Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,541 - 142,560 of 225,659 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stop there?
Ephesians 5:25 (the very next verse) Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
My wife submits to me and I to her. Are you not the same?
I see. So you are supposed to love your wife while she subjugates herself completely to you. It's like slavery, but with a pretty bow on top.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, they just can't preach to MEN.
(hint: male children are not men)
Not Christian ideology. That is left to the male church leader or the husband. The wife can instruct the kids on other things, such as don't abuse the slaves, leave that to dad. But Christian ideology? Nope.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ignoring the fact that the largest contributors to greenhouse gases are all in the stratosphere, inert gases can make it all the way to the ozone, because they don't react with anything and only when they react with something do their weights actually change comparatively. But you are correct, they do keep adding "blankets" to the atmosphere. But the problem is that it's not likely to be the gases we release that tipped the climate change, but the energy near the glaciers that did.
I understand your point about the poles, but I see the telluric currents energizing the ice molecules, not simple old heat melting the ice.

For a pretty long time the earth has been collecting energies from space, and redirecting them within itself according to resistances within it. Those energies are almost all EM in nature, and the flows follow the path of least resistance. Too much resistance and you get earthquakes and such rearrangements. Climate is very much affected by this. The earth is a resistive conductor transferring energy from without and within.

Our industrial gases and other such endeavors have an indirect effect on the circuitry. What has a more direct effect is our EM production and emissions. They have a much more direct effect on the telluric currents. You stick that ground rod in the earth and you are connected. What you are pumping out in also pulling in from the earth. Supposed to all balance out, but it introduces resistances that effect the total flow. One interesting effect is the frequency disruption. Fifty and sixty cycle waves interacting with the Schumann resonance.

You are changing the potential values at the poles. The magnetosphere is polarizing incoming particles and waves that tend toward the poles. Setting up subcurrents energizing the ice molecules more than they would.

It is roughly like inducing an AC voltage upon a DC flow. Before the changes were dictated by cosmic forces hitting us. Now we are putting capacitors and resistors and inductors in that flow. Without a plan. Feedback to the normal flow.

Plus the heat from all of these computers.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your book contains a lot of commands of female subjugation, that does not bode well for you.
Handed down orally for a few hundred years and then mistranslated into English.

Does she/he understand the difference between translation and interpretation?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Check for holes in your ice trays. Try not to open the door so much, either.
There is an amount of EM waves bouncing around in that freezer. Freezers aren't that cold. It is colder in many parts of the world, yet the glaciers don't seem to shrink too much.
OOPS!!!!
I forgot!! They are! Global warming. The scientists say so. Must be because we don't use them often enough. The glaciers, that is.
Everybody!! Go to the Arctic and fix a drink! Save the planet.
:-)
Really, I'm not making this up--it was mentioned way back in high school chemistry class when we discussed vapor pressure. That was almost 50 years ago, so the phenomenon has been known for quite a while. Here's a little confirmation:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/conten...

I don't know for sure, but I would think glaciers evaporate as well, just not as fast as new mass is added by each year's snow. Global warming may be changing the rates of both factors, but not the phenomenon itself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_c...

You've read me referring to the Peltier-Seebeck effect. Also called the thermoelectric effect.

Telluric currents are the electrical and magnetic currents the earth has running through it to transfer energy. The earth is a battery, actuallly a spherical capacitor that gets recharged by cosmic energies.

Those thermoelectric coolers can drop the temp by 20 degrees C. Read the uses section of that article.

Change the current flow of the earth and you change the temperature of the poles of the flow.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A freezer running and seldom opened , would take keep ice indefinitely, presuming it ran that long.
Actually, evaporation from the ice trays is probably one of the sources of the frost that accumulates in a freezer that is not designed to be frost-free. I'm not sure, but I suspect that frost-free freezers work by circulating dry air in the compartment, which would increase the rate at which the ice evaporates. Ever notice that foods kept in air-tight containers accumulate frost? That comes from water that evaporates from the food and then refreezes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/Coolit-Systems-USB-Beve...

That's the cooler shown in that last link. Goes down to 45 degrees, Allegedly.

This is matter you plug into your USB port. Low voltage and current. Imagine what happens on a global scale.

It's all about EM.

