Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,107)

Showing posts 142,121 - 142,140 of217,283
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.
Vladimir Lenin
If those using the church and religion were motivated by power and control and committed atrocities frequently mentioned this is their mirror image.
Lenin used atheism as a tool,his motivation being power and control. If one doesn't care for judging all Atheists by Lenins actions one should afford Christians the same courtesy.
"Communism begins where atheism begins, but atheism is at the outset still far from being communism; indeed it is still for the most part an abstraction."
Karl Marx

Please explain to me exactly what atheist propoganda is.

I do afford that to Christians. I don't judge anyone by the crimes of others.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
do you really want to know?
go 4 it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e...
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Science
Main article: Evolution
The theory of evolution states that species change over time via mutation and sexual reproduction. Since DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) can be modified only before birth, it can be argued that a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that a creature similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken eggs. These eggs then hatched into chickens that inbred to produce a living population.[13][14] Hence, in this light, both the chicken and the structure of its egg evolved simultaneously from birds that, while not of the same exact species, gradually became more and more like present-day chickens over time.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We don't believe you either.
Does that answer your question?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please we already have a measure to go by.
It was called the "dark ages".
Care to see who was responsible for more deaths?
There is at a minimum a moral equivalence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
"Communism begins where atheism begins, but atheism is at the outset still far from being communism; indeed it is still for the most part an abstraction."
Karl Marx
Please explain to me exactly what atheist propoganda is.
I do afford that to Christians. I don't judge anyone by the crimes of others.
You will have to ask Lenin what he meant by atheist propaganda in the afterlife if it exists.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to see who was responsible for more deaths?
There is at a minimum a moral equivalence.

You have no idea really , nor do I as we have nothing but propaganda to count. Perhaps you should understand the people better than you think you might. I've no doubt who caused the most death and destruction. The regimes that bore the most greed , and in them were equal in setting religion aside in achieving this end.

Because you will have remember it wasn't always governments who killed in quest for power. You will have to include the antiabortionists and Christians in Kosovo as well as Muslims who kill and Spaniards who killed natives , the Germans we killed, The Germans that killed. No my friend is is no accurate count.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea really , nor do I as we have nothing but propaganda to count. Perhaps you should understand the people better than you think you might. I've no doubt who caused the most death and destruction. The regimes that bore the most greed , and in them were equal in setting religion aside in achieving this end.
Because you will have remember it wasn't always governments who killed in quest for power. You will have to include the antiabortionists and Christians in Kosovo as well as Muslims who kill and Spaniards who killed natives , the Germans we killed, The Germans that killed. No my friend is is no accurate count.
You sound as if you may be on board with the central premise of my desire to refuse to let myself be disarmed. Humanities unfortunate willingness to revert to barbarism at a moments notice for any variety of justifications.If religion ceased to exist tomorrow,humanity would find a quick replacement to justify its barbaric nature.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to ask Lenin what he meant by atheist propaganda in the afterlife if it exists.
Which pretty much renders it meaningless. Therefore, may be dismissed
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No belief, they announced it themselves with loudspeakers and slogans on their uniforms.
"You are going for showers" the Nazi told the people being gassed.
You believe the Nazis?

A group of atheists in power who murdered millions.
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,

Removed your faux Christian Nazis :-)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the Nazis?
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Castro is Catholic for starters.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
We don't think you're silly.

We have no doubt whatsoever.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe the Nazis?
Stalin,
Lenin,
Castro,
Trotsky,
Kamenev,
Zinoviev,
Khrushchev
Brezhnev
Mao,
Not true Scotsman fallacy again? Don't you get tired of being told that it's a fallacy?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true Scotsman fallacy again? Don't you get tired of being told that it's a fallacy?
There seems to be very few on here willing to learn, listen or investigate anything that is not already programmed into their brains.

I can only hope that I am not one of those people!

Of course anyone whom I disagree with will claim that I am such a person, but I have my doubts.

Q:Did god create the universe in 6 days?
R:The only 'evidence' we have is the bible.

