Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,073)

Showing posts 141,441 - 141,460 of217,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147230
Jan 5, 2013
 
I don't believe that paper. The Daily Mail was the only UK paper to support the fascists in the 1930s. Do you have another link?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But so Brits?
Here this may interest you and stir some of that British pride.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22397...
Damn I love have one of those!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147231
Jan 5, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "precious" instead of "previous." One letter difference, and they're right next to each other on the keyboard, and since they're both real words there as no spellcheck highlighting. I said "my precious post!" ROFLMAO
I get those all the time! Thanks to Spell Check, the wrong word is correctly spelled!

I read that, or tried to read that, several times and I missed it each time.:(

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147232
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But so Brits?
Here this may interest you and stir some of that British pride.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22397...
Damn I love have one of those!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20515659

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-british-fa...
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147233
Jan 5, 2013
 
Thank you- yes, it's a great story. I've been following it for a while. Hope they're actually there... Luckily, I live near Strike Command so I get to hear the Merlin engine quite a bit.
Aura Mytha wrote:

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147234
Jan 5, 2013
 
I will pity you regardless as you are a very sick woman who obviously suffers from tremendous mental illness. Now we can clearly put your random nutty posts in proper perspective.

I mean honestly you come off sounding like a loon, even by theist standards. Perhaps you need to get your medication adjusted again?
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No need to pity me, but your idea of pity is a bit strange anyway. "1. sympathetic or kindly sorrow evoked by the suffering, distress"......
Perhaps it is something you are working on LOL :)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147235
Jan 5, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Rapid depressurization of an enclosed structure alters it's weight very quickly. The wings of a jet are designed for a specific weight, with some variance but not that much. It would put stress on the wings as well as push the craft into a tailspin or barrel roll, the escaping gas has the same force as a small jet engine. A barrel roll would snap both wings off, because of the changing weight. Then you also have a deformation of the fuselage, which would shift the air currents around it causing even more erratic movement. Of course all of this depends on the size and location of the hole created, but you get the idea, it's a lot of variables and very few golden scenarios.
A bullet hole is very small.

Even shooting through a window would not cause explosive decompression.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147236
Jan 5, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Rapid depressurization of an enclosed structure alters it's weight very quickly. The wings of a jet are designed for a specific weight, with some variance but not that much. It would put stress on the wings as well as push the craft into a tailspin or barrel roll, the escaping gas has the same force as a small jet engine. A barrel roll would snap both wings off, because of the changing weight. Then you also have a deformation of the fuselage, which would shift the air currents around it causing even more erratic movement. Of course all of this depends on the size and location of the hole created, but you get the idea, it's a lot of variables and very few golden scenarios.
Have you ever seen the video of a 707 doing a barrel roll?

Google it. A properly executed barrel roll doesn't over stress a wing. And the change of weight of air is insignificant compared to the change of weight due to fuel burn.

There was also a case of a jetliner that blew out a whole section of fuselage that landed safely. A couple of people did get sucked out of that one, but the plane did not do what you said it would.

Also, the escaping air, even from an entire window blowing out has nowhere near the thrust of a jet engine. I don't know where you heard that. Even a shotgun blast would not cause that kind of effect. There was a holders plane that suffered an explosive decompression a few years back due to failure of a valve in the pressurization system. It flew on autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed.

Your scenario only happens in the movies.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147237
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>No but it is the level of reality you should consider.
I watch movies for that.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147238
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen the video of a 707 doing a barrel roll?

Google it. A properly executed barrel roll doesn't over stress a wing. And the change of weight of air is insignificant compared to the change of weight due to fuel burn.

There was also a case of a jetliner that blew out a whole section of fuselage that landed safely. A couple of people did get sucked out of that one, but the plane did not do what you said it would.

Also, the escaping air, even from an entire window blowing out has nowhere near the thrust of a jet engine. I don't know where you heard that. Even a shotgun blast would not cause that kind of effect. There was a holders plane that suffered an explosive decompression a few years back due to failure of a valve in the pressurization system. It flew on autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed.

Your scenario only happens in the movies.
"Holders"="golf ers".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147239
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Holders"="golf ers".
A picture of a Boeing 737 with fuselage blown out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_F...

Payne Stewart crash due to decompression:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakot...

Quantas 747 lands safely after explosive decompression:

http://www.euronews.com/2008/07/25/qantas-747...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147240
Jan 5, 2013
 
Good article on explosive decompression on a Southwest Airlines flight:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42434710/ns/trave...

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147241
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're pretty clueless as to what a bullet will do to a pressurized aircraft, eh?
While its not like what they depict in movies, with everybody getting sucked out the windows, it would entail oxygen masks and emergency descent at best.
I'm pretty sure air Marshalls use a light load and frangible rounds.
I sure as hell don't want some redneck yahoo with the brains of a tick carrying a loaded weapon aboard any plane I'm on.
Then enjoy your time with the terrorists.

You think they'll treat you better than a rednek.....

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147242
Jan 5, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ossuary-ho...
Disproven. Sad that you that naive! What next you gonna bring up the shroud of Turin?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
You should remain silent and let people ponder your idiocy rater than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?

A news article?

no, wait - A news article from San Fransisco?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! !!!!!!

<COUGH>

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147243
Jan 5, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
For the dozenth time Josephus and Tacitus among several others. Yes te same two guys Christians love to use as secular historians for Jesus also wrote about Hercules and they wrote much more about Hercules and on greater detail.
Again these are Jewish historians who did not worship the Hellenistic gods and both verify Hercules.
Not opinion. Fact.
Oh and you can't use the argument that people today still worship Jesus because you already totally discounted the temples and statues built for Hercules by worshippers of him as proof that he existed so naturally we will hold Jesus to the same standard.
So all things judged equally we have by far more historical proof for Hercules than we have for Jesus.
That's nice.
I meant present evidence, not your worthless opinion.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147244
Jan 5, 2013
 
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are right, and it is always best to keep your feet on the ground :)
It's hard to play basketball that way.

...or lay in bed :)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147245
Jan 5, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then enjoy your time with the terrorists.
You think they'll treat you better than a rednek.....
I'm not entirely sure about that.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147246
Jan 5, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to play basketball that way.
...or lay in bed :)
Lie, RR, not lay.

Hey, early Saturday shift?

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147247
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
A picture of a Boeing 737 with fuselage blown out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_F...
Payne Stewart crash due to decompression:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakot...
Quantas 747 lands safely after explosive decompression:
http://www.euronews.com/2008/07/25/qantas-747...
You should see the movie "Flight". You'd probably like it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147248
Jan 5, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should see the movie "Flight". You'd probably like it.
It's on my list.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147249
Jan 5, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
It's on my list.
Don't watch it with kids, there's boobies & bush 2 minutes into it...

Just a friendly warning.

Good movie - John Goodman was hilarious