Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,301 - 142,320 of 224,013 Comments Last updated 28 min ago

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to be one or the other. Does the holy spirit guide you to the proper understanding or not?
Ans... No it doesn't, and yes the 'Holy Spirit' will guide you if you are filled with the'Holy Spirit'

If a mormon and a catholic really want to give their life to god, why doesn't the holy spirit give them the correct understanding of what god wants?

Ans...The 'Holy Spirit' could, but first you would have to a believer, get your heart right with God, then ask. You would have to really mean it. God will know if your heart is for show, or not.

<quoted text>
No, you have faith, belief without evidence, that he did. Nothing more.

Ans...Okay, I have 'Faith'. God said , the only way to enter Heaven, is by 'Faith'. Nothing more. Nothing Less.
My evidence is 'Speaking in Tongues', a supernatural power, that is beyond anything in this world. It's something you don't even try to understand.

<quoted text>
Of course you believe that. It is called, "Indoctrination". Neither the jews nor the muslims believe that god is three in one.

Ans...Of course you believe, what you believe. It's a word Atheists use a lot.. delusional. Okay, your point is?

<quoted text>
Obviously, it is not that simple. People have been killing and dying for the same god. Either the holy spirit is not teaching or giving proper understanding to all believers. It is stupid to believe that a person, who is willing to die for his god, has not ask for wisdom and understanding.

Ans...Yes, the fighting in the Middle East has been going on for over 2000 years. Everyone wants to be right about their faith.(their is a little more to it than that, but that's another topic)
Yes, it is stupid, but would you have known to ask for 'Wisdom and Understanding' unless I had mentioned it here?

Either they are not getting it or you are not getting it. Since your bible clearly states that you must kill non-believers, I would say the evidence stands against you not getting it.

Ans...The fact is, there is no evidence too powerful to stand against me. I do get it. My God does not say to kill non-believers, that is mans interpretation, of the Bible. Again, this calls for 'Wisdom'.

<quoted text>
You need to sit back and reexamine your beliefs and why you have them. Well, you don't really need to, you can stay in your blissful ignorance.
Ans...So maybe you should sit back and reexamine your beliefs, and why you have them. You really don't have to though, you can stay in your own blissful ideologies, as well.
I'm sleepy, GN. SL :) ps I truly hope you have blessed day!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been brainwashed into believing that there are only ten and that god doesn't really care what day you keep 'holy'. I say day, but at best, they sit in church for an hour.
And learn nowt even from that.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>15Jan13.....
.....Ya godda serve somebody.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Why?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans...So maybe you should sit back and reexamine your beliefs, and why you have them. You really don't have to though, you can stay in your own blissful ideologies, as well.
I'm sleepy, GN. SL :) ps I truly hope you have blessed day!
I did sit back and reexamine my beliefs. I read the bible and realized that no loving god would be that evil.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Scrollin, scrollin, scrollin.
From the scrotum, scrotum , scrotum.
I love this game.
:-)
Yup.

There he goes again.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>15Jan13.....
.....You are so correct.
Ps:.....When 'basic instinct' for survival kicks in, ALL others who want your 'stuff' will cut your head off to get it.
Can you Really & Truly imagine sitting down with the Taliban or the Palestinians and having a 'meaningful' discussion about disarmament and getting them interested in accounting jobs for example. Bahhh. Humbug.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
The spam is strong in this one.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

billybob wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious you do not understand the bible. It's not a follow this from start to finish and being bound to every word, hell the bible even contradicts itself. What it does is explain a set of covenants made between god and man and gives the history of them. You only need to follow the commandments of the covenant you are in. Also, from reading a few of your other comments, it appears that you do no know the difference between a biblical law and a commandment. You might actually want to look into that a bit.
There are a lot of foolish comments posted here. yours seems to be one repeated a lot. You aint got to believe, but if you are going to bash, at least know the material and context you are bashing someone about.
Your god said that a master could beat a slave to death and not be punished. Make that sound right.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I did sit back and reexamine my beliefs. I read the bible and realized that no loving god would be that evil.
I think he meant spiritual or religious (i.e. superstitious) beliefs.

It seems to me that when religionists use the word belief it is not belief in the general sense, as in "I believe this because and to this extent". They seem to mean that one consciously chooses to believe one thing instead of another. Also, religious belief is not a belief limited to the extent it is clearly supported by reason and evidence. It tends to be disproportionate or even absolute 'faith'.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

In bob nobgobbler's case: "Scrotum, scrotum, scrotum, sore hide!"
River Tam wrote:
Scrollin, scrollin, scrollin.
From the scrotum, scrotum , scrotum.
I love this game.
:-)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think he meant spiritual or religious (i.e. superstitious) beliefs.
It seems to me that when religionists use the word belief it is not belief in the general sense, as in "I believe this because and to this extent". They seem to mean that one consciously chooses to believe one thing instead of another. Also, religious belief is not a belief limited to the extent it is clearly supported by reason and evidence. It tends to be disproportionate or even absolute 'faith'.
Yes, I was once a christian and had such faith; then one Sunday,I ignored the preacher, continued to read the bible after he stopped. I found those laws of god's that no christian wants to talk about or follow.

Such as, god hates gays, but he is cool with me eating shellfish.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just checking. Does that include my vibrator? Cuz........
If you need to believe your vibrator is a God, then you believe it.... Cuz otherwise.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like the time I drank too much? Yeah, still just hallucinations, though I couldn't tell the difference at the time ... that was until I actually saw the video recording of what really happened.
But then, I'm smart enough to actually, well ... pay attention. At least when I'm not drunk.
You are smart enough to pay attention? Sorry dude, but you are painting the wrong picture to be smart enough to have paid much attention, if you get my driftwood!!

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was once a christian and had such faith; then one Sunday,I ignored the preacher, continued to read the bible after he stopped. I found those laws of god's that no christian wants to talk about or follow.
Such as, god hates gays, but he is cool with me eating shellfish.
Hmm.

If god hates gays - why does he keep makin''em?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, your bible claims at least 613 commandments...
http://www.aish.com/h/sh/se/48945081.html
Cheers Mac, I'm happy following the 10, but we each seek that which makes us happy, if we are living a life to the fullest. And have you ever noticed that if you follow 10 simple rules, you will never upset anyone else? Amazing stuff; IMO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
How about thou shalt now have slaves?
Thou shalt not descriminate?
Thou shalt not commit violent crimes?
Thou shalt not rape?
Thou shalt not commit incest?
Thou shalt not force thy beliefs upon others?
Thou shalt not halt progress?
Thou shalt not sexually assault children?
Thou shalt not harm or kill others in the name of thy God?
And the list goes on.
<quoted text>
Read the 10 Commandments again....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
One, you do not follow the 10 statutes of god. You do not keep the sabbath holy, as he demanded. You only keep what you think is right.
I keep every day Holy ~ I don't lie, don't steal, don't covet anything my neighbours might own, believe in one GOD, honor my Spiritual Parents, don't have any false idols etc etc etc....

Why should only 1 day a week be Holy?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Good Question Mac, ever wondered why the numbers are increasing as they are? Were the closets always jam packed and now they are empty or is something happening with their DNA? Damn good question.... didn't think you would have given it much thought though, for some reason.

Oh wait? Are you being sarcastic here?? That makes sense; LOL :)

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I know them by heart and none of them cover what I just presented. Answer those do you agree of disagree. Thou shalt not commit incest. Uh oh several of your bible heroes would be in trouble on that one! Bible heroes loved them some daughter fcking eh Lot? ;))
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the 10 Commandments again....
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

And guess where you can stick your god!
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>If you need to believe your vibrator is a God, then you believe it.... Cuz otherwise.....
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

And Atheists. He's making loads of them, more every year.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 6 min Reason Personified 177
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 24 min Liam R 10
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 9 hr Patrick 1,285
Introducing The Universal Religion 10 hr Thinking 729
•••
•••