Q:Did god or jesus say that we are no longer under god's original laws?
R:No, just the opposite

Q:Can laws be fulfilled?
A:No, only prophecy can be fulfilled.

Q:Are guns the cause for murder?
A:I very much doubt it, but I am willing to listen. If one life lost to the misuse of a firearm, does that negate a hundred of innocent lives saved by a firearm? What is the allowable ratio?

Anything and everything is worth talking about and working to a compromise. Just because you like one thing and hate another is no reason to allow the one and disallow the other. "Liking" or "Disliking" have no bearing on any issue.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
There seems to be very few on here willing to learn, listen or investigate anything that is not already programmed into their brains.
I can only hope that I am not one of those people!
Of course anyone whom I disagree with will claim that I am such a person, but I have my doubts.
Q:Did god create the universe in 6 days?
R:The only 'evidence' we have is the bible.
Q:Did god or jesus say that we are no longer under god's original laws?
R:No, just the opposite
Q:Can laws be fulfilled?
A:No, only prophecy can be fulfilled.
Q:Are guns the cause for murder?
A:I very much doubt it, but I am willing to listen. If one life lost to the misuse of a firearm, does that negate a hundred of innocent lives saved by a firearm? What is the allowable ratio?
Anything and everything is worth talking about and working to a compromise. Just because you like one thing and hate another is no reason to allow the one and disallow the other. "Liking" or "Disliking" have no bearing on any issue.
You are certainly willing to learn, there is no doubt about that.

As for compromise, you should never compromise with a delusion, other than that, it's a good way to live. ;)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
People only think you're silly when you post things like the above. I'm an atheist but I don't get too involved in Evolution Theory debates. Do you know why? I really don't know enough about it. You and I are equally ignorant in that respect.
Doubt it .... I do read up on it and where the scientists are with their findings!! Do you? If you do, then feel qualified to comment, but of course, have some links to back you up, otherwise people will call you an idiot, or something similar!!

***Which came first, the chicken or the egg - MSNBC.com
www.msnbc.msn.com/...science-science/.../whic... -...- United States
14 Jul 2010 – "It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first,"***

Scientists are allowed to change their minds; they can kill us with their drugs and chemicals, and they have and still do, and it is put down to progress.

They are only learning what was known in the first place! And if you don't think that evolutionists believe that every life form we see evolved from the first organism, then debate it with them.

And if you don't think Darwin's theory was evolution was prevention of extinction, what do you think it is? And if you have no thoughts, don't even consider yourself 'ignorant' on the subject, you are not even that competent to be called ignorant.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

***Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.[1]

Life on Earth originated and then evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by shared DNA sequences.[2] These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.[3]

Charles Darwin and Alfred Wallace were the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. Evolution by natural selection is a process that is inferred from three facts about populations: 1) more offspring are produced than can possibly survive, 2) traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction, and 3) trait differences are heritable.[4] Thus, when members of a population die they are replaced by the progeny of parents that were better adapted to survive and reproduce in the environment in which natural selection took place. This process creates and preserves traits that are seemingly fitted for the functional roles they perform.[5] Natural selection is the only known cause of adaptation, but not the only known cause of evolution. Other, nonadaptive causes of evolution include mutation and genetic drift.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution ***

That is what I wrote, just in my words and much shorter. Same thing though, should I compliment by calling you ignoramus? Or is that too polite?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

***An instant bestseller, The Language of God provides the best argument for the integration of faith and logic since C.S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity .

It has long been believed that science and faith cannot mingle. Faith rejects the rational, while science restricts us to a life with no meaning beyond the physical. It is an irreconcilable war between two polar-opposite ways of thinking and living. Written for believers, agnostics, and atheists alike, The Language of God provides a testament to the power of faith in the midst of suffering without faltering from its logical stride. Readers will be inspired by Collin’s personal story of struggling with doubt, as well as the many revelations of the wonder of God’s creation that will forever shape the way they view the world around them.

http://www.amazon.com/Language-God-Scientist-... ***

"Collins's argument that science and faith are compatible deserves a wide hearing. It lets non-churchgoers consider spiritual questions without feeling awkward."

-- The New York Times Book Review

"The Language of God is a powerful confession of belief from one of the world's leading scientists. Refuting the tired stereotypes of hostility between science and religion, Francis Collins challenges his readers to find a unity of knowledge that encompasses both faith and reason."

-- Kenneth Miller, Brown University, author of Finding Darwin's God

http://books.simonandschuster.com.au/Language... ***

Google Francis Collins if you don't know anything about him..... but even an ignoramus such as yourself could not call him anything but brilliant; with more knowledge on how we are made up and how we work than anyone. He teaches this to other scientists.... and has a huge following!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Read much about our junk DNA or what they thought was a playground??? Useless stuff they could play about with!!

***Hidden Treasures in Junk DNA: Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
18 Sep 2012 – What was once known as junk DNA turns out to hold hidden treasures, says ... What we didn't know was just quite how extensive this was.... But even if we take quite a conservative view from our ENCODE data, we end up ...
Breakthrough study overturns theory of 'junk DNA' in genome ...
www.guardian.co.uk › Science › Genetics
5 Sep 2012 – Breakthrough study overturns theory of 'junk DNA' in genome ... Scientists know that while most cells in our body contain our entire genetic ...
Junk DNA — Not So Useless After All | TIME.com
healthland.time.com/2012/09/06/junk-dna-not-s...
6 Sep 2012 – Junk. Barren. Non-functioning. Dark matter. That's how scientists had ... between our 21000 genes, ever since our DNA was first sequenced about a ... strings of DNA into meaningful molecular words that together tell the story...****

Changed their minds --- again!!

Been interesting following them though; but I have been protecting my DNA for years and refuse to have flu injections. Any idea why I refuse to eat chemically enhanced foods or don't have their injections each year??????

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Read up on E211 much?

***The Psychic Children - The Children
www.psychicchildren.co.uk/Update1.html
Both sodium benzoate (E211) and carmoisine (E122) are directly linked to hyperactivity and can ... Cellular proteins and mitochondrial DNA are the most affected.... It gets stored and if it is not used up in exercise it turns into fat..... It is a commercial detergent and is safe in very low doses if washed off the skin, but can trigger ...
Activation of Benznidazole by Trypanosomal Type I Nitroreductases ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ›...› v.56(1); Jan 2012
by BS Hall - 2012 - Cited by 5 - Related articles
It has been proposed that benznidazole activation leads to the formation of reductive ... that can cause a series of deleterious effects, including DNA damage and thiol depletion...... parent molecular ions for an [M + H]+ of 265, eluted off the column as a doublet (Fig...... Activity recording is turned off..... 2007 Aug; 5(8):e211.

Sodium benzoate is added to soft drinks as a preservative and a bacteria-destroying agent. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America states that significant numbers of people report allergic reactions to the compound. The American Beverage Association reports another significant problem with the preservative in drinks: Soft drinks using ascorbic acid along with sodium benzoate, when slightly heated, carry the additional risk of the two ingredients combining to form a known cancer-causing compound called benzene.
Diet Soft Drinks

Sodium benzoate, also known as E211, is a major ingredient in diet soft drinks. The Center for Science in the Public Interest reports that benzoic acid has properties similar to E211 and also creates allergy problems, hives and aggravation of asthma conditions.

Diet Coke made by Coca-Cola does not contain sodium benzoate, a change that was made voluntarily by the company in 2008. Coca-Cola's other drinks, including Fanta and Sprite, continue to use E211 in production. The company states that alternatives to E211 impact preservation and change the taste of the product. Pepsi Max, as well as the diet versions of Mountain Dew, Sunkist Orange, Nestea and Nordic Mist, also continue to use the preservative throughout the world.

Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi and Lipton Diet Iced Tea have shifted to potassium benzoate and citric acid to act as preservatives in both canned and plastic-bottled soft drinks.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/256440-what...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/256440-what... ***

Did you know any of that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 142,121 - 142,140 of217,283
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••