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, evaporation from the ice trays is probably one of the sources of the frost that accumulates in a freezer that is not designed to be frost-free. I'm not sure, but I suspect that frost-free freezers work by circulating dry air in the compartment, which would increase the rate at which the ice evaporates. Ever notice that foods kept in air-tight containers accumulate frost? That comes from water that evaporates from the food and then refreezes.
More like getting too many beers. Humidity in the air. The freezer and refrigerator should be served by the same unit. It's the venting. You can also have the vents blocked by too much food piled in the freezer, not drawing out the moisture.

The moisture gets condensed on the refrigeration coils, which dries the air. Same thing on air conditioners.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ignoring the fact that the largest contributors to greenhouse gases are all in the stratosphere, inert gases can make it all the way to the ozone, because they don't react with anything and only when they react with something do their weights actually change comparatively. But you are correct, they do keep adding "blankets" to the atmosphere. But the problem is that it's not likely to be the gases we release that tipped the climate change, but the energy near the glaciers that did.

What is happening is the energy from the sun would shine on the light side heating it up. Then at night the heat would radiate back into space. Greenhouse gas traps the heat so not as much can radiate back out into space, it doesn't matter where its position in the atmosphere is really, only that it traps the thermal energy.

The Oceans adsorbed this extra energy for so long because it's like a giant heat sink, but is gradually causing it's temperature to rise. So it is energy in the Ocean but its spread out by the currents . It is natural for the Oceans to absorb some heat and spread it around but when the overall temperature rises, it causes glacial melt.
I think they say it is 1-2 C above nominal and climbing.

When it reaches or by the time it reaches 6 C above normal we will have a complete glacial melting and the oceans will rise by as much as six feet or more. This would be disastrous to places like Manhattan, New Orleans and Venice etc.
But we have found a worse problem than the man made parts.
Frozen methane at the bottom of the ocean. Its a worse greenhouse gas than carbon monoxide,and it is starting to melt at the bottom of the sea. We may not have glaciers much longer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Its closed the water Ice stays in the freezer, but it melts a little and the vapor comes from the defrost cycle when it heats up the frost on the cooling fins to melt it off. But It would take an incredible amount of time to melt a full ice maker load of ice.
Its in a tray eventually it would become a solid block.

The frost inside a sealed container comes from water vapor in the container. A frost free freezer has a defrost timer that heats up a coil to melt off the frost on the fins. Air is actually up to 5% water vapor.

I mean think of it this way , people have summer homes that keep ice in them for a whole year with imperceptible melt off.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Handed down orally for a few hundred years and then mistranslated into English.
Does she/he understand the difference between translation and interpretation?
Very few christians do understand the difference.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it's worshipped.
Nope.

Language matters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What is happening is the energy from the sun would shine on the light side heating it up. Then at night the heat would radiate back into space. Greenhouse gas traps the heat so not as much can radiate back out into space, it doesn't matter where its position in the atmosphere is really, only that it traps the thermal energy.
The Oceans adsorbed this extra energy for so long because it's like a giant heat sink, but is gradually causing it's temperature to rise. So it is energy in the Ocean but its spread out by the currents . It is natural for the Oceans to absorb some heat and spread it around but when the overall temperature rises, it causes glacial melt.
I think they say it is 1-2 C above nominal and climbing.
When it reaches or by the time it reaches 6 C above normal we will have a complete glacial melting and the oceans will rise by as much as six feet or more. This would be disastrous to places like Manhattan, New Orleans and Venice etc.
But we have found a worse problem than the man made parts.
Frozen methane at the bottom of the ocean. Its a worse greenhouse gas than carbon monoxide,and it is starting to melt at the bottom of the sea. We may not have glaciers much longer.
http://www.almanac.com/blog/weather-blog/pecu...

http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~dommelen/quantum/styl...

The heat buildup adds to the second links effect. And of course, sea water is notorious for carrying electrical currents.

North Pole losing, South Pole gaining.

EM, son, it's EM.

It's a complex world, everything affects everything else, but it gets down to the passing around of charges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telluric_current

The life blood of the planet.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I was hit by a truck, vacated my body, realized I just died, went through the agony of losing my place here, woke up in another dimension, and was inches from stepping into another manifestation before being allowed back.
Didn't see one single god or any other entity. But there was something out there I did not want to encounter.
I was a non=believer. Had absolutely zero concern or even thought that my existence was about to cease. Never crossed my consciousness. Was just moving on to something else. It was all "natural" as can be.
Now, tell us what your experience in it is. You seem so very much in the know. Tell us all about it.
Do you believe you'll return to that terrible place? I'm not being clever, just curious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.almanac.com/blog/weather-blog/pecu...
http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~dommelen/quantum/styl...
The heat buildup adds to the second links effect. And of course, sea water is notorious for carrying electrical currents.
North Pole losing, South Pole gaining.
EM, son, it's EM.
It's a complex world, everything affects everything else, but it gets down to the passing around of charges.

