Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#148769 Jan 17, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Your flying spaghetti monster cannot account for absolute moral standards...
Which exist, obviously, as everyone uses them.
So he fails very quickly.
So yes, a very poor analogy.
Dawkins is not a good person to rely on for a sound philosophical argument...
Absolute moral standards ... you mean like killing witches?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148771 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely quoted a dictionary. I defined nothing nor did I change what other people said.
Why do you have these issues?
Do you hate your mother?
You change what I said , but more importantly the definition you cite was written by a believer such as yourself.
Hence you agree with it, you will find only those who "believe"
will think not having a belief is a belief.
Therefore you are redefining what atheists themselves say about it when you cite that definition.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#148772 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well again here is Marriam-Webster definition of atheist.
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
This states a positive assertion of Believe. Not to be confused with Agnostic.
ag·nos·tic\ag-ˈnäs-tik,əg -\
noun
1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2 : a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>
Let me try to clear this up for you. Your entire position hinges on the word, "belief". But what you refuse to take into account in the difference between christian belief and logical belief.

christian belief is blind faith. It is not based on facts.

Logical belief is based on fact, repeatable experiment, and so on.

A christian (or any other deity believer) is required to believe despite any evidence or the lack there of.

For a logical person (logical about gods) requires some proof and there just is none for any god. We know the history of your beliefs, we know the history of the Earth, we know the science behind evolution, and so on. Whilst we don't know every detail, by far, we have evidence,(evidence that anyone can verify), which leads us to our current beliefs.

I know this will not help you, but...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#148773 Jan 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You change what I said , but more importantly the definition you cite was written by a believer such as yourself.
Hence you agree with it, you will find only those who "believe"
will think not having a belief is a belief.
Therefore you are redefining what atheists themselves say about it when you cite that definition.
Oh don't be silly. The definition I quoted came out of the Merriam-Webster App on my iPad. Down load it and look it up for yourself.

Redefining atheist? Don't make me laugh. I am doing nothing but quoting already publish articles or definitions for existing dictionary's. did I down load the free Merriam-Webster app because I knew its definitions of your cult would piss you off? Nope just downloaded it because I needed a dictionary.

You are a very paranoid little person.
Are you having a tough childhood?
Why do you hate your mother?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#148774 Jan 17, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Let me try to clear this up for you. Your entire position hinges on the word, "belief". But what you refuse to take into account in the difference between christian belief and logical belief.

christian belief is blind faith. It is not based on facts.

Logical belief is based on fact, repeatable experiment, and so on.

A christian (or any other deity believer) is required to believe despite any evidence or the lack there of.

For a logical person (logical about gods) requires some proof and there just is none for any god. We know the history of your beliefs, we know the history of the Earth, we know the science behind evolution, and so on. Whilst we don't know every detail, by far, we have evidence,(evidence that anyone can verify), which leads us to our current beliefs.

I know this will not help you, but...
Nice try anyways.

You gave it the old collage try. Nice job old chap.

be·lieve\bə-ˈlēv\
intransitive verb
1 a : to have a firm religious faith
b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun

Oh and I too have very convincing evidence of my believe.
I too know earths history and how it was created.
I also know when and how the universe was created.
I too know when man first walked on the earth.

And I also know how it all ends.

Not that this information would help you out either.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#148775 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't be silly. The definition I quoted came out of the Merriam-Webster App on my iPad. Down load it and look it up for yourself.
Redefining atheist? Don't make me laugh. I am doing nothing but quoting already publish articles or definitions for existing dictionary's. did I down load the free Merriam-Webster app because I knew its definitions of your cult would piss you off? Nope just downloaded it because I needed a dictionary.
Here's what you did :

Christians = deluded deluding

: to mislead the mind or judgment of
1: to mislead the mind or judgment of : deceive, trick
2obsolete a : frustrate, disappoint b : evade, elude
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/del...

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#148776 Jan 17, 2013
Like in Mein Kampf where he goes on and on about his religious faith and how important god is? Or his actions of killing the Jews as revenge for them killing Jesus? He called them Christ killers and he was going to make them pay for what they did to his messiah and god Jesus. Again where did he claim he was an atheist or even claim to no longer believe in god?

Hurry up retard! Wake up retard! Hey wake up riverside retard and eat your retarded breakfast before someone flushes!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see if I can make this clear fit a troll like you.
I didn't say that hitler SAID he was an atheist, I said that hitler BECAME an atheist.
His words & actions support that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148777 Jan 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what I wrote would fly right over your head, and that you would continue your mindless rant.

