Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,881 - 141,900 of 225,586 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
TLC

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a truly sadistic person. That's not a good thing.
You are truly a stupid person.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not under the burden to provide evidence, but you are under the burden and enslavement of requiring evidence, you stupid ass atheist. You need to learn that or else your anger will continue to erupt.
If I were an atheist,(not stupid enough to be one), by now I think I would give up on ever getting the evidence I NEED, leave the trap I'm stuck in requiring and BEGGING for proof , and live life comfortable believing there is no God. But you just simply can't do that because you are weak and can't muster up enough faith to move on with your atheism in confidence.
I find this hilarious.!!!!
It is because YOU KNOW YOU ARE WRONG!!! You just don't have the ability to comprehend how much you are making an ass out of yourself.
If atheists were as rational as they claim to be, then continuously tying up there time asking for proof of God would seem....well,....irrational. Can your science not keep you fulfilled enough? Is it not satisfying your religion of atheism enough?
I find it also silly for you atheists to be asking for proof of God when countless times I've seen so many of you claim boldly that you know for a FACT that God does not exist. Then you turn right around and ask for proof, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I guess you now see who the nimwits are.....YOU.
You are not only lying but ignorant as you rant and rant.
So in other words, you think we should give you a free pass. Nope, I won't buy medicine without evidence that it works, no way I'm buying a notion without evidence either. Provide evidence or admit your assertions are nothing but opinion, if you do neither then you are delusional by the definition of what delusion is. You don't get a free pass.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly a stupid person.
Meh, if that was true, it's better than being as sadistic and cruel as you are. I'm still golden compared to you.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there's no way you're Lesbo's sock.

hmmm lesbian rubber, how does this work?
TLC

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you think we should give you a free pass. Nope, I won't buy medicine without evidence that it works, no way I'm buying a notion without evidence either. Provide evidence or admit your assertions are nothing but opinion, if you do neither then you are delusional by the definition of what delusion is. You don't get a free pass.
Nothing you have is free. You're going to have to pay dearly for everything you have.

What I have though is free.....HIs name is Jesus.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you have is free. You're going to have to pay dearly for everything you have.
What I have though is free.....HIs name is Jesus.
So you think you can be vile, hateful, destructive, and it's all okay because you claim to believe in this imaginary being?

You are a dangerous person who should be medicated, because that is what we call a psychopath.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm lesbian rubber, how does this work?
Not sure how that would work ...

... not that I want to know ... really, just saying it seems somehow ... wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Feel free to ask the CIA how and where and when they get their data.
And yes that is the United States Central Intelligent agencies.
That those numbers did come from there.
He likes to protest while trying to appear intelligent and pretending to have some position of knowledge. The tricky part is he thinks someone should actually believe he has anything beyond a condescending and trivial
viewpoint in a heavily biased and matter of fact fact way.
Though you maybe wrong and though the CIA maybe wrong, these facts will never make him right. Which he hardly ever is beyond a literary
sense.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do a really good job covering the issue of gun control. Perhaps you should stick with it and let go of this other. At least with gun control you bring in valid points to the argument. With Atheism you just donít have much to say other than a few off the shelf remarks.
Iím not trying to insult you here. Iím just pointing out your much stronger in one area than the other. I was raised up with guns. But I have gotten rid of all my guns except one.
My Son in Houston has been the opposite of myself. He is a gun loving fool. He is also a sportsman that loves to hunt and fish. Shooting is a serious hobby with some folks.
In my younger days for stress relief I would take my 357 to a indoor shooting range. Thereís nothing like shooting a 357 indoors. The dust at the top of the ceiling would let go and fall. You could feel the energy hit you in the face when the hammer came down.
Hopefully our country can come to grips with some reasonable gun control that keeps guns out of the hands of the crazies.
Anyone who says, "They are not wise enough, smart enough, open enough, to our ideas.", they are using the "The Emperor's New Clothes" ploy.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
First: the evidence has been presented enough time. "It don't take me too long to look at a horse shoe. "
Second: evidence is not proof, I did not say I had proof.
Evidence leads to proof. The supernatural has no evidence to support it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who says, "They are not wise enough, smart enough, open enough, to our ideas.", they are using the "The Emperor's New Clothes" ploy.
I keep forgetting about the name of that one.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. can you play the pastor in our video ??..
I'd like to cast Aura, too.

But no guns.

OK Aura?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to cast Aura, too.
But no guns.
OK Aura?
Knives it is then :)

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Knives it is then :)
Knives are ok.

No firearms though.

:)

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You really found all this out about the "a study by Georgetown University's Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA),"
Wow that's some good work. Please show me the links where it shows this.
You have gone all out I must say.
I do have like 20 surveys all showing the round about same numbers.
Most have been scoffed at because of the sources. So I've been limited to the CIA and Pew and Encyclopedia Britannica survey.
I began with your link to the Christian Post:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-athei...

From there, I went to CARA's web site to look for the study. http://cara.georgetown.edu/ When I didn't find it among the 2012 articles, I followed the link to Mark Gray's blog:

http://nineteensixty-four.blogspot.com/2012/0...

There I found all of the data that had been in the article, making it obvious that the blog was the CP article's source. I was already familiar with the CIA Factbook as I use it from time to time despite its lack of reference to sources.

I also couldn't help but notice that your primary and unreferenced source is Conservapedia, with was created to provide an ideologically based alternative to Wikipedia, which reflects Stephen Colbert's witty observation that"reality has a well known liberal bias" from founder Andrew Shlafly's point of view. It's a risky source, especially when looking at articles on any of Slafly's hot-button issues, of which this is one. The article on the demographics of atheism is more of an editorial than an encyclopedia entry. Conservapedia sometimes cherry-picks its sources to support their bias rather than review the body of research to discover the truth. It's not a good source.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Knives are ok.
No firearms though.
So I can bring my grenade launcher! Woohoo!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

TLC wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'll have to say is "Good-bye".
Bye bye

Zai Jian

Ba bye

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Knives are ok.
No firearms though.
I have a whip.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a whip.
OK you.

And Kitten too.

Good night.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the label of "god" is an adjective, not a proper noun. Get over yourself. Your god is no more privileged than the other thousands of gods, because your god has the same amount of evidence as those others.
The word "god" is always a noun as far as I can tell, but when it is used with either the definite or indefinite article or with a possessive, it is quite proper to use it without capitalization. When it is used as a name, though, it becomes a proper noun and should be capitalized as such. For example:

No god worthy of worship would require a man to sacrifice his son.

I killed them because God told me to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••