Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#148484 Jan 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Time exposures and film sensitivity. You would not get a picture like that there with a Kodak Instamatic.
That is dim light out that far. You could bump into Neptune and Uranus because you could barely see them.
The gases catch the light energy and create a sort of fluorescent light. You don't have that intense direct light we have here. The sun is just a big star that far out.
The difference between being under fluorescent grow lights and an infrared bulb.
Saturn and Jupiter are planetary nurseries.
If I take up a collection and get enough from it, would you buy a clue?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148485 Jan 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://ww2.valdosta.edu/~cbarn bau/astro_demos/distance/dist_ from_sun.html
Check how long it takes for sunlight to hit the various planets and portions of the universe. Don't forget to figure in the inverse square law and it's loss of strength.
It takes 8 minutes to reach Earth, 45 for Jupiter, and 75 for Saturn.
So Saturn is 75 light MINUTES away as compared to the nearest star, which is 4 light YEARS away.

It's warm enough, even at the distance of Pluto, to sublimate frozen solids.

My offer stands on that clue thing.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#148486 Jan 16, 2013
Ah the coward's way out. It's a shame you Christians are so weak and pathetic. Truly you fear our questions as evidence by your cowering from them.

You'll never be 1/64th the man I am pussyassbitch.

Know your role and get back to your door greeter job at Walmart. Why even try to debate us when it's obvious you never had a chance as evident by your inability to answer questions and ultra low IQ thinking Catholics don't believe in Jesus.

What a retard! A riverside retard!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
I ain't gonna bother explaining it all to you, your mind is made up.
Pat

Granby, CT

#148487 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Still waiting for the quote where Hitler calls himself an atheist.
Any luck finding that retard?
<quoted text>
Hitler was your average dishonest christian.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#148488 Jan 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So Saturn is 75 light MINUTES away as compared to the nearest star, which is 4 light YEARS away.
It's warm enough, even at the distance of Pluto, to sublimate frozen solids.
My offer stands on that clue thing.
That sublimation would be caused by the light energy hitting the molecules as I have stated, not because of the "warmth". That energy transfer is what creates that "warmth".
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

#148489 Jan 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most interesting books I read was Power without Glory, about Australia in the early 1900's, SP Bookies and illegal gambling, shonky politics and the Catholic Church.
***Catholic Church Admits They Made the Change > Sabbath Truth
www.sabbathtruth.com/.../catholic-church-admi... ...
Was the Sabbath changed from the seventh day of the week to the first?... Separation of Church and State ... Catholic Church Admits They Made the Change ... The Israelites received two laws from Moses: the law of Moses, that of ...“My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips”(Psalm 89:34)***
Who knows really what was altered but 'reading between the lines' and using your 'gut instinct' and applying what you are reading to that which it needs to be applied to, most of us are quite content getting the answers we receive.
I noticed that you did not address my concerns, you skipped off and started preaching.

Do you find it difficult to stay on track?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148490 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ah the coward's way out. It's a shame you Christians are so weak and pathetic. Truly you fear our questions as evidence by your cowering from them.
Know your role and get back to your door greeter job at Walmart. Why even try to debate us when it's obvious you never had a chance as evident by your inability to answer questions and ultra low IQ thinking Catholics don't believe in Jesus.
<quoted text>
lol...

The tough guy in a chat room speaks...

You're a sad little man to want to talk shit online.
Not a Gay Crouch Sniffer

Honolulu, HI

#148491 Jan 16, 2013
Gay Crouch Sniffer wrote:
<quoted text>17Jan13.....
.....Speaking about 'give away', you 'mada' are so filled with hate and envy and jealousy towards Gay Crouch Sniffer that you are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
As your buddy 'dimKing'(thinking) would say....pissOFF ya sisterPhucker.
Ps:....you remain consistant though. You remain a real schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
A Gay Crouch Sniffer
Now you are out of the closet, what is next for you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148492 Jan 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That sublimation would be caused by the light energy hitting the molecules as I have stated, not because of the "warmth". That energy transfer is what creates that "warmth".
Infrared energy.

Clues for sale.

Cheap!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148493 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Door greeter at Walmat. In his dreams!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148494 Jan 16, 2013
A robot dance.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Not a Gay Crouch Sniffer wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are out of the closet, what is next for you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148495 Jan 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Still waiting for the quote where Hitler calls himself an atheist.
Any luck finding that retard?
<quoted text>
Hitlers "love" of Christianity is apparent:

10th October, 1941, midday

"Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure." (p 43)

14th October, 1941, midday

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....
"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse....
"...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little....
"Christianity <is> the liar....
"We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State." (p 49-52)

13th December, 1941, midnight

"Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... <here insults people who believe transubstantiation>....
"When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease." (p 118-119)

14th December, 1941, midday

"Pure Christianity-- the Christianity of the catacombs-- is concerned with translating Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind." (p 119 & 120)

9th April, 1942, dinner

"There is something very unhealthy about Christianity." (p 339)

Hitler sees Christianity the same way some of you atheists do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#148496 Jan 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Door greeter at Walmat. In his dreams!
Welcome to Walmart.
Get your shit & get out.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148497 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Walmart.
Get your shit & get out.
:)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#148499 Jan 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler sees Christianity the same way some of you atheists do.
I agree with you there. The evidence of Hitler's Christianity is mixed. However many nazis and supporters were Christians. And the church did... nothing.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#148500 Jan 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Infrared energy.
Clues for sale.
Cheap!
infrared=light

You're dumb. That's why your clues are so cheap.
Lincoln

United States

#148501 Jan 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there. The evidence of Hitler's Christianity is mixed. However many nazis and supporters were Christians.

And the church did... nothing.
Church in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom did a great deal.
Christian and Jewish soldiers died to end the Nazi's.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#148502 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again, I don't see how any one can agree with it in total when it contradicts itself, both in facts and in ethics. If you accepted the entire Bible, you would be living with an inhuman amount of cognitive dissonance. Not to mention some very outdated mores. For example, do you support slavery?
Do I support slavery?

You do realize that slavery continues today even in our country. There are young girls who were drafted into prostitution and some were smuggled here for that purpose. My answer is absolutely a no, past, present or future.

In my own family history we had family members on both sides of the issue pre and post civil war. The Bible does talk about slavery but you must understand it was a legal and accepted practice at the time. It’s a historical fact but in Jewish history there were limits on slavery.

Another point Atheist seem to forget. In Jewish Biblical history the Children of Abraham were also slaves including Joseph who rose in rank in the Egyptian government.

Southern Illinois

#148503 Jan 16, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful! Yahweh get's upset when you add to or take away from the Bible! The Bible never calls them man-made in that context.
Also, don't you find the idea that God could be jealous, and by extension insecure, an interesting passage?
Care to recant?

Psalm 115:4-8
King James Version (KJV)

4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

Southern Illinois

#148504 Jan 16, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Printmaking is an art that produces multiple copies by its very nature. Using technology to reproduce a work of art does not detract from the artistry that went into making the original. A piece's merit lies in its beauty and expressiveness, not the means by which it came to be.
{Tipping hat]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 40 min Richardfs 166
God' existence 2 hr polymath257 84
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr serfs up 2,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr J RULES 23,239
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 6 hr Morse 369
More from around the web