white sheet just as soon as he showed up.
Turns out he's a new name for some other waste of time.
I haven't seen his personality under another name, but I don't venture out too much.

I should have thought of it before, but I'm pretty sure IANS would like to talk to him.

Do you know if he's been posting somewhere lately?

Embrace the grey.

#150000 Jan 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Buttered flies?
Slippery creatures at best.

Top comment: "ahhh just some good old fashion family racism"

Location hidden

#150001 Jan 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
That is always the hope.
Have a look at presuppositional apologetics.
Start with Sye Ten Bruggencate, then move to Dr Jason Lisle and finish with the master Greg Bahnsen.
A week with them and you will have no problem dealing with your average militant atheist...
I'm a bit shocked and bothered by this.

Although you have been having conversations about coming to rational conclusions... using logic... and such... all of which i am happy with..... now you are supporting presuppositional apologetics?

I feel like the pastafarians have a lot of fun with the same tactics because they are pointing out the absurdities of it.

Maybe that explains why you have been equating goddidit with arockdidit. Except in presuppositional apologetics ... goddidit is where it begins so it fills the gaps like a base color on a canvas. Science doesnt begin with the answer. It finds the highest probabilities while searching for answers. So if one answer was arockdidit... it wont be the answer to all of the unanswered questions.

If we walked into a room with a box and a note on it... you read the note and it said a 18 lb blue bowling ball was in the box... you believed it and sat down... and i picked up the small light weight box and said i didnt believe the note... coming from presuppositional apologetics... can i trust my senses when i think i see a small box that feels light weight?... so i think nothing is in the box?... this is very problematic.

Strawman? I don't know... but i dont see a difference.

Long Beach, CA

#150002 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen his personality under another name, but I don't venture out too much.
I should have thought of it before, but I'm pretty sure IANS would like to talk to him.
Do you know if he's been posting somewhere lately?
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.

It's a hoot over there.

There's this guy, Counter_Strike.

You'd have a good time with him.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#150003 Jan 24, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I don't know how to PM though. Maybe if i use the full site instead of the mobile site.... i can actually find a really good video where i stole that last example from. Its good. I'll try to remember to find it tomorrow.
Thank you

Embrace the grey.

#150004 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
I read a few posts over there.

Can Counter_Strike speak English?
bohart

Newport, TN

#150005 Jan 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No , not just the right chemicals in the right amounts. But also in the correct location. THAT's the hard part.
So you believe that all these chemicals came together in an ancient primordial soup stirred by winds and tides or whatever and this was the right location in the proper amounts to create life?God you have faith in miracles! The faith of a religious zealot.

Location hidden

#150006 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t3SA85RoJH0XX
Top comment: "ahhh just some good old fashion family racism"
Never trust the black crows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#150007 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I think in more real world physical terms than you can.
Doubtful.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Picture yourself sitting on a stadium bench with people siting next to each other. A relative equilibrium of forces emanating from each is reached, but a change in one changes the transfer down the line. Anywhere from a push to the transfer of heat. The universe is made the same way according to mainstream physics.
Each particle in each atom is locked in place by the position and state of each and every other particle in the universe. Gravity and EM are universal in their reach.
Balance two 4000 ton weights on a perfect frictionless balance beam. Then drop a feather on one of them. What is supposed to happen?
And he starts with "picture yourself".

Embrace the grey.

#150008 Jan 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Never trust the black crows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5qD72NCJSkkXX
Be wary of crow bars.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#150009 Jan 24, 2013
I guess you somehow missed his flood of insults, copy and pasting the same Eric Hovind nonsense and dodging questions for days on end. Fun? All I am saying is it was funny how Derek vanishes and he appears posting as rapidly and wildly as Derek.
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong... but i don't think he is Derek. Derek is mean and floods the board with cut and paste BS from websites he doesn't even read. Mtimber is fun. I disagree with most if what he has to say but he keeps himself under control and i respect that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#150010 Jan 24, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>It is very simple.
God or gods are manmade to explain their existence.
It is really that simple.
You know your god's manmade when he hates all the same people you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Gillette 1,046
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 9 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 9 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 20 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE