Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#149377 Jan 22, 2013
Try that again without errors.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still doing it.
You are appealing to an absolute standard of morality, whilst denying one exists.
If there is not an absolute standard, they you cannot argue that "anything" is immoral...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#149378 Jan 22, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. You said that you learned it or agree with your saints and that they had it all right. Since I don't follow your saints or your mummy, I must be wrong to some degree.
u do follow what the saints say, u cute muppet!

Don't u think slavery is wrong? Of course u do!

Don't u think we should try to be good people and help each other? Of course u do!!!

If u didn't, u wouldn't be here fighting with the christians for believing in an evil God!

You r an annoying sheepy boy, but from what u say, u sound like a good human-being!

I told u, we r not the chosen people of God!! Good people can belong to any religion or no religion, they can even believe in unicorns!! But people who TRY to be good humans are the people of 'GOD'!

If everyone in the world loved each other, do u think any religion would have been created? NO, it wouldn't have!! Coz everyone would be a saint!!

Location hidden

#149379 Jan 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'd like to thank the academy for recognizing my brilliance. I know it must have been difficult for people of your mental stature. Truly, I'm a little surprised you spelled my name right. Kudos.
I must also thank my mother and father, mom, dad, please, stand up...
A round of applause for my folks please! They're great. Raising them since I was five years old was tough, but I think the results speak for themselves. My mom just graduated from Harvard! Dad's going for his doctorate...good luck dad! I'm so proud.
Um, I'd like to thank Albert Einstein for giving me some great ideas for things to correct or improve upon. I'd be lost without his fumbling life's work. Figuring out how to propel an object beyond the speed of light really made my Tuesday.
I'd also like to thank myself. Thanks me! I'm so smart. I couldn't have done it without me. Well, that's it.
Thanks for the award...but guys, try to look for someone else next year. My shelves are totally full of these things!"
ROFL!!

No, I want more!!!! I'll make room, don't u worry!

@Buck....i'd rather have my eyes closed!

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#149380 Jan 22, 2013
Clementia wrote:
ROFL!!
No, I want more!!!! I'll make room, don't u worry!
@Buck....i'd rather have my eyes closed!
I can build you another shelf, no problem.

If you don't want to catch a plane, why not a boat?

You can come over on a tug boat, or a canoe, or a kayak, or a steamer, or a barge, or a raft, or a yacht, or a cruise ship...

What about it? I can build you a raft!

I'd have to send it over to you though.

Maybe I'll just build the raft, and bring the award to you myself. No, I'm not a strong swimmer. I might get eaten up by a shark.

Hmmmmm...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149381 Jan 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Topix atheists such as that are kinda numb. Wouldn't know if they got toasted or not.

These Topix atheists have the minds of children. Lots of wishful thinking without maturity and a grasp of the reality they live in. Just resentment because things ain't the way they think it should be. They need to get out of their cocoons more often.

How's it going, Buck? Hope everything is going well.
That was one of your best projections yet, Dave.

Still got all your fingers?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#149382 Jan 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of your best projections yet, Dave.
Still got all your fingers?
Mostly.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149383 Jan 22, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>That is true, my brain has been washed of secular nonsense and illogical worldviews that serve no purpose other than to justify rebellion against the Creator.

So yes, there is nothing you can do for me.

Unless of course you could show empirically that arockdidit.
What creator?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#149384 Jan 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Racist against the dead? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a! Schizo you are something else! And generally we bury the dead in the ground so what is your problem? Was your so called burned to death sister cremated and not buried? If she was cremated I am sorry but in that case after death she would just be ashes in an urn.
<quoted text>
My beloved Queen Puggy is ashes now, in a beautiful urn with her puppy photo on the front ~ she was 13 when she died in my arms as we both lay cuddled up together, knowing these were her last hours. I still cuddle up where I said my last words to my Queen.
No, my sister (Gillian, a beautiful 2 year old girl, golden hair and blue eyes, so you might get a picture of her) was burned to death by boys playing with matches. She lays buried in the ground and it was her death and grave that you were so cruelly laughing about. No need to apologise about a cremation, and of course I felt you defiled her ~ there is no way she can defend herself against your cruel words and laughter, and just because you think her Soul does not exist, does not simply wipe it away.

#149385 Jan 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly my point, science is not faith.
Because it relies on logical deductive reasoning , material evidence, empirical evidence , and observation.
I'll just repost what you were replying to; somehow you have overlooked the meaning of Faith according to the dictionary.

"***faith - definition of faith by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. 2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence**** "

Confident belief in an idea or a thing...... Faith in Science v Faith in GOD!!

#149386 Jan 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Let us know if you ever have something to say ok retard?
That's a good half wit go pray to your retarded god.
<quoted text>
Got something to say? Amazing intelligent posting, thank you so much for the information you have passed on, I am going off to analyse this new information and digest it as I should. What is your problem exactly? Might be better bringing it out in the open, so we know why you hate Christians (Or others who have Faith in GOD to a degree) or do you just hate life? And blame us?

#149387 Jan 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I rail against Christianity, not necessarily Christians. Christianity has a doctrine and a history deserving of harsh ridicule and condemnation.
Look at what Christianity did to you. You aren't able to learn anything that contradicts your programming. I learn new things everyday, and change my mind often in response to better information coming in. My morality and ethics continue to improve as I learn more about the world and humanity. Your worldview was born thousands of years ago out of ignorant tribalism.
There is nothing in the Bible or in the behavior of Christians that suggests a link to a deity. It's a religion. People in religions believe their religions. There are many religions. If all those people believe just like you do, what sets you apart? Do you believe they are being deceived or deluded? Could that not happen to you? Are you immune to being deceived?
Why do you think Christians don't learn anything else? You accuse us of being lazy in our research, and your own research is deplorable on Christians and how they further their studied!?

There is much in the Bible that links us to our Deity, as you call HIM, and much only those who comprehend the true values of these words will understand them. It is not a Novel, where a story line runs straight through the middle and it all makes perfect sense.

Think about some stuff; GOD told us HE grieves at our evil thoughts, intents and actions, and obviously HE tried to stamp it out. There are some issues here of course, because it is very plain that evil is rampant, on Earth today.

However, thinking about things, one can see that slowly but surely things are happening; more and more people are being incarcerated for more than 1 lifetime, so no hope of getting out, and the evil are herding themselves together. Some are so keen to be segregated, they have killer gang numbers tabooed all over themselves.

We have capital punishment in the world today; trying to rid the world of evil, and our history is deplorable. Blame GOD for the killings of your worst criminals today without a blink of the eye or thank your Government?

Many laugh and have laughed at the Muslims killing themselves off; how long can an army last if their recruits kill themselves? But these are only those that call themselves Muslims but are not Muslims, according to the Muslims, and all they want to do is live in Peace. With Christians and Jews. And vice versa......

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149388 Jan 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just repost what you were replying to; somehow you have overlooked the meaning of Faith according to the dictionary.
"***faith - definition of faith by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. 2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence**** "
Confident belief in an idea or a thing...... Faith in Science v Faith in GOD!!

There is no blind faith to be found in science. That's just your dismal effort to keep belief alive with no evidence.
But your faith does not require evidence. Science in fact does
(end of faith).
Pat

Granby, CT

#149389 Jan 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think Christians don't learn anything else? You accuse us of being lazy in our research, and your own research is deplorable on Christians and how they further their studied!?
There is much in the Bible that links us to our Deity, as you call HIM, and much only those who comprehend the true values of these words will understand them. It is not a Novel, where a story line runs straight through the middle and it all makes perfect sense.
Think about some stuff; GOD told us HE grieves at our evil thoughts, intents and actions, and obviously HE tried to stamp it out. There are some issues here of course, because it is very plain that evil is rampant, on Earth today.
However, thinking about things, one can see that slowly but surely things are happening; more and more people are being incarcerated for more than 1 lifetime, so no hope of getting out, and the evil are herding themselves together. Some are so keen to be segregated, they have killer gang numbers tabooed all over themselves.
We have capital punishment in the world today; trying to rid the world of evil, and our history is deplorable. Blame GOD for the killings of your worst criminals today without a blink of the eye or thank your Government?
Many laugh and have laughed at the Muslims killing themselves off; how long can an army last if their recruits kill themselves? But these are only those that call themselves Muslims but are not Muslims, according to the Muslims, and all they want to do is live in Peace. With Christians and Jews. And vice versa......
Big ego small brain syndrome. Very common amongst godbots.

Location hidden

#149390 Jan 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no blind faith to be found in science. That's just your dismal effort to keep belief alive with no evidence.
But your faith does not require evidence. Science in fact does
(end of faith).
That was an incredibly silly statement for a mature and educated individual to make, Orally.

Did you not read that link I posted about the gravitational constant constantly changing? That is the basic building block for modern cosmology. All of your guesses are based upon it. How much is one percent of the universe, Orally? Quite a bit.

Your cosmology and physics is based upon math being inerrant. One problem with that is what you use as a yardstick, in addition to applying it correctly to the measured object.

Another biggie is the impossibility of measuring as you approach infinity.

Let's take volume for instance. How are you going to graph it to measure it? Forget not that the units you create with it do have to add up.

Back to centerpoints. Theoretical markers of no dimension. What kind of grid will you use to graph the volume of this universe? You have two basic choices, square or isometric. Square don't work. Iso has a problem due to the radial nature of a centerpoint. You have gaps between adjacent centerpoints. You run into problems when you calculate totals adding up units. Lines of demarcation and the sort. Those are theoretical lines. "Particles" have definite measurements, but the addition of them introduce space issues, and thus total volume.

The modern math system is too flawed to base your cosmology and universal perspectives on. You are confused about what science is and what it is supposed to be.

A one nanometer error can turn into one huge distance differential between calculation and reality.

Or something like that.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#149391 Jan 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The modern math system is too flawed to base your cosmology and universal perspectives on. You are confused about what science is and what it is supposed to be.
Clearly,*someone* here is confused. I'd say it is the one who thinks that the math is flawed.

Location hidden

#149392 Jan 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can build you another shelf, no problem.
If you don't want to catch a plane, why not a boat?
You can come over on a tug boat, or a canoe, or a kayak, or a steamer, or a barge, or a raft, or a yacht, or a cruise ship...
What about it? I can build you a raft!
I'd have to send it over to you though.
Maybe I'll just build the raft, and bring the award to you myself. No, I'm not a strong swimmer. I might get eaten up by a shark.
Hmmmmm...
Oh God give me strength!! Men and DIY, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Look, i'll meet u half way. There got to be some nice island in the middle of the ocean!

Just take good care of my award, i don't want shark bites all over it!

Location hidden

#149393 Jan 22, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly,*someone* here is confused. I'd say it is the one who thinks that the math is flawed.
More on the line the application of it.

Tell me, does a proton have a definite "edge" to it? Is it like a ball bearing? Or is it graduated "fields" of some sort? Which of course occupy space.

Just how hard are these things you think you observe?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#149394 Jan 22, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Oh God give me strength!! Men and DIY, NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Look, i'll meet u half way. There got to be some nice island in the middle of the ocean!
Just take good care of my award, i don't want shark bites all over it!
I'm gonna get to work right away on a houseboat to sail to England!

I think it needs an indoor pool.

What do you think?

Location hidden

#149395 Jan 22, 2013
There is a HUGE^6 difference between the applied sciences and mathematics and those of the theoretical sciences. So many of these Topxi atheists don't understand that. The applied sciences work with real things. The math is made to fit the reality. It is the opposite in theoretical science.

These theoretical scientists these Topix atheist idiots bow down to ride the accomplishments of applied science, giving the illusion they aren't a bunch of wackos floating out there in space, ungrounded to reality. They are snake oil salesmen. There is funding to be gotten.

They are gamesters, not the real deal.

Or something like that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#149396 Jan 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More on the line the application of it.
Tell me, does a proton have a definite "edge" to it? Is it like a ball bearing? Or is it graduated "fields" of some sort? Which of course occupy space.
Just how hard are these things you think you observe?
If My knives had the edge of protons, a sharpness would divide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 5 min thetruth 177
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min _Bad Company 23,271
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 min thetruth 213
God' existence 16 min thetruth 96
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 31 min thetruth 5,954
Evidence for God! 37 min thetruth 375
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 41 min thetruth 25
More from around the web