Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,128)

Showing posts 142,541 - 142,560 of216,836
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They normally don't get into the stratosphere. That is a boundary layer.
Erm, yes it does.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you are stuck on being a piece of stellar poop, then I will not argue with you, and certainly won't hold you in any special regard. You are just a piece of meat, just a bit warmer than that corpse you refer to."
Dave, your foolish inflated ego is showing...
"You are assuming a lot about what happens just because a body ceases to function anymore."
No Dave, you are. The function of your brain NEEDS your brain to exist, no different than the memory on your hard drive needs the hard drive to exist. Your five senses NEED a functioning brain to deliver the information to. These are not assumptions Dave, they are facts. We know what awareness is and awareness is not magic, it's the information gathered by your five senses and processed by your brain. Awareness is not an entity unto itself you foolish death denier.
"After many millenia of experience, mankind still refers to the spirit in each of us. Spirit is intangible. Non-physical, but very, very real."
Experience or ignorance and fear? Your ignorant baseless belief in ghosts may be real but the ghosts aren't. There is no knowledge of any ghosts so you can stop lying now.
:-)

Your time will come.

But you won't even remember me telling you this.

Your body in shock shuts off the processing of those senses. People vary in just how much shock it takes to do that. It is a potential reset state for the mind, dependent on the injury sustained. There is no way strict evolution can save such things in genes, as most tend to die exposed helpless to the elements and animals. Particularly if man evolved as proclaimed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's not. That is just an over simplified explanation of how it works.
Care to clarify your response more?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers Mac, I'm happy following the 10, but we each seek that which makes us happy, if we are living a life to the fullest. And have you ever noticed that if you follow 10 simple rules, you will never upset anyone else? Amazing stuff; IMO
Oh, well, if you're gonna pick and choose which of God's laws apply to you, so am I.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Your time will come.
But you won't even remember me telling you this.
Your body in shock shuts off the processing of those senses. People vary in just how much shock it takes to do that. It is a potential reset state for the mind, dependent on the injury sustained. There is no way strict evolution can save such things in genes, as most tend to die exposed helpless to the elements and animals. Particularly if man evolved as proclaimed.
evolution is a fact, only idiots deny facts.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Thinking wrote:
And Atheists. He's making loads of them, more every year.
<quoted text>
Yeah, us, too.

Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye and why does he make shrimp and lobster taste so Good?
Come to think of it, I've never had kid boiled in its mother's milk.

If Leviticus is equating that with Garlic Prawns, I gotta give it a try.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to clarify your response more?
It's kinetic energy, "wave" and "vibration" is simply a description of kinetic energy. Since electromagnetic force is the most powerful it becomes a lot of kinetic energy when released, that is that "wave" from the source, the conversion of electromagnetic to kinetic. The frequency of the atomic structure, however, will cause different reactions to the kinetic force, this is because of the electromagnetic force in those atoms.

Heat is a measure of the presence of any and all energy, it's very vague, also very subjective. Even the Kelvin scale is not accurate for measuring energy, because of the various forms of energy, temperature can only tell how "excited" the atoms are.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think GOD told us not to eat on a day of the week, to look after our children, change their clothes, feed the animals etc etc? Do you think GOD wanted a baby to scream all day because it was hungry?
Man, you really don't know GOD!
Apparently God really didn't know babies.

Of course, he never had one, so that might be excusable.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking up sticks is less work than any of those.
Yah.

And dragging a chair across a floor might make a furrow. That counts as plowing, so that's out.

Seriously, who thinks this shit up?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know what Graven Image means?
"An idol or fetish carved in wood or stone"
Do you know what an idol is (apart from our super stars of course LOL)
"a. An image used as an object of worship. b. A false god. 2. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively"
"Graven" means "carved" That's all.

"Image" means "picture or representation".

So, any carving of anything is out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm, yes it does.
Coherency seems to be one of your weaknesses.

"Erm, yes it does." what?

The bottom of the stratosphere is colder than the top. It's an inversion layer. There is a filtering action preventing much material from diffusing up into it. Some thunderstorms, volcanic eruptions, and airyplanes and rockets puncture that boundary called the tropopause, injecting stuff that otherwise wouldn't get up there. Once it does it tends to stay there. It puts another blanket on the bed.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
Ephesians 5:21-24: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."
Pretty clear, no?
Why stop there?

Ephesians 5:25 (the very next verse) Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

My wife submits to me and I to her. Are you not the same?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

wilderide wrote:
Not Christian ideology.
Sure they can, they just can't preach to MEN.

(hint: male children are not men)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Coherency seems to be one of your weaknesses.
"Erm, yes it does." what?
The bottom of the stratosphere is colder than the top. It's an inversion layer. There is a filtering action preventing much material from diffusing up into it. Some thunderstorms, volcanic eruptions, and airyplanes and rockets puncture that boundary called the tropopause, injecting stuff that otherwise wouldn't get up there. Once it does it tends to stay there. It puts another blanket on the bed.
Well, ignoring the fact that the largest contributors to greenhouse gases are all in the stratosphere, inert gases can make it all the way to the ozone, because they don't react with anything and only when they react with something do their weights actually change comparatively. But you are correct, they do keep adding "blankets" to the atmosphere. But the problem is that it's not likely to be the gases we release that tipped the climate change, but the energy near the glaciers that did.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Which part of it is a fact?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinetic energy, "wave" and "vibration" is simply a description of kinetic energy. Since electromagnetic force is the most powerful it becomes a lot of kinetic energy when released, that is that "wave" from the source, the conversion of electromagnetic to kinetic. The frequency of the atomic structure, however, will cause different reactions to the kinetic force, this is because of the electromagnetic force in those atoms.
Heat is a measure of the presence of any and all energy, it's very vague, also very subjective. Even the Kelvin scale is not accurate for measuring energy, because of the various forms of energy, temperature can only tell how "excited" the atoms are.
You are almost trying to describe what I have said about motion of space, THE ENERGY, caught in loops, creating matter. and being transferred. Motion is THE force.

Heat is the wave the streams of space make in running their loops. No matter how big those loops are. Most of those are pulsed streams.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Graven" means "carved" That's all.
"Image" means "picture or representation".
So, any carving of anything is out.
Only if it's worshipped.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stop there?
Ephesians 5:25 (the very next verse) Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
My wife submits to me and I to her. Are you not the same?
Your book contains a lot of commands of female subjugation, that does not bode well for you.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, only cowards will deny facts that are not to their liking, idiots are just plain stupid they are not dishonest like the theist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 142,541 - 142,560 of216,836
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••