Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 240145 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#148185 Jan 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans...So maybe you should sit back and reexamine your beliefs, and why you have them. You really don't have to though, you can stay in your own blissful ideologies, as well.
I'm sleepy, GN. SL :) ps I truly hope you have blessed day!
Gehenna slave, really?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148186 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Every Christian cherry-picks what parts of the Bible they accept or reject. And when it contradicts itself, which side of the contradiction they prefer.
I can't speak of every Christian and neither can you.

He either ignorantly or deceitfully twisted scripture.

Atheists seem to do that a lot.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148187 Jan 14, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
God had some specific instructions for the Sabbath and you keep them everyday? You never cook or Clean? Or is it that you are ignorant to what it means to keep the sabbath holy?
Do you think GOD told us not to eat on a day of the week, to look after our children, change their clothes, feed the animals etc etc? Do you think GOD wanted a baby to scream all day because it was hungry?

Man, you really don't know GOD!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148188 Jan 14, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any pictures, paintings or statues? Or do you not know that you are not to have them?
Of course I do, and I wear a cross around my neck continually, with the face of JESUS etched into it. I have the Last Supper hanging on my wall, and a Nativity Scene set up all year around on the mantle piece above the fireplace. 4 of my lightshades are Cherubs....among many other Spiritually enhanced treasures.

Do I Idolise these things? Do I pray to these things? No, I Pray to GOD!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148189 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry picking atheists.
Pictures, paintings or statues are fine to have - so long as they're not worshipped.
Exactly :)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#148190 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry picking atheists.
Pictures, paintings or statues are fine to have - so long as they're not worshipped.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:(Exodus 20:4)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148191 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry picking atheists.
Pictures, paintings or statues are fine to have - so long as they're not worshipped.
Placing a price tag on the artifact is inherently worshiping it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148192 Jan 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think GOD told us not to eat on a day of the week, to look after our children, change their clothes, feed the animals etc etc? Do you think GOD wanted a baby to scream all day because it was hungry?
Man, you really don't know GOD!
Picking up sticks is less work than any of those.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148193 Jan 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:(Exodus 20:4)
Do you know what Graven Image means?

"An idol or fetish carved in wood or stone"

Do you know what an idol is (apart from our super stars of course LOL)

"a. An image used as an object of worship. b. A false god. 2. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively"

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148194 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking up sticks is less work than any of those.
I guess you are stating you would rather pick up a stick than feed a baby? Not surprising, I suppose

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#148195 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Placing a price tag on the artifact is inherently worshiping it.
Is it? Do you idolise the $

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148196 Jan 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I do, and I wear a cross around my neck continually, with the face of JESUS etched into it. I have the Last Supper hanging on my wall, and a Nativity Scene set up all year around on the mantle piece above the fireplace. 4 of my lightshades are Cherubs....among many other Spiritually enhanced treasures.
Do I Idolise these things? Do I pray to these things? No, I Pray to GOD!
All of those are idols.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148197 Jan 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:(Exodus 20:4)
Hey! You can red.

But can you comprehend what the words mean?

Can you NOT cherrypick? The very next verse is "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God..."

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148198 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Placing a price tag on the artifact is inherently worshiping it.
How the hell is putting a price tag on something worshipping that thing?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148199 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those are idols.
An idol is a a material object that is worshipped as a god.

I don't think Serah worships here necklace...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148200 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell is putting a price tag on something worshipping that thing?
It is placing an artificial value on the object, thus you are worshiping it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#148201 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An idol is a a material object that is worshipped as a god.
I don't think Serah worships here necklace...
Yes, the cross with a statue on it is an idol.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#148202 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak of every Christian and neither can you.
He either ignorantly or deceitfully twisted scripture.
Atheists seem to do that a lot.
You are really unaware of all the internecine wars and bickering that Christians have gotten themselves into over the course of their religion's development and fragmentation?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148203 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is placing an artificial value on the object, thus you are worshiping it.
Since when is monetary value artificial?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#148204 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! You can red.
But can you comprehend what the words mean?
Can you NOT cherrypick? The very next verse is "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God..."
Don't you find it interesting that this passage indicates there are other gods besides Yahweh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 22 min The_Box 143
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 27 min woodtick57 7,699
Reason is the root of mental illness!!! 3 hr Amused 4
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr NoahLovesU 19,153
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Thinking 2,248
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) Tue Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Tue Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web