Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
142,161 - 142,180 of 226,141 Comments Last updated 49 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
Because it is proven that there is another realm ~ by too many to be ignored!!
Proven how?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Gracing us with your tremendous ignorance I see. I hear your god has burning little girl air freshener spray, it is his favorite scent according to your bible.
<quoted text>
You are actually despicable, but then again, I guess you work hard at it! How many of your cronies will come and laugh at your joke?? As I said, thank GOD I don't have a mental sickness that you enjoy..... and in fact, I will Pray my thanks regularly, sicko!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven how?
By too many different sources for me to post here, perhaps do a bit of research yourself, you might be surprised. Then again, you might choose not to believe all those who have experienced such communication!! I would be amazed if you had not experienced some such messages yourself, and perhaps put them down to amazing coincidences or deja vu or just ignored them altogether...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Proven how?
Serah wrote:
By too many different sources for me to post here, perhaps do a bit of research yourself
It's not *my* responsibility to do research to support *your* claim.

Are any of these sources *objective* sources?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
Proven how?
<quoted text>
It's not *my* responsibility to do research to support *your* claim.
Are any of these sources *objective* sources?
What do you mean *objective*? More *objective* than all life species originating from something either in the sea or out of it?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven how?
The twilight zone strikes again.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean *objective*? More *objective* than all life species originating from something either in the sea or out of it?
So you have no evidence to support your claims. You could have saved a lot of bytes just saying that from the start.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "Near Death Experiences" and you should get about 6,670,000 results in 0.27 seconds.

***A near-death experience (NDE) refers to a broad range of personal experiences associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body; feelings of levitation; total serenity, security, or warmth; the experience of absolute dissolution; and the presence of a light.

These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or otherwise very close to death, hence the term near-death experience. Many NDE reports, however, originate from events that are not life-threatening. With recent developments in cardiac resuscitation techniques, the number of reported NDEs has increased.[1] The experiences have been described in medical journals as having the characteristics of hallucinations,[2][3][4] while parapsychologists, religious believers and some mainstream scientists have pointed to them as evidence of an afterlife and mind-body dualism.

Popular interest in near-death experiences was initially sparked by Weiss's 1972 The Vestibule, followed by Raymond Moody's 1975 book Life After Life[9][10] and the founding of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) in 1981.[11] According to a Gallup poll, approximately eight million Americans claim to have had a near-death experience.[12] Some commentators, such as Simpson,[13] claim that the number of near-death experiencers may be underestimated. People who have had a near-death experience may not be comfortable discussing the experience with others, especially when the NDE is understood as a paranormal incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_exper... ***

While I was giving birth to my first child, they gave me too much 'gas' and knocked me totally out and into oblivion. In my oblivious state, I was traveling down a long corridor, with black and white tiles on floor wall and ceiling, so it was hard to work out what ended and started where, but there was no mistaking the direction I was heading in, which was straight ahead. They did bring me back around by slapping me across the face and calling out my name, and when I 'woke up' I poked my tongue out at them! A bit childish, perhaps, but out of my control, and perhaps I was not too happy about landing back there.

Strangely enough, in the baby photo of my daughter taken by the hospital just after she was born, she is poking out her tongue! I guess you don't believe in any of that stuff, though, and presume that everyone who has experienced them is lying, or that scientists who have other reasonable reasons for these NDE's are right....

Whatever your choice or preference, that is also what you are seeking ~ and whatever my choice or preference is that which I am seeking...... and let us hope that we each find what we are looking for :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever had goosebumps when you are not cold? Do you comprehend what John Edwards means when he says he gets a buzzing at the base of his neck in the interview on that link?

***Are you able to turn off your psychic ability when you want to? Is it like turning off your cell phone to get some peace and quiet, like when you're having dinner?

Yes, I have to be able to turn it off. But sometimes an energy tries to get through to me when I'm "off duty." I feel a buzzing at the base of my neck. It's like I'm on eternal "vibrate" in case of an emergency.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Wellness/2003/11/Joh... ***

Gut Instinct;

Definitions
noun

an instinctive feeling, as opposed to an opinion or idea based on facts.....