Produce a deity not a rumor of one and we will be inclined to "believe". Until then we simply "do not believe".
Nor do we believe you can possibly believe any different, being the brainwashed idiot you are.

Chicago, IL

#148778 Jan 17, 2013
The riverside retard is upset we don't believe in his retarded god. And trust me nothing has retarded the human race like god and religion.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He has barely enough intelligence to pull a trigger.
Fortunately for him, it's hard to reach when the gun's pointed the wrong way.

Chicago, IL

#148779 Jan 17, 2013
.... Uh .... Hey do you have any idea how retarded this question made you look? No seriously..... Just when you though riverside retard couldn't get any dumber....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So....
You're saying I'm wrong that my words show I'm an atheist?

Chicago, IL

#148780 Jan 17, 2013
Are you upset that atheists don't believe in your retarded god? Sorry about that retard! We're just smarter than you.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try anyways.
You gave it the old collage try. Nice job old chap.
be·lieve\bə-ˈlēv\
intransitive verb
1 a : to have a firm religious faith
b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
Oh and I too have very convincing evidence of my believe.
I too know earths history and how it was created.
I also know when and how the universe was created.
I too know when man first walked on the earth.
And I also know how it all ends.
Not that this information would help you out either.

Chicago, IL

#148782 Jan 17, 2013
I have a better idea retard! How about you demonstrate for us how your godhead that you claim to be a part of as co creator of the universe is anything more than a delusion?

Any chance of you pulling that off simpleton?
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
By contrast, in laboratories, man has great opportunites to obtain preprogrammed answers, based on what he thinks he already knows. His faculties keenly focused on physical reality can hardly produce anything else. An atheist would never call an atom, alive, let alone conscious. Yet a collection of certain atoms assembled into a human form calls itself alive.
In many ways, atheists are befuddled creatures... forever prowling around the confines of their limited perceptions looking for an identity with meaning that science cannot provide. They've drawn a magic circle around their beliefs so that everything not in agreement seems dark and alien and unselflike. Instead they look backward at their rudimentary physical origins taking it for granted that evolution is over and they have arrived, kings of the mountain wondering, "Is this all there is?" We are here now for no particular reason, and when we're dead we're dead? They are afraid of those brilliant psychic fires that light up their inner landscape leading to the answers they seek. Afraid that path might lead to God.

Chicago, IL

#148783 Jan 17, 2013
Clem lady can you show me where he made this racist joke perhaps page and post number so it can be properly reported?

Thanks so much :)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was the racist black joke u made, which wasn't funny at all!! U r a redneck if u wanna take the piss outta yourself go for it, but don't be horrible to others.
U call yourself a christian but yet u "don't put much thought into people's feelings"? O for crying out loud, Jesus died for the sins of people, he cared so much that he gave his life and u don't even care about feelings?
u r ignorant of God's righteousness!!
All people belong to him, i'm not going to defend 1 religious group over another.
I don't want to ever see the world through your eyes, my God never let me see that day!!
And i'm not pissed or angry, i'm being honest!!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148784 Jan 18, 2013
Racist. ;)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys gotta stop saying, we don't BELIEVE in God or gods/ atheism is a disBELIEF in.....
We gotta think of a definition for atheism that doesn't have the words, believe, disbelief, non-belief etc....in it!!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148785 Jan 18, 2013
christ you're thick.

I said I can swear and be right at the same time.

No one should have the right not to be offended.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You think being offensive makes you right?
So the person who swears the most is by default the most intelligent?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148786 Jan 18, 2013
I love the IPU (mhhnbs)
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't rely on Dawkins. The FSM is the alpha and Omega for infinity.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#148787 Jan 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I love the IPU (mhhnbs)
<quoted text>
Dudeism is easier.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148788 Jan 18, 2013
But it's not real!
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Dudeism is easier.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#148789 Jan 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
But it's not real!
<quoted text>
IPU is not real! Heathen!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#148790 Jan 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And Hitler turned his back on his faith and his religion and because an atheist. Just as many of you have done.
Nope, not according to him, not according to those close to him, not according to the catholic church

What he did he did with the teaching, benefit and approval of his faith and church just as so many other despotic dictators have done and are doing.

If course we have been here before and I have shown you reams and reams of contemporary documentation to validate the fact that Hitler was and remained true to his faith.

However there are some godbots such as yourself for attempt to distance yourselves from his church approved christian actions by lying. Such a good christian trait and you don't even see the hypocrisy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 31 min Richardfs 691
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Jaimie 151
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Igor Trip 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 6 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 9 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 11 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 11 hr Richardfs 5,584

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE