Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
143,201 - 143,220 of 225,555 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Serah

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree.
Here a post from another thread that I so do enjoy.
"Atheist sure have a hard time keeping your beliefs straight.
Yet alone just the definition of the word atheist.
Merriam - Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
"who believes". That's a positive assertion. Seeing as there is no proof of your belief It's FAITH.
Faith:
"Synonyms: devotion, piety, religion"
Ah yes Atheism is a Religion.
Have a nice day and don't forget to go to church.
Posted else where by derek4
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...
“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]"
Ahhh ~ straight from the Atheists mouth!!

Thanks for sharing :)
Serah

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah liberty is a nut case pay him no heed.
Sad to say I think you might be right.....:(

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know god isn't Satan? Have you got a picture of them together? They might be the same thing."
"one and the same. "
Ok so now you have cemented yourself as completely ignorant of the Christian faith.
"Trust me"
Not in a million years.
Good day.
At this point, an observer is left in confusion.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Prove it!
<quoted text>
Dudeism is more real because there isn't a "god" requirement. So, there.:P

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

So Lance did something bad.... He must be an atheist!:sigh: Get a clue retard! The closest he has ever come to that is saying he had a distrust of organized religion because of corruption. He has never claimed to be a non believer in god though and has even went in cancer hope tours with various church people and held hands wiping tears and sharing/ leading in prayer with cancer victims.

Get a grip retard! It's rather childish that you want to dun anyone who has done something bad an atheist.
Eagle12 wrote:
{Lance Edward Armstrong (born 18 September 1971) is an American professional road racing cyclist, who won the Tour de France a record-breaking seven consecutive years, from 1999 to 2005,
I think Lance could have a great future ahead of him but its not in sports but in Jesus Christ's @sshole.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Isn't satan the evil god in the bible? I guess you have never read the bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there's a problem with that.
America is one nation under God, not Satan....

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Or you could get back on your medication eh schizo?
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe TMail him if you need to get so personal with your accusations and racist attacks!! What did you say to Liberal about him getting on his high horse about the postings between you and Redneck?? I'll just carry on reading and see what I find, hey?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Take your pills schizo and after that and 28 more stays in the looney bin like you stayed before then maybe you will see how stupid it is to worship a retarded zombie Jew with no historical evidence like Jesus.

Those voices in your head are not angels ok? Now get your crazy on!
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you are so rude you don't even comprehend your own rudeness, and sorry you do not see the cruelty in your words. Oh, I can go back and find those postings, have no fear, too bad you don't know enough regret to understand you should feel remorse for writing them!!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

What's to know about your retarded religion? You have stupid people praying to a zombie Jew who acted like a retard at the temple and got himself all crucified. Then like damn near all the Hellenistic gods, born of a virgin, child prodigy, performing miracles etc etc he rose from the dead performed some last miracles are ascended into heaven. Well according to myth anyways it happened that way. No wonder Jesus is a retarded god!

Perseus and Hercules from 500 years earlier did it better though and we actually have much more historical proof for Hercules than Jesus.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know god isn't Satan? Have you got a picture of them together? They might be the same thing."
"one and the same. "
Ok so now you have cemented yourself as completely ignorant of the Christian faith.
Good day.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

According to the bible myth your retarded god is the creator of all and everything so he just have created satan and hell right?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh....
southerncross

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
In our brief lifespan, we are free to make our own purpose. Most people throw that choice away by hoping for something eternal. For my way of thinking, it is silly to find a higher purpose in floating around "somewhere up there" with nothing to do for ever and ever, veging out or singing songs or just sitting there playing with their spirit navel.
Life is here now. It is often a struggle, and sometimes downright delicious. That is a grand enough purpose for me.
Life is a beetch and then you die...all your struggle of no consequence. why bother? You may as will spend your life as a couch potato for all living is worth by your estimation.
southerncross

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
According to the bible myth your retarded god is the creator of all and everything so he just have created satan and hell right?
<quoted text>
That's right. Satan is God's personal varmint exterminator and you're on his most wanted hit list.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The information is available on the net about the historic burial grounds in Israel and surrounding area. There are several and some graves contain many family members.
You have no concept of scale.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

southerncross wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Satan is God's personal varmint exterminator and you're on his most wanted hit list.
So then your god created pure evil.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume there'd be any remains left to find? Bones decompose, too. After several thousand years, they'd be indiscernible from the dirt.
It's a desert.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Yahweh/Jesus is scared of iron chariots and is so retarded he thinks you can build a tower going into his living room.

If you are going to threaten me with a deity could you at least chose a semi-intelligent one?
southerncross wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

But the IPU is the only true invisible pink unicorn, which is better. So I win.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Dudeism is more real because there isn't a "god" requirement. So, there.:P

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thinking wrote:
But the IPU is the only true invisible pink unicorn, which is better. So I win.
<quoted text>
You just like IPU because it lives in Uranus.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vainthat this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom"
--Abraham Lincoln, 19NOV1863
In 1951, the Knights of Columbus, the world's largest Catholic fraternal service organization, began including the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. In 1952 they adopted a resolution urging that the change be made universal and copies of this resolution were sent to the President, the Vice President and the Speaker of the House.

The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance June 14, 1954, by a Joint Resolution of Congress.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Whereas you suffer with arseteroids.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You just like IPU because it lives in Uranus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 11 min Lawrence Wolf 99
If Christianity were true... 14 min Patrick 123
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 45 min Pahu 882
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 3 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 3 hr religionisillness 78
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr Patrick 286
•••
•••