Do you have any instinct or are you just all about facts?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "Near Death Experiences" and you should get about 6,670,000 results in 0.27 seconds.
***A near-death experience (NDE) refers to a broad range of personal experiences associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body; feelings of levitation; total serenity, security, or warmth; the experience of absolute dissolution; and the presence of a light.
These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or otherwise very close to death, hence the term near-death experience. Many NDE reports, however, originate from events that are not life-threatening. With recent developments in cardiac resuscitation techniques, the number of reported NDEs has increased.[1] The experiences have been described in medical journals as having the characteristics of hallucinations,[2][3][4] while parapsychologists, religious believers and some mainstream scientists have pointed to them as evidence of an afterlife and mind-body dualism.
Popular interest in near-death experiences was initially sparked by Weiss's 1972 The Vestibule, followed by Raymond Moody's 1975 book Life After Life[9][10] and the founding of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) in 1981.[11] According to a Gallup poll, approximately eight million Americans claim to have had a near-death experience.[12] Some commentators, such as Simpson,[13] claim that the number of near-death experiencers may be underestimated. People who have had a near-death experience may not be comfortable discussing the experience with others, especially when the NDE is understood as a paranormal incident.
While I was giving birth to my first child, they gave me too much 'gas' and knocked me totally out and into oblivion. In my oblivious state, I was traveling down a long corridor, with black and white tiles on floor wall and ceiling, so it was hard to work out what ended and started where, but there was no mistaking the direction I was heading in, which was straight ahead. They did bring me back around by slapping me across the face and calling out my name, and when I 'woke up' I poked my tongue out at them! A bit childish, perhaps, but out of my control, and perhaps I was not too happy about landing back there.
Strangely enough, in the baby photo of my daughter taken by the hospital just after she was born, she is poking out her tongue! I guess you don't believe in any of that stuff, though, and presume that everyone who has experienced them is lying, or that scientists who have other reasonable reasons for these NDE's are right....
Whatever your choice or preference, that is also what you are seeking ~ and whatever my choice or preference is that which I am seeking...... and let us hope that we each find what we are looking for :)
Two people sticking their tongue out at the same time doesn't prove NED.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is fun, not too serious and the results are suspect.
Some of this may be valid ...not very much.
Makes good twilight zone talk, what!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people sticking their tongue out at the same time doesn't prove NED.
Didn't say it did, I just posted one of my personal experiences.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but if not, it was my pleasure. As mentioned, I am a Tarot Reader, and when I was reading in Fairs was very popular. I love the cryptic language, or cryptic messages of the Universe, and also love help people find their inner selves, and learn how to love that which is inherent within. It is the inside that counts :)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say it did, I just posted one of my personal experiences.
Your previous posts were about NED,I was just to keep you focused. You do tend to wonder mentally.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but if not, it was my pleasure. As mentioned, I am a Tarot Reader, and when I was reading in Fairs was very popular. I love the cryptic language, or cryptic messages of the Universe, and also love help people find their inner selves, and learn how to love that which is inherent within. It is the inside that counts :)
Readings are interesting, the reader often can Not know, can not Fake what she tells.

Old war on this between Harry Houdini Versus Arthur Conan Doyle.

Houdini found many fakes but do not believe all is fake.
thanks for your post

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but if not, it was my pleasure. As mentioned, I am a Tarot Reader, and when I was reading in Fairs was very popular. I love the cryptic language, or cryptic messages of the Universe, and also love help people find their inner selves, and learn how to love that which is inherent within. It is the inside that counts :)
No sarcasm. The forums are here for all. I enjoy reading and learning from other people's experiences.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Look you really just make yourself look silly. You should have listened to DF. I pity you for your clear for all to see mental illness because you can't help it. You are making a complete jackass out of yourself but are unable to see it because you're sick.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ever thought you need help just to be nice in this world? Or are you happy with your mean ego? Try taking some calming medication, they love handing it out, and it stops you from caring so much you feel the need to laugh at death and insult others!! Get help man.... and maybe the man in you will step up!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Like most mentally ill people you want to rant and rave against the pharmaceutical industry to strengthen your reasoning to not take your crazy pills. All medications have risks and side effects even Advil! Hell even vitamin c!

Go get help for your mental illness and stay on your medication.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You are actually despicable, but then again, I guess you work hard at it! How many of your cronies will come and laugh at your joke?? As I said, thank GOD I don't have a mental sickness that you enjoy..... and in fact, I will Pray my thanks regularly, sicko!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

She is a chronically mentally ill woman who hates the pharmaceutical industry because it makes the crazy pills that takes away the voices in her head.
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you certainly ramble on like an idiot loaded on some weird drugs,,LOL
bought it online have you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 394
100% Faith Free 2 hr Patrick 6
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr Patrick 5
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 3 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 6 hr Patrick 24
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr ChristineM 898
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr fadu singh 21,483
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••