Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,781 - 141,800 of 224,710 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that God cannot do something that is a violation of his own existence and nature.
So he's not omnipotent.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No I refuse to repeat myself. I'm sorry you missed it on the first 3 or 4 times that it was posted.
So far you have not presented any evidence. So presenting evidence would be a first, not a repetition.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, you would say that about your deity.
Incredible, isn't it?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hitler didn't screen for mental health , he screened for potential enemies, if you were not a Nazi, you were the enemy.
It started with disarming the Jews, then calling anyone who was not a Nazi a communist.
It was easy to locate and raid anyone who was potentially a threat to his regime from inside because of the reregistration.
Yes he did

The Eugenics movement and Arian ideal tempered his view

Within 6 months of him becoming chancellor compulsory sterilisation for “mental defectives” was brought into law in Germany.

Thas was some years before his downer on Jews

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to need to work on making access to mental health care at least as easy as access to a gun. We're going to need to look more closely at a culture that all too often glorifies guns and violence. And any actions we must take must begin inside the home and inside our hearts.
I don’t know about the US but in the UK a persons health records are restricted and will remain so.

As to how the open access to guns is solved I really don’t know, in the UK it was made law by the will of the majority. Contrary to popular US belief one can still own a rifle (not a handgun) but you must obtain a licence first. The thing is the majority of people don’t want one, cant be bothered, what’s the point unless target shooting is a hobby. And of course many see such a weapon as an invitation for a criminal to arm himself and be prepared to overcome such resistance

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did
The Eugenics movement and Arian ideal tempered his view
Within 6 months of him becoming chancellor compulsory sterilisation for “mental defectives” was brought into law in Germany.
Thas was some years before his downer on Jews
I suppose there was no end to his insanity.
There's a difference in screening to help a person and screening to eliminate them. But I much thought it was Aryan features he screened for in creating the Hitler youth program. His attempt was to create the blue eyed blond race. I guess if you had brown eyes you were faulty. But most of this was done by a guy under Hitler I think? Kurt Gruber And Mengle probably others.

KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text> http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

Can't you make one point without invoking a fallacy. Let's look at the "majority" track record.

When Adolf said "let's torture Jewish people to death," the majority of Germans thought that was a good idea ... and the majority of the world thought it was none of their business, until he threatened to take over the world.

During the Crusades, a majority of the people thought the church knew what it was doing. So they killed a bunch of "brown" people who were minding their own business. Now the majority of those people blame the US for these slights, go figure.

The majority of the people thought the Inquisitors knew what they were doing, which resulted in the torture and death of a lot of innocent people.

The majority of England thought the US should be under English rule. So the US fought back. Then the majority of the US thought black people were less than human and should be slaves. Once they were freed the majority of the US thought they were still less than human and thus deserved no rights. Nice track record there.

The majority of Ancient Egyptians thought the pharaohs were demi-gods, so much that they took what they said as law even though the priests and preistesses were actually pulling the strings.

The majority of the world's population thought human sacrifices were a great thing for a few thousand years.

The majority thought the Earth was flat.

The majority thought lightning was some magical power of the gods.

The majority thought you could use your hands to wipe your butt.

Not a very good track record for the majority, it's more often wrong than correct, so if you want to pull that fallacy, it actually makes your religion look like a really bad idea.
It's no fallacy Them's the facts.
I didn't write those surveys I didn't supervise those surveys. I simply quoted those surveys.

Just like I'm quoting some atheist who claim everyone is born an atheist in this post below.

2.3% what a joke your religion is!

You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population that is atheist is at 2.3%.

That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!

WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?

Man you're not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting your own quote doesn't make it more valid. Gun crime in the US is miles above any other country, the solution is the remove guns.
Its a pity the spoilt toddler that is the the US, won't let mommy reason take the toy away after they killed someone with it.
Perhaps the problem is that basic moral education was substituted with religious cr*p and that's what makes you folk so f*cking stupid when it comes to guns.
If the solution is to remove the guns then explain Sweden. Maybe you could explain why some one from UK cares about US gun laws anyway..
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>Is it a popup book?

