Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,199)

Showing posts 143,961 - 143,980 of217,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149833
Jan 24, 2013
 
Answer my question and I will answer yours. Enough dodging already answer or fail.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, as an atheist how do you come to appeal to such outraged moral absolute standards?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149834
Jan 24, 2013
 
And by rationality you mean dodging questions. Still waiting to see you give an actual answer.

And waiting....
And waiting....
And waiting.........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hmmm? Hmmm! Did you finally answer a question? Nope dodging them as usual I see.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called rationality I believe.:-)
lol :-)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149835
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
Hmmm am I the only one who has noticed that a certain copy and paste troll who always flooded the thread with spam has vanished ever since the Hovind fan club president timber has arrived?
If you want to save yourself the time of reading his posts all you have to do is click.
http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
This is where he stole it from, word for word.
Actually, he got that from Bahnsen and Van Till and others.

Who got it from the Bible.

I am bemused as to what crime you think is being made here?

It would be much easier for me, if you went and educated yourself on some of these issues, so that I did not have to keep trying to explain the obvious to you.

Please, go and watch Greg Bahnsen or Dr Jason Lyle, they are all pre-suppositional apologists, just like myself...

This argument is called:

Pre-suppositional apologetics if someone wants to go and check it out.

Christians on here, should understand it, you will soon realise that militant atheists do not have an argument against this.

But have to reduce their worldview to absurdity to escape the logical conclusion...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149836
Jan 24, 2013
 
Wow this one is getting as bad as Muq is when it comes to avoiding questions! Hahaha! Questions and reason truly are the believers greatest fear.

You have shown repeatedly that you are unable to answer any questions hence you are ill prepared to attempt to debate. Childishly dodging questions shows you are not up to the task. You have failed as expected. Saying god exists because I said so and running like hell from questions just doesn't cut it and bottom line that's all you have.

I humbly accept your unequivocal defeat and surrender. I am not bragging it was all too easy.

That'll do Christhole, that'll do. Now I suspect you have some logical fallacies to post and questions to hide from :)

Checkmate.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
This is totally irrelevant to the point I made...
If you want to have an emotional tantrum in the thread, then go ahead, but it does not validate your point in any way...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149837
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
I am troubled by the quality of maturity, rationality, and intellect that has recently gathered on this forum. People such as mtimber and EmpAtheist, among others.

The quality is too high. It's unnatural for this forum.

Something must be happening.
You were gone.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149838
Jan 24, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes you often use circular arguments along with other logical fallacies and dodging questions.
But guess what Derek? It doesn't matter that you changed your screen name and stole from Eric Hovind, bashing science and cowardly dodging questions doesn't prove god no matter what your favorite site http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/ told you.
I understand why you are unable to answer our questions Derek, regardless of what screen name you use. These questions aren't covered in your bookmarked how to debate an atheist sites, hence why you rely on dodging so much.
By all means prove me right by dodging questions Derek. Sorry but changing your screen name doesn't change the stupid.:)
Just don't go hacking up infants that you pulled away from their pleading mothers as your god commanded his people to do before, ok?
<quoted text>
My name is Mark by the way, but if you have some deep inner need to call me Derek, than knock yourself out...

:-)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149839
Jan 24, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Can you for once answer a question or is dodging hen all you are able to do?
<quoted text>
I am sorry, I though you have only been stating your own arbitrary position and judgments.

I must have missed the rational questions you would like me to answer?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149840
Jan 24, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all circular.
P==>Q
P
Therefore Q.
Standard Moden Ponens.
You are right, but your first premise was faulty...

Which should have been my point.

I stand corrected.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149841
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The decay of a muon.
Do muons decay?

If so, then that implies cause...

Do you have another example of something that does not have a cause?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149842
Jan 24, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow this one is getting as bad as Muq is when it comes to avoiding questions! Hahaha! Questions and reason truly are the believers greatest fear.
You have shown repeatedly that you are unable to answer any questions hence you are ill prepared to attempt to debate. Childishly dodging questions shows you are not up to the task. You have failed as expected. Saying god exists because I said so and running like hell from questions just doesn't cut it and bottom line that's all you have.
I humbly accept your unequivocal defeat and surrender. I am not bragging it was all too easy.
That'll do Christhole, that'll do. Now I suspect you have some logical fallacies to post and questions to hide from :)
Checkmate.
<quoted text>
Was there a question mixed in with your appeal to your own arbitrary assumption of superiority?

