Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#148088 Jan 13, 2013
sarafina wrote:
When you understand why atheists dismiss all possible gods, you will understand why they are in denial.
We dismiss impossible gods too.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#148089 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about anything, just answered an obvious question.
It is obvious that you people have no clue what you are talking about and it is obvious that you do not care.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#148090 Jan 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
hello again...I see you are gaining Wisdom and Insight.... You are a wise man. "Seek and ye shall find" SL
Have a Godly Day!:)
What is a "godly day"? Shall I wipe out a village because one among them did not believe? Shall I stone my daughter for not being a virgin? Stone my son for talking back to me?

What do you mean by, "godly day"?
Lincoln

United States

#148091 Jan 13, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We dismiss impossible gods too.
You then embrace the Possible Gods?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#148092 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the proven ones.
Serah

Australia

#148093 Jan 13, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is 'dead matter'?
The result of a big bang
Serah

Australia

#148094 Jan 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation:
"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."[2]
Very Good Quote!!:)
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148095 Jan 13, 2013
And only if they deserve it.[empty set]
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the proven ones.
Serah

Australia

#148096 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Serah , do you not change your mind when you
_realize_ you are wrong?
Of course; once upon a time I thought little people lived in the radio :)
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148097 Jan 13, 2013
And now you believe in god!
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course; once upon a time I thought little people lived in the radio :)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#148098 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
I've never heard of the Possible Gods.

Did you prepare a pitch?

I don't have all day.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#148099 Jan 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course; once upon a time I thought little people lived in the radio :)
They don't?
Jove2013

Acton, MA

#148100 Jan 13, 2013
I want to mention that I am involved in this new movement that is a little broader than atheism. it's called monotheistic-fundamentalism. Although it accepts god, but other god like figures like satin, devils, angels, demnond saints etc. It also does not accept the union of a god and a mortal producing a demi-god.
In addition, god is not defined. eg: god is good. Maybe god is not good...maybe god is everything including bad. monotheistic-fundamentalists believe that we are not in the image of god, and when we try to describe god we huminize something that is not humans.
Yes, Athiest go on faith in saying god does not exist because it cannot be proved. Monotheistic-fundamentalism equires no faith because it accepts evrything that is known and unknow. But it leave no room for making things up to support a matter of faith. It's a cool religion. www.monotheistic-fundaentalism.com
Jove2013

Acton, MA

#148101 Jan 13, 2013
sorry,about the typo above:
www.monotheistic-fundamentalism.com
Lincoln

United States

#148102 Jan 13, 2013
Jove2013 wrote:
I want to mention that I am involved in this new movement that is a little broader than atheism. it's called monotheistic-fundamentalism. Although it accepts god, but other god like figures like satin, devils, angels, demnond saints etc. It also does not accept the union of a god and a mortal producing a demi-god.
In addition, god is not defined. eg: god is good. Maybe god is not good...maybe god is everything including bad. monotheistic-fundamentalists believe that we are not in the image of god, and when we try to describe god we huminize something that is not humans.
Yes, Athiest go on faith in saying god does not exist because it cannot be proved. Monotheistic-fundamentalism equires no faith because it accepts evrything that is known and unknow. But it leave no room for making things up to support a matter of faith. It's a cool religion. www.monotheistic-fundaentalism.com
Flat Earth Society disbanded and left a void

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148103 Jan 13, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you people have no clue what you are talking about and it is obvious that you do not care.
What people?

Care about what?

If you can't be specific, shut up.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#148104 Jan 13, 2013
But only a 2D one.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat Earth Society disbanded and left a void
Serah

Australia

#148105 Jan 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
And now you believe in god!
<quoted text>
Not quite right ~ for as long as I can recall, I have known GOD; I never knew the little people in the radio :)
Lincoln

United States

#148106 Jan 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
But only a 2D one.
<quoted text>
:-) good point
Serah

Australia

#148107 Jan 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't?
:) I used to ponder how voices could travel via a telephone from one side of the world to the other, and learned about under sea cabling! Still a bit hard to digest... but it works :)

***Jan 9 (Reuters)- A break in an undersea cable brought down phone and Internet lines across eastern Libya on Wednesday and forced the closure of the airport in the country's second-largest city Benghazi, the government said.

The cable was cut when it got tangled in a fishing boat's equipment, said the minister of communications and information, Osama Syala.

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan said the cable connected Benghazi to the towns of Mesaad and Brega and technicians were working to repair it.

Libya has been restoring its telecom network slowly since a war in 2011, when leader Muammar Gaddafi cut off mobile communications between his base in the west and the rebel-held east.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/09/lib... ***

Until the cable breaks LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 27 min Eman 22,362
Our world came from nothing? 34 min Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 59 min NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 4 hr P_Smith 1
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 4 hr wondering 338
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 7 hr BeHereNow 134
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE