Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,105)

Showing posts 142,081 - 142,100 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats interesting, Hitler .... gassing priests and nuns.
World War II, Sept 1 1939 Invasion of Poland;ended in 1945.
Several books on this, not difficult to read....
We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not supposed it is clear and can be shown definitively in series from the first bacteria to microbes then proto- prokaryotes evolved into prokaryotes then the split between bacteria and archaea life happened, next Photosynthesizing cyanobacteria formed stromatolites and produced enough oxygen that the atmosphere like today developed.
In what is called The Great Oxidation Event gave rise to Eukaryotic cells which made the stromatolites increase in diversity and Sexual reproduction in organisms now appear. Next Simple multicellular organisms evolve creating protozoa then a period of ice called "Snowball Earth" happened but as the Earth warmed the The Ediacaran biota appears then extinction recovers to
form the Cambrian explosion. where the first fungus and sea sponges
and corals develop, next chordates, arthropods ,echinoderms, mollusks, brachiopods, foraminifers and radiolarians, appear with the first foot prints on land. 550 mya today.
There is a steady stream in the evolution of organisms from this point on which is highly documented.
That's a fantastic theory!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something related to your point. Al Gore high priest of Global Warming sells his little cable channel to Al Jazeera and pockets $100,000,000. Who is the major stake holder in Al Jazerra? The Oil rich royal family of Qatar. Al is a phony of the highest order.
Very good, thanks!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Are you saying that Fox news gets of free while Current are muslim loving money grubbers? I'll take Qattar over KSA any day.
You can excuse an behavior s long as they share your ideology,can't you?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists like to believe the Nazis were Christian!
:-)
No belief, they announced it themselves with loudspeakers and slogans on their uniforms.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it is. And it agrees with the evidence.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't. Power and control was THE motivating factor. Eliminating all threats.
Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.
Vladimir Lenin

If those using the church and religion were motivated by power and control and committed atrocities frequently mentioned this is their mirror image.

Lenin used atheism as a tool,his motivation being power and control. If one doesn't care for judging all Atheists by Lenins actions one should afford Christians the same courtesy.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Lenin
If those using the church and religion were motivated by power and control and committed atrocities frequently mentioned this is their mirror image.
Lenin used atheism as a tool,his motivation being power and control. If one doesn't care for judging all Atheists by Lenins actions one should afford Christians the same courtesy.

Please we already have a measure to go by.

It was called the "dark ages".

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please we already have a measure to go by.
It was called the "dark ages".
And some people are stuck in it :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats interesting, Hitler .... gassing priests and nuns.
World War II, Sept 1 1939 Invasion of Poland;ended in 1945.
Several books on this, not difficult to read....
He only liked blonde haired, blue eyed Christians LOL ~ not that they matched the looks of JESUS!! Ha Ha, people have no idea that to be a Christian is to be Christ like in attitude towards oneself and man(kind) and Thou Shalt Not Kill is a Statute of GOD!! Easy to overlook the obvious when being ridiculous :)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
People only think you're silly when you post things like the above. I'm an atheist but I don't get too involved in Evolution Theory debates. Do you know why? I really don't know enough about it. You and I are equally ignorant in that respect.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.
- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933
You quote Hitler.
Do you believe him?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
People only think you're silly when you post things like the above. I'm an atheist but I don't get too involved in Evolution Theory debates. Do you know why? I really don't know enough about it. You and I are equally ignorant in that respect.
I'd be careful how you throw around the "e" word.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
This is just a mess.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote Hitler.
Do you believe him?
We don't believe you either.
Does that answer your question?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> You can excuse an behavior s long as they share your ideology,can't you?
Not sure what you mean.
Loren Eberly

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ford Markets Cost of Paying Stockholders $28 Million:

Ford marketed cost in wholesale and retail price of Ford products and service of paying Ford Stockholders (money marketers)$28 million.

This is needed to measure and maintain the strength and growth of this UNAFFORDABLE economy and distribute money Human Beings cannot digest, burn in internal combustion engines, or burn to heat and cool their American Dream into Ford Stockholders portfolios.

Ford holding consumers of Ford product and service accountable to pay the $28 million Ford marketed in the wholesale and retail price of Ford product and service; That gets only Ford product and service; Is defiant of demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding Ford and every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay for Ford product and service and pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands makes it IMPOSSIBLE for President Obama and Congress to avoid fiscal cliff. Makes free, fair, and affordable commerce IMPOSSIBLE; Makes funding schools IMPOSSIBLE; Makes balancing every budget IMPOSSIBLE; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohio’s $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. America’s grandchildren’s children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old.

America’s grandchildren’s children cannot afford life and pay this debt with the $7.25 per hour Government mandated labor wage in a hundred million years.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Lenin
"Communism begins where atheism begins, but atheism is at the outset still far from being communism; indeed it is still for the most part an abstraction."
Karl Marx

Please explain to me exactly what atheist propoganda is.

I do afford that to Christians. I don't judge anyone by the crimes of others.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Imagination overboard LOL!! Still can't explain how a chicken became a chicken or a rooster became a rooster and that the chicken can produce eggs, but the rooster can't!! But they have proved that the chicken came before the egg! And why some birds fly but others can't! Evolution is supposed to be the ability to adapt to survive the dangers presented to each species, and yet the Lion has not overcome man(kind) and nor has the Elephant, all of which also evolved from the same 'original' life form as per that posting. And they think I am silly!!!
do you really want to know?
go 4 it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 142,081 - 142,100 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 min Buck Crick 21,375
Our world came from nothing? 12 min Thinking 162
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 min Thinking 353
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 min Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 2 hr Patrick 1,285
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 2 hr Carchar king 4
Introducing The Universal Religion 3 hr Thinking 729
•••
•••