Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#150010 Jan 24, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>It is very simple.
God or gods are manmade to explain their existence.
It is really that simple.
You know your god's manmade when he hates all the same people you do.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150011 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
Funny how atheists hang out in Christian forums eh? Nothing better to do I suppose :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150012 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You know your god's manmade when he hates all the same people you do.
Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150013 Jan 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Be wary of crow bars.
That's all I'm sayin'.
I avoid bars in general.

I'd rather squat in the alley.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#150015 Jan 25, 2013
Hey your sister has a Wikipedia page!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

Neato! I am so glad to be of help. You're welcome.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150016 Jan 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is posting in the Why Should Jesus Love Me thread.
It's a hoot over there.
There's this guy, Counter_Strike.
You'd have a good time with him.
Many of us have met many years ago, through an old forum, What do you think of Jesus; God, thread. We got hassled by a lot of posters and started a couple of different threads, and finally, JW, started the one you are referring to now.

Luckily for just over 40 of us, we found FB (or FB found us) and we have taken our friendship and blossomed it into something that is prettier than a flower. We have shared deaths of loved ones amongst us, known only through forums, and we have shared deaths of our own loved ones, and deaths of our beloved pets and animals.

We have, for no other reason than our Faith in GOD and JESUS, not only found each other, we have built our Family with numbers and with genuine care. Only one member that I know of has had to be removed..... and we have been together in FB for some time now.

I hope you posters who want to make it tough for Christians stay out of that forum, it is weak at the moment and hard for newcomers to have much reason to stay. Anyway, thanks for telling others about that forum, JW started it off in a grand way, and it is still going :)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#150017 Jan 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you hate many Mac? I find that emotion a total waste of energy, and found it much easier to tackle the situation that borders on extreme emotion, take it on the chin as such, and move in whichever direction the chin takes. It always takes me away from anything that could border on dislike, and that is why I could quit my last job so easily; GOD would not want me hanging around with a woman boss that was going to suck my energy dry. Worked out perfectly, too; didn't expect a job just before Christmas, but of course, hospitality needs people in these peak hour periods, so I also got a few public holidays to boot :) Ah, yes, easy to understand why we can trust GOD when we have our trust in GOD ~ man(kind) in general, well, are man(kind) in general.
Nope.

I don't hate anybody.

Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#150018 Jan 25, 2013
You think that's funny? Check out your sister's perforance here! She is a hoot!

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how atheists hang out in Christian forums eh? Nothing better to do I suppose :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150019 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You think that's funny? Check out your sister's perforance here! She is a hoot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OZTeuos9QAsXX
<quoted text>
As if I would click on your link, Prince Charming? I guess it is your sister your are talking of, can't be mine, can it?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#150020 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
I don't hate anybody.
Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.
Ahhh.. neither do I, but you did bring up the topic LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#150021 Jan 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoid bars in general.
I'd rather squat in the alley.
Two guys walk into a bar. One looks at the other and says: "Did you see that?"

And the other guy replies: " No, I didn't"

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150022 Jan 25, 2013
AntiFreakMachine wrote:
<quoted text>
Two guys walk into a bar. One looks at the other and says: "Did you see that?"
And the other guy replies: " No, I didn't"


http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150023 Jan 25, 2013
Well, you didn't think god was real, did you? You're a bit old for that.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD S man made? That's a first LOL
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150024 Jan 25, 2013
So we have met.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I avoid bars in general.
I'd rather squat in the alley.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#150025 Jan 25, 2013
Apropos nothing at all, this is probably my favourite use of the word "bollocks".

www.youtube.com/watch...
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
I don't hate anybody.
Hence, no need of a deity to justify it.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150026 Jan 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So we have met.
<quoted text>
Have we?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#150028 Jan 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
This will of course be ignored or the sheep will bleat you took it out of context. The dodgeball will continue bud. They lack the honesty to answer for their bible's atrocities.
<quoted text>
I believe that there are far less people on Topix than the number of name suggests; none of them are christian.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#150029 Jan 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your mother goose eternal, all powerful, all present, all knowing and all moral from before the creation of the universe?
Oh hang on, wouldn't that make her God?
Mother Goose can be anything I want her to be, just like your god. That's what's great about fairytales.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#150030 Jan 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of crud. Why would you claim there is no basis for logic without a deity?
Because he is a dishonest theist trying to protect his delusions.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#150031 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, do you?
Just by you being here & arguing about God (the same God you say doesn't exist - or that there's no proof of), you're "door bell" is ringing....
Well hello Mother Goose! Come on in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr nanoanomaly 117
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 74,760
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Dogen 4,048
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 13 hr Subduction Zone 6,084
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Thu Subduction Zone 32,062
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed John 4,951
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web