Ok if you say so Dave , actually some of those solar particles do follow the magnetic lines to ground , being electrically charged so I'm sure it adds some thermal energy too.

Besides me getting the wattage backwards on Saturn.
Which makes me wonder how much would a piece of metal would heat up in the light at that distance. what -250 on the dark side and ? on the light?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few christians do understand the difference.
Yes!

Proving events which occurred thousands of years ago is difficult.

For a Masters in History, one needs to prove proficiency in two languages. Imagine the same in Theology ?
Serah

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I was hit by a truck, vacated my body, realized I just died, went through the agony of losing my place here, woke up in another dimension, and was inches from stepping into another manifestation before being allowed back.
Didn't see one single god or any other entity. But there was something out there I did not want to encounter.
I was a non=believer. Had absolutely zero concern or even thought that my existence was about to cease. Never crossed my consciousness. Was just moving on to something else. It was all "natural" as can be.
Now, tell us what your experience in it is. You seem so very much in the know. Tell us all about it.
I read once of a robber shot on a sidewalk, and as the Paramedics were working on him, trying to revive him, he screamed and fought back to life... happened a few times, and he is now a believer. I tried to find his story (his young son was also with him at the time this happened) but found this instead;

*** Yet another story follows: "I (Dr. Rawlings) was giving CPR to a patient when the following incident occurred. I inserted a pacemaker through the shoulder and guided it through the vain into Charlie's heart. His heart stopped so I began to pound on the his heart, but as I did blood spurted out, I stopped to adjust the pacemaker. And as I did, Charlie's eyes would roll back in his head, he would sputter, turn blue, and convulse. This happened several times. Once while I was stopped to adjust the pacemaker Charlie screamed,'Don't stop, don't stop, I'm in Hell, I'm in Hell.' Hallucinations, I thought at first, but most victims say,'Take your big hands off me, your breaking my ribs,' but he was saying the opposite 'For Gods sake don't stop! Don't you understand, every time you stop I'm in Hell. When he asked me to pray for him I felt downright insulted. I told him to shut up, I'm a doctor, not a minister or a psychiatrist. Then the nurse gave me that expectant look. What would you do? That's when I composed a make believe prayer. I made him repeat the prayer to keep him off my back. Say it! Jesus Christ son of God, Keep me out of Hell. And a very strange thing took place. He was no longer that wild-eyed screaming lunatic. It was then that I too (Dr. Rawlings) became a Christian." (pg 37).

As I said earlier, Dr. Rawlings is not a Theologian, or a Minister, rather an unbiased Doctor who has written the findings of the patients he has resuscitated.

http://www.emjc3.com/helland.htm ***
Serah

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I agree the Bible says they shall not serve in leadership or teach in the ideology. However, women are clearly defined as inferior. Paul rationalizes that women were the cause of downfall of humans in Eden, thus they are to be blamed and subjugated by men. Who, by the way, also ate the fruit, but somehow that was also the woman's fault too. I guess in Christian ideology men are gullible and stupid, and women are smarter and therefore need to be controlled.
<quoted text>
In other words, there is no rationale. It is what it is because.
<quoted text>
Read the passage you quote. They are encouraged to serve as an example to each other, NOT teach or instruct in the Bible.
<quoted text>
LOL! Of course it does.
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning.
<quoted text>
Again, women are not to discuss religious ideology at all. The Bible says they are to be living examples merely, and subjugated in all ways to men. Any women who instructs in the Word is sinning. She must defer to her husband or a male relative. They can hand out all the Bibles they want, and tell everyone how much they love Jesus, but it can go no futher than that.
If it is good enough for JESUS to send HIS Prophecies through Mary, a Woman, then it went further than that a couple of thousand years ago, and there should be no issue with it today.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 22 min NightSerf 290
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 4 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 4 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 4 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 4 hr religionisillness 151

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••