Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,197)

Showing posts 143,921 - 143,940 of217,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Do you have anything other than lame dodges?
<quoted text>
Do you have anything other than lame assertions and intentional misrepresentations of the bible?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

If she is not a virgin the men in town are to stone her death. If she is raped the rapist is to pay her daddy 50 shackles and marry her because she is damaged goods.

Your god commanded his people to take slaves, rape children and put infants to the sword.

What a monster you worship!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacksheep #149223 {The bible god stated that girls who lost their virginity before marriage were to be stone or burned to death. Most of the world does not believe that is proper or moral anymore.
Now since the bible god said to do it and most of us ignore him, that should tell you something about the bible god!}
The scripture you referenced doesnít say that any woman who is not a virgin should be stoned. You only took a small portion of the scripture that does not tell the entire story. This scripture you referenced is about a dispute resolution as a result of a married man making the claim his wife was not a virgin when he married her. Such accusations are a result of two people who are obviously not getting along. Or the possibility he married the town whore and no longer loves her.(Deuteronomy 22)
Where there was proven a false accusation against a woman the man is whipped and fined.
In cases of rape the woman was spared and the man is stoned.
In cases of fornication. The man must marry the woman and canít divorce her.
It has been my pleasure to shoot down in flames your misinterpretations.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

No a rattlesnake is by far morally superior to your god. Never has a rattlesnake forced trillions to suffer and die because a woman ate a magical apple.

What a monster you worship.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rattlesnake diplomacy at its best.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your post spontaneous or did you cause it to be posted on the internet?
What caused your god into existence?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ah yes Adam and Eve. Your god decided to allow the suffering an deaths of trillions of people due to Eve's dietary choices. Lol! She ate a magical apple because she was tricked by a talking snake and god decides everyone has to suffer because of that!
What a psychopath your god is.
<quoted text>
Notice the definition doesnot include God.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/psychopath
psy∑cho∑path n.

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Let's see if the Hovind rip off or even you will finally answer my question. I am willing to bet he dodges it and runs away from it much like you do.

Your god ordered his people to take slaves, rape women and put every infant to the sword. Is this moral?

Lame dodge in 3...2...1...
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything other than lame assertions and intentional misrepresentations of the bible?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hmmm am I the only one who has noticed that a certain copy and paste troll who always flooded the thread with spam has vanished ever since the Hovind fan club president timber has arrived?
If you want to save yourself the time of reading his posts all you have to do is click.
http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
This is where he stole it from, word for word.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Let's see if the Hovind rip off or even you will finally answer my question. I am willing to bet he dodges it and runs away from it much like you do.
Your god ordered his people to take slaves, rape women and put every infant to the sword. Is this moral?
Lame dodge in 3...2...1...
<quoted text>
If you are talking about abortion, I think it's immoral in most cases especially as birth control.

Rape was against the law and still is.

Slaves were permitted this is true but not by kidnapping.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/psychopath
psy∑cho∑path n.

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
I am troubled by the quality of maturity, rationality, and intellect that has recently gathered on this forum. People such as mtimber and EmpAtheist, among others.
The quality is too high. It's unnatural for this forum.
Something must be happening.
Gee, dude.

For me, the scrollin' is easy.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Your god ordered infants sucking at their mother's teat to be out to the sword.

Your god ordered his people rape and capture women of places they went to war with. Raping a non believer was fine with your god. Raping a believer cost you 50 sheckles.

Your god proudly advocated slavery even Jesus and Paul in the NT advocates slavery even commanding a run away to return to his Christian master.

Are these factual occurrences in the bible moral or immoral?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are talking about abortion, I think it's immoral in most cases especially as birth control.
Rape was against the law and still is.
Slaves were permitted this is true but not by kidnapping.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god ordered his people rape and capture women of places they went to war with. Raping a non believer was fine with your god. Raping a believer cost you 50 sheckles.
Your god proudly advocated slavery even Jesus and Paul in the NT advocates slavery even commanding a run away to return to his Christian master.
<quoted text>
I am sure the Creator will feel properly chastised by your moralizing if and when you meet.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape was illegal and yes itís immoral. Punishable by death in the bible. God never ordered anyone to be raped, ever. Name one person that God ordered to be raped.

Herod the Great ordered the killing of children a fact that eludes you which makes me think if it is ordered by man then you think itís moral. If it is ordered by God you think itís immoral.

Pharaoh ordered the killing of children. You never mentioned that.

The United States killed children by dropping the A-bomb. You never mentioned that.

The ATF and FBI killed children in Waco. You never said anything about that.

Timothy McVeigh killed children in Oklahoma City, no mention of that.

Then the Newtown incident, no word from you on that issue.

I think the killing of children is immoral regardless who or when. If God ordered me in war to do so I would try to plead to spare them. It has been proven that a righteous man can plead before God and negotiate with him.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Was it my free will to be born?

Was it my free will to be born in the 1960's?

Was it my free will to be born in Pittsburgh, PA?

Was it my free will to be born into the family that I was?

As a child, was it my free will to attend the church that I did?

As a child, was it my free will to attend the schools that I did?

Was it my free will to have the teachers that I had?

All these things greatly influenced my decisions; yet according to believers, your god arranged all that for me. That is not free will, that is programming.

Nope that was your parents free will

Nope, in this country you're not given that kind of free will until you reach the age of 18.(You didn't this?)

Nope that was your schools district free will to hire who they wanted.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Ah another Christian liar! Before when I mocked your name you berated me saying it was a Russian word and you know it. Now you when proven wrong resort to lying.

As expected typical Christhole.

Well so back to my original comment your screen name is stolen from a stupid made for TV movie! How lame! Stop scampering.

Once again I have factually crushed you half wit.
Why that's just too funny! You wasted all this time and effort over one little remark I made. I never claimed it was a Russian word, I said you don't know what it means in Russian. I did not say I knew what it meant. LOL

I played a little word game that atheist play all the time. LOL

Keep digging! Someday you'll wake up.

LOL

What a dolt.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, in this country you're not given that kind of free will until you reach the age of 18.(You didn't this?)
Nope that was your schools district free will to hire who they wanted.
So why does the free will of a child rapist/murderer always take precedence over the free will of the innocent child that gets killed? Is the essence of your religion injustice?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the Creator will feel properly chastised by your moralizing if and when you meet.
I've invited him over but he never shows.....

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I've invited him over but he never shows.....
Try opening the door.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try opening the door.
Did that.

A couple of Jehovah's witnesses walked it.

God? Not a trace.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Science, by its own methodology cannot disprove God. The use of instruments and science's preoccupation with them as tools to study the nature of reality teaches only one important lesson: These instruments are useful only in measuring the level of reality in which they themselves exist. Period.

In studying the deeper realities within and behind the universe, these instruments are not only useless but misleading. So-called objective science gives you a model that enables travel to the moon and technological conveniences, but it will eventually run into its own "objective" brick wall because it must by the nature of its methodology constantly ignore what it cannot measure and test. To get at the blueprints of reality, to get behind the camouflage universe, the physical illusion, science must divest itself of its exclusive focus on the physical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,921 - 143,940 of217,765
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••