Those are the best.
LOL!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The point is... Make a law banning guns then only criminals will have guns.
Is that kind of like when you're looking for something and it's always in the last place you looked? After all why keep looking once you found it. If guns we outlawed then yes anyone with a gun would be breaking the law even if the owner never planed on using it for any other criminal intent.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>You are sparking research on new and indestructible irony meters.

The current models are no match for you.
Funny how atheist believe there is no God yet they all seem to believe in a gadget called an irony meters.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Yes however civilisation has progressed over 300+ years, most civilisations anyway.

Does my country have any say in disarming your country? I can make my opinion known just as you can, thatÂ’s freedom for you. The difference is that in your country I do not get a vote.

So your idea of freedom is to limit the type of weapon to those who you think should be allowed to carry them – fine… How about the guy down the road with the semi automatic over the fire in his lounge and the shotgun on display in the back window of his suv who likes to drink until he’s falling over drunk every Friday night, does he not get a say in this?

You also seem to be in favour of “compulsory” screening to see if one is fit to carry a firearm, where is the freedom in that? Double standards or what?

Try looking up the definition of amendment FYI CHANGE. ItÂ’s down to the will of the people as to whether the majority of guns are removed from the public. It can never be all guns, there will always be some few (even in the UK) who consider unregistered guns to be a turn on (or big them up to their gang) but that goes into the realms of obsession and you cant legislate against that.

The manner in which America's crime rate compared to other countries of similar wealth and development depends on the nature of the crime used in the comparison.[30] Overall crime statistic comparisons are difficult to conduct, as the definition of crimes significant enough to be published in annual reports varies across countries. Thus an agency in a foreign country may include crimes in its annual reports which the United States omits.
Some countries such as Canada, however, have similar definitions of what constitutes a violent crime, and nearly all countries had the same definition of the characteristics that constitutes a homicide. Overall the total crime rate of the United States is similar to that of other highly developed countries. Some types of reported property crime in the U.S. survey as lower than in Germany or Canada, yet the homicide rate in the United States is substantially higher.
Endquote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_Uni...

Aura Mytha wrote, "<quoted text> Oh but you want to impose on my freedom just two post ago ?
Hypocrite much? "

Three posts – your freedom to wear a seat belt? Look, if you don’t want to wear a seat belt that up to you but don’t come crying to me when some p|sshead rams you head on and you wife and kids are mutilated in the devastation.
Yes the homicide rate in the United States is substantially higher. But only because of the first amendment freedom of speech. If some people would just shut and not piss everyone off they would not be getting shot!

Take Septic for instants.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that kind of like when you're looking for something and it's always in the last place you looked? After all why keep looking once you found it. If guns we outlawed then yes anyone with a gun would be breaking the law even if the owner never planed on using it for any other criminal intent.
Oh, mean like the drug war.. or is it the war on terrorism.. or is it the war on childhood obesity?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Why?
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how atheist believe there is no God yet they all seem to believe in a gadget called an irony meters.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how atheist believe there is no God yet they all seem to believe in a gadget called an irony meters.
I used to believe in irony meters.

But you just keep breaking them.

I don't believe in them any more.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't write those surveys I didn't supervise those surveys. I simply quoted those surveys.
Just like I'm quoting some atheist who claim everyone is born an atheist in this post below.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population that is atheist is at 2.3%.
97.7%!!!!!!!
So, you didn't even look at what the fallacy is that you are employing. You are using a fallacy, end of story.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
97.7%!!!!!!!
And if the religulous would stop pushing their religion on children BEFORE they have reached an age where they can reason for themselves, that number would more than likely be a whole lot different.

All you've shown is how effective religious brainwashing is when they have immature minds to work with.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that funny?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't. How can you have any morals if you don't believe in irony meters? You heathen.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't. How can you have any morals if you don't believe in irony meters? You heathen.
It was the Sausage Monster that made him say it, don't blame him for it, we shall ask the holy noodles to bless him for his blasphemy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••