Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,181 - 142,200 of 224,091 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

She is a chronically mentally ill woman who hates the pharmaceutical industry because it makes the crazy pills that takes away the voices in her head.
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly ramble on like an idiot loaded on some weird drugs,,LOL
bought it online have you?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I think you were bullied when you were a kid. Donít me get wrong we all had run ins with bullies. Some more than others. But I think you were bullied a hell of a lot.
Maybe it was because your size and your grades. That bullying had a sizeable impact on your life. Sarcasm and cynicism comes from your childhood. It could even had derived from a relative.
Iím sorry that happened to you. Today there has been a little more focus on the problem of bullying. I can only hope you donít pass on those undesirable personality traits to your children and grandchildren.
It's not too late to change.
There is almost nothing more hilarious to me than eagle playing armchair psychologist.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

It's almost as funny as Muq trying to argue and explain science :))
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is almost nothing more hilarious to me than eagle playing armchair psychologist.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly ramble on like an idiot loaded on some weird drugs,,LOL
bought it online have you?
Nahh...... just posting that which scientists write ~ and agree with you, they have some weird drugs on offer!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No sarcasm. The forums are here for all. I enjoy reading and learning from other people's experiences.
Thanks ~ I too am here to learn :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
She is a chronically mentally ill woman who hates the pharmaceutical industry because it makes the crazy pills that takes away the voices in her head.
<quoted text>
wrong ~ I am certified sane! bet you don't have your sanity papers LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It's almost as funny as Muq trying to argue and explain science :))
<quoted text>
or you trying to be nice :):):)

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That's my point ~ how often and how regularly things change..... and whether or not you think it is legitimate, you are probably partaking in their killer chemicals.
And with all due respect to you too, at least you had the sense to realise I was posting stuff written by scientists, where as some of the posters in here thought it was my own stuff.
Actually, much of what you posted was written by journalists, some of whom also have trouble telling the difference between solid research and premature conjecture. More to the point, your scattergun approach to selecting your articles just to prove that you are serious had the opposite effect for me. The writers I respect cite articles sparsely to support points they are trying to make. They stay focused on the matters under discussion. They certainly don't spam a plethora of articles just to prop up a faltering ego.

You don't have to, either. You could relax enough to enjoy the conversation rather than trying to put yourself at the center of it. Trust me, that's not really a comfortable place anyway.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, much of what you posted was written by journalists, some of whom also have trouble telling the difference between solid research and premature conjecture. More to the point, your scattergun approach to selecting your articles just to prove that you are serious had the opposite effect for me. The writers I respect cite articles sparsely to support points they are trying to make. They stay focused on the matters under discussion. They certainly don't spam a plethora of articles just to prop up a faltering ego.
You don't have to, either. You could relax enough to enjoy the conversation rather than trying to put yourself at the center of it. Trust me, that's not really a comfortable place anyway.
Access to the periphery provides comfort.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers ~ didn't really mean to put myself at the centre of it, just wanted to prove I am not ignorant on certain topics :)

Thanks for the pointer; now perhaps, you would like to write why you believe in atheism and give us a few links, of varying content, so I might get an understanding of why you believe what you believe! But then again, no need to prove to me anything, we each find that which we seek, and I am not seeking to be an atheist LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Access to the periphery provides comfort.
Like seeing outside of the square!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Like seeing outside of the square!!
Sometimes they say, thinking outside the box.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but if not, it was my pleasure. As mentioned, I am a Tarot Reader, and when I was reading in Fairs was very popular. I love the cryptic language, or cryptic messages of the Universe, and also love help people find their inner selves, and learn how to love that which is inherent within. It is the inside that counts :)
I'm pretty sure jesus would not be very happy with that.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever had goosebumps when you are not cold? Do you comprehend what John Edwards means when he says he gets a buzzing at the base of his neck in the interview on that link?
***Are you able to turn off your psychic ability when you want to? Is it like turning off your cell phone to get some peace and quiet, like when you're having dinner?
Yes, I have to be able to turn it off. But sometimes an energy tries to get through to me when I'm "off duty." I feel a buzzing at the base of my neck. It's like I'm on eternal "vibrate" in case of an emergency.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Wellness/2003/11/Joh... ***
Gut Instinct;
Definitions
noun
an instinctive feeling, as opposed to an opinion or idea based on facts.....
Do you have any instinct or are you just all about facts?
At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challe...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes they say, thinking outside the box.
Yes; I was almost going to change it to the box, but left it as the square!! I would like to say it is a pleasure getting to know you, Catcher1, as time goes by :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure jesus would not be very happy with that.
Why? Not that you believe in Him, but why would Jesus get upset when I read Tarot cards and not get upset when people laugh at little girls getting burned to death?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challe...
Are you suggesting I offer myself up for their tests? There is more to spiritual than money and really, nothing to prove other than what you are looking for! I certainly don't mind being questioned; when one tells the truth, there is no need to fear the questions ~ it is only when one lies that doubt sets in :)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Those of us who have never spent time in a psychiatric hospitals don't require said documents. Wierd isn't it?

Take your medications my psychotic fruitcake.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>wrong ~ I am certified sane! bet you don't have your sanity papers LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Those of us who have never spent time in a psychiatric hospitals don't require said documents. Wierd isn't it?
Take your medications my psychotic fruitcake.
<quoted text>
And be hard hearted like you? I'd rather be what you call a psychotic fruitcake LOL, and have GOD in my heart and a new life in my Soul :)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

But when you pull out this strange hodge podge of articles and then show tht you really do not understand what they are saying you indeed come off as very ignorant. I realize that the mental illness you suffer from stops you from seeing that. This is why you should go back to the looney bin and get on some proper medications so you can see when you are braying like a jackass and stop the braying before it gets out of hand.

You're welcome
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers ~ didn't really mean to put myself at the centre of it, just wanted to prove I am not ignorant on certain topics :)
Thanks for the pointer; now perhaps, you would like to write why you believe in atheism and give us a few links, of varying content, so I might get an understanding of why you believe what you believe! But then again, no need to prove to me anything, we each find that which we seek, and I am not seeking to be an atheist LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 12 min NightSerf 194
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 1 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 13 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 13 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••