Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#149970 Jan 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far behind the times it's scary, scientists at Arizona state have begun new investigations into lifes origin rejecting the premise that life is like baking a cake,..all you need is the right chemicals in the proper amount and walla! life! It's a 19th century concept.
Yes, the chemicals have to be in the correct locations. That isn't easy, but it is still a physical thing. Life *is* a complex collection of chemical reactions. ALL the evidence shows this.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149971 Jan 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuuude !!!
I had the same dream. Wait, was the car blue?
Why, yes...

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#149972 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would reality create dreams? What would be the need?
We dream to 'play out' scenarios in the safety of sleep rather than in the dangerous real world. We are good enough at extrapolation to be able to work through some basics.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#149973 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire concept of "free will" is an illusion.
The acts of breathing and sneezing prove that.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#149974 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Science speak for blowing a big bubble. I posted a better link some time ago.
Which you clearly did not understand.
Regardless, all matter, and thus the interactions of it, are contained in this universe, as they are derivatives of that original event. They say.
A bit strangely said, but I can live with this so far.
A muon doesn't decay unless something else helps it along. It has to be affected.
Why do you say that? What do you think 'helps it along'?
Your perception of physics sure has a paranormal tinge to it. Particles appearing out of nowhere. Phenomenons happen just because the phenomenee got a wild hair.
Not exactly. The probabilities of the different possibilities can be calculated. And quite accurately, at that.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#149975 Jan 24, 2013
And from now on you will be reported for your copy and paste block spam. Fair enough? You come here to troll but then get furious when treated like a troll? I suggest if you can't handle it stay in the Christian forums.

Thanks Daffy.

Oh and I will be staying, for a long time regardless of how you wail and cry for getting what you ask for :)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark, I turned in this individual to Topix yesterday.
I would love ďGivemelibertyĒ to stay but he/she will have to refrain from being abusive. I would encourage you to do the same if this individual becomes abusive.

Lexington, KY

#149976 Jan 24, 2013
Indeed. He argues that his god is the absolute standard for morality yet when you show him examples of his god's morality and ask him about that he runs away screaming and pouting.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all he does...

Lexington, KY

#149977 Jan 24, 2013
Put every infant to the sword. Moral or no?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I realize itís hopeless but itís just down right fun to prove them wrong.
Of course thereís always a chance someone reading thatís on the fence may be persuaded.

Lexington, KY

#149978 Jan 24, 2013
So you were reading your own posts I see :)

Your god commanded his people to kill everyone in a city but save the young virgin girls for themselves and put every infant to the sword. Each and every infant. Moral or no?

Lame dodge in 3....2...1....
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the arguments I have seen are merely arbitrary claims to knowledge with no rational basis of support...

Lexington, KY

#149979 Jan 24, 2013
Just a reminder.
RR: Catholics are not Christians!
GML: What is the largest Christian church?
RR: The Catholic Church of course.... D'oh!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You're rising the atheist ranks. You might be able to catch up to that Liberty doofus.

Lexington, KY

#149980 Jan 24, 2013
You see half wit you are doing it backwards. Before you can that god is a creator or an authority you fist need to demonstrate observable proof for a god.

Until you have demonstrated and defined a god the rest is imagination, nothing more.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are alive.
Even debating with me, proves Gods existence.
Without Him, you have no basis for absolute laws of logic.
By debating and occasionally using reason, you prove His existence...

Lexington, KY

#149982 Jan 24, 2013
And by death you mean pay 50 sheckles. Put every infant in the city to the sword so commands your god. Was god immoral here?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make it clear as with many Atheist you are making your own assumptions not based in scripture. Rape was a crime punishable by death. If it happened it was illegal and risky for the perpetrator.
Who says a soldier doesnít want to have a loving relationship with a former enemy female?
Your assertions are not scripturally based. If Iím wrong then please supply the scripture that says marriage was a form of forced rape. If you canít supply biblical proof just say you have no proof.
The women were war brides from a defeated enemy. No where does it say they were forced to marry and forced to have sex. Nor does the scripture imply of forced rape.

Lexington, KY

#149983 Jan 24, 2013
This will of course be ignored or the sheep will bleat you took it out of context. The dodgeball will continue bud. They lack the honesty to answer for their bible's atrocities.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather married a German lady after the war and he failed to follow god's laws on the matter.
Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
What?!?! He could sell her because he humbled her?!?!? What did you say that meant? LOL!

Lexington, KY

#149984 Jan 24, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen as expected Derek4's other screen name mtimber has refused to answer any question and continues to dodge actual debate.

He wishes to claim his god is the absolute authority when it comes to morality yet when questioned about the horrific acts his god committed and commanded his people to do he as expected cries that this is an unfair off topic question.

So remember his god is the absolute authority on morality, just don't bring up examples of his god's morality or he will hide and scream no fair.

Typical unintelligent, intellectually dishonest Christian idiot trolls like him are a dime per 100,000.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#149985 Jan 24, 2013
Poor God.

He's going to have to leave town.

His life will be pure Hell after all of these righteous Topix atheists show up on his doorstep.

Hope he doesn't turn over the keys to the kingdom to them.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#149986 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor God.
His life will be pure Hell after all of these righteous Topix atheists show up on his doorstep.
Do you always talk to yourself? That sure would explain your god obsession.

Location hidden

#149987 Jan 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We dream to 'play out' scenarios in the safety of sleep rather than in the dangerous real world. We are good enough at extrapolation to be able to work through some basics.
?

Some pretty far out scenarios in some dreams. Totally disconnected from this world. You forget a lot of them right away.

Keep going, though. Give us the mechanics and evolutionary reasons for such things,

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#149988 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor God.
Yeah, poor Quetzalcoatl.

Or was Osiris?

Zeus maybe?

Thor?

Will the real god hand over the keys to the kingdom.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#149989 Jan 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor God.
Nah, we won't be a problem. We'll simply be tossed in the Lake of Fire.

Location hidden

#149990 Jan 24, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which you clearly did not understand.
<quoted text>
A bit strangely said, but I can live with this so far.
<quoted text>
Why do you say that? What do you think 'helps it along'?
<quoted text>
Not exactly. The probabilities of the different possibilities can be calculated. And quite accurately, at that.
I guess I think in more real world physical terms than you can.

Picture yourself sitting on a stadium bench with people siting next to each other. A relative equilibrium of forces emanating from each is reached, but a change in one changes the transfer down the line. Anywhere from a push to the transfer of heat. The universe is made the same way according to mainstream physics.

Each particle in each atom is locked in place by the position and state of each and every other particle in the universe. Gravity and EM are universal in their reach.

Balance two 4000 ton weights on a perfect frictionless balance beam. Then drop a feather on one of them. What is supposed to happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 min Thinking 2,277
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 15 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 20 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 21 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 21 hr thetruth 67
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web