Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Serah

Australia

#148420 Jan 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, well, if you're gonna pick and choose which of God's laws apply to you, so am I.
Good on you Mac, and so you should :)
Serah

Australia

#148421 Jan 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently God really didn't know babies.
Of course, he never had one, so that might be excusable.
You presume GOD doesn't hear the screams.... yet Genesis 6:6 tells us a different story IMO
Serah

Australia

#148422 Jan 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Graven" means "carved" That's all.
"Image" means "picture or representation".
So, any carving of anything is out.
I don't idolize anything ~ there is no need when one holds GOD in their hearts :)
Serah

Australia

#148423 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it's worshipped.
Exactly :)
Serah

Australia

#148424 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you are supposed to love your wife while she subjugates herself completely to you. It's like slavery, but with a pretty bow on top.
You stopped one scripture short Wilderide :) You are supposed to be 'bound to each other' and of course, you would be aware that men and women are created differently?

***Women not only have a greater variety of cones in the retina, they also have wider peripheral vision than men.

As a nest defender, a woman has rain software that allows her to receive an arc of at least 45į clear vision to each side of her head and above and below her nose. Many womenís peripheral vision is effective up to almost 180į.

A manís eyes are configured for a type of long-distance tunnel vision which means which means that he can see clearly and accurately directly in front of him and over greater distances.

As a hunter, a man needed vision that would allow hime to zero in on, and pursue, targets in the distance. He evolved with almost blindered vision so that he would not be distracted from targets, whereas a woman needed eyes to allow a wide arc of vision so that she could monitor any predators sneaking up on the nest.

This is why modern men can find their way effortlessly to a distant pub, but can never find things in the fridge.

In the UK in 1997, there were 4,132 child pedestrians killed or injured on the roads, of which 2,640 were boys in 1,492 were girls. Boys takes more risks crossing the road than girls and this, combined with poorer peripheral vision, increases their injury rate.

Menís brains, being pre-wired for hunting, see a much narrower field.
Womenís brains decode information over a wider peripheral range because of their past defending the nest.

http://roman-online.net/node/82 ***

We each had our roles to play..... and we were both meant to play fair :)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#148425 Jan 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is good enough for JESUS to send HIS Prophecies through Mary, a Woman, then it went further than that a couple of thousand years ago, and there should be no issue with it today.
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
What does Mary have to do with fact that you are to be subservient to men?

San Francisco

#148426 Jan 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot this bit?
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Ahhhh; you stopped at 24 LOL
Does the fact that your master is supposed to love you make him any less of a master over you?

San Francisco

#148427 Jan 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You stopped one scripture short Wilderide :) You are supposed to be 'bound to each other' and of course, you would be aware that men and women are created differently?
***Women not only have a greater variety of cones in the retina, they also have wider peripheral vision than men.
As a nest defender, a woman has rain software that allows her to receive an arc of at least 45į clear vision to each side of her head and above and below her nose. Many womenís peripheral vision is effective up to almost 180į.
A manís eyes are configured for a type of long-distance tunnel vision which means which means that he can see clearly and accurately directly in front of him and over greater distances.
As a hunter, a man needed vision that would allow hime to zero in on, and pursue, targets in the distance. He evolved with almost blindered vision so that he would not be distracted from targets, whereas a woman needed eyes to allow a wide arc of vision so that she could monitor any predators sneaking up on the nest.
This is why modern men can find their way effortlessly to a distant pub, but can never find things in the fridge.
In the UK in 1997, there were 4,132 child pedestrians killed or injured on the roads, of which 2,640 were boys in 1,492 were girls. Boys takes more risks crossing the road than girls and this, combined with poorer peripheral vision, increases their injury rate.
Menís brains, being pre-wired for hunting, see a much narrower field.
Womenís brains decode information over a wider peripheral range because of their past defending the nest.
http://roman-online.net/node/82 ***
We each had our roles to play..... and we were both meant to play fair :)
Yes, you each have your roles to play. Your role being the subservient, subjugated one, according to the Bible. I really can't fathom that you are OK with that.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#148428 Jan 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm better prepared when I do.
From my time on Topix here and thinking about it all, I have a suspicion the importance of religion is in planning for somewhere to go and do in the next transition. Like I said, I was a non-believer, and had nowhere to go. Can't say I have anything definite in mind, or even a religion, but maybe a better understanding when the time comes again.
Other than that, how's it going, Dave?
Serah

Australia

#148430 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Mary have to do with fact that you are to be subservient to men?
I thought the Scripture would have had a bit more of an impact LOL; JESUS told Mary to go to the Disciples and pass on His message ~ as I said, if it is good enough for JESUS, well, it is good enough for me IMO
Serah

Australia

#148431 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you each have your roles to play. Your role being the subservient, subjugated one, according to the Bible. I really can't fathom that you are OK with that.
And the male (husband) should be loving, caring, protecting and also the provider of food.... No issues with that; just finding the man that fills the role is probably a tad hard :)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#148434 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than that, how's it going, Dave?
About the same as it ever has. Had a hard ride on the perihelion, though. Getting real hard making that corner anymore.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#148435 Jan 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And the male (husband) should be loving, caring, protecting and also the provider of food.... No issues with that; just finding the man that fills the role is probably a tad hard :)
Oh hell
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#148436 Jan 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm better prepared when I do.
From my time on Topix here and thinking about it all, I have a suspicion the importance of religion is in planning for somewhere to go and do in the next transition. Like I said, I was a non-believer, and had nowhere to go. Can't say I have anything definite in mind, or even a religion, but maybe a better understanding when the time comes again.
Thank you. I admire your candor.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#148437 Jan 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
About the same as it ever has. Had a hard ride on the perihelion, though. Getting real hard making that corner anymore.
Had to look that up--perihelion.

It may be arthritis.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#148438 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to look that up--perihelion.
It may be arthritis.
More like the air fuel mixture is wrong. Ain't getting the acceleration I used to. Losing parts in between, so losing the momentum, too. Not a good corner for those sort of problems.

Time for a trade in.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#148439 Jan 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More like the air fuel mixture is wrong. Ain't getting the acceleration I used to. Losing parts in between, so losing the momentum, too. Not a good corner for those sort of problems.
Time for a trade in.

Are you falling apart? I got some duct tape? lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#148440 Jan 15, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Jan13.....
.....You like shrimp and lobster because it probably tastes the same as the smell of a Queer's crotch.
Ps:.....and den sum tooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
It is interesting that you would know the smell of a Queer's crotch.
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

#148441 Jan 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot this bit?
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Ahhhh; you stopped at 24 LOL
Is it nice, that the writers of the bible, gave opposing commands? How many verses say that a women is like property and how many say that she should be treated as an equal or better?

When you want a women to shut up, you use the appropriate verse and when you like her opinion, you use another verse!

Just my opinion, but if you don't see how the church leaders have used the bible to control the population, then you are just f'king dumb.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#148442 Jan 15, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
On what do you base that on? The Christian claims are based on four anonymous gospels, which contradict each other throughout, and are strewn with errors and absurdities. So no, not a Son of God, just an ordinary person like you or me.
17Jan13.....

.....BobLoblah is NO ordinary person like you.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 17 min woodtick57 2,406
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 8 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 9 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 9 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 15 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu thetruth 1,442
More from around the web