I did not see one...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149843
Jan 24, 2013
 
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of the OT explicitly allows Israelites to take girls captured in war and make them their wives *without any consent*. Wives were expected to service their husbands sexually.
The Israelites did not view this as rape because women were essentially the property of their husbands.
But I know, and you know, that it's rape.
You are insinuating a women taken in captivity and married is a sex slave. I respectfully disagree.“Without any consent” is your words and those words are not in the bible in reference to this subject. A assumption on your part and not factual.

The only way a marriage will work is if both parties willingly agree. And both parties are lovingly bonded.

Genesis 24:48-51, 58-67

Here we find of an example where the wife to be is asked.

So they called Rebekah and asked her,
“Do you wish to go with this man?”
She answered,“I do.”

Here is an example where the woman was asked about marriage.

Genesis 2

“The Lord God said:“It is not good for the man to be alone.”

“I will make a suitable partner for him.”

“That is why a man leaves his father and mother
and clings to his wife, and the two of them become one body.”

Here we have a reference to a partner and a partnership.

Proverbs 31 gives details as to what a wife means.

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149844
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> People like me look at at a rock and ask, how much?
People like me look at at a rock and ask, "Can I drive over it?"

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149845
Jan 24, 2013
 
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
IF god created ALL
he created your future also,
NO free will
simple indeed
Oh, jeez.....

Really?

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149846
Jan 24, 2013
 
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with making choices for you. It has to do with omniscience and freewill.
For any future act you will perform, if some being infallibly believed in the past that the act would occur, there is nothing you can do now about the fact that he believed what he believed since nobody has any control over past events; nor can you make him mistaken in his belief, given that he is infallible. Therefore, there is nothing you can do now about the fact that he believed in a way that cannot be mistaken that you would do what you will do. But if so, you cannot do otherwise than what he believed you would do. And if you cannot do otherwise, you will not perform the act freely.
Yes, but you CAN do otherwise....

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149847
Jan 24, 2013
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Was it my free will to be born?
Was it my free will to be born in the 1960's?
Was it my free will to be born in Pittsburgh, PA?
Was it my free will to be born into the family that I was?
As a child, was it my free will to attend the church that I did?
As a child, was it my free will to attend the schools that I did?
Was it my free will to have the teachers that I had?
All these things greatly influenced my decisions; yet according to believers, your god arranged all that for me. That is not free will, that is programming.
According to believers, God arranged that? What believers are saying that?

Of course you didn't have free will to be born - your parents had free will to make you & birth you & care for you.

How about you think up some examples outside of your childhood were the choices made for you were chosen by you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149848
Jan 24, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
If you look at the BBC skit in my post above, it actually explains how Judas had little or no free will.
<quoted text>
I did watch it and it was right on the money.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149849
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Mark by the way, but if you have some deep inner need to call me Derek, than knock yourself out...
:-)
Mark, I turned in this individual to Topix yesterday.

I would love “Givemeliberty” to stay but he/she will have to refrain from being abusive. I would encourage you to do the same if this individual becomes abusive.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149850
Jan 24, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do.
Hell is a myth.
I don't fear myths.
You do.
You can repeat it a thousand times, Aero, but that doesn't make it true.

I don't fear hell.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149851
Jan 24, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are insinuating a women taken in captivity and married is a sex slave. I respectfully disagree.“Without any consent” is your words and those words are not in the bible in reference to this subject. A assumption on your part and not factual.
The only way a marriage will work is if both parties willingly agree. And both parties are lovingly bonded.
Genesis 24:48-51, 58-67
Here we find of an example where the wife to be is asked.
So they called Rebekah and asked her,
“Do you wish to go with this man?”
She answered,“I do.”
Here is an example where the woman was asked about marriage.
Genesis 2
“The Lord God said:“It is not good for the man to be alone.”
“I will make a suitable partner for him.”
“That is why a man leaves his father and mother
and clings to his wife, and the two of them become one body.”
Here we have a reference to a partner and a partnership.
Proverbs 31 gives details as to what a wife means.
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Good response, but they won't be interested, their anti-God goggles preclude a rational consideration of the texts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149852
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called rationality I believe.:-)
lol :-)
:-)

The typical Topix atheist will challenge you to define rationality. Then they will argue about the definition given in the dictionary, stating flatly they are free to define it for themselves as they see fit. Like the term atheism.

They do that a lot. It helps in their logic development process.

To them such is rational.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,961 - 143,980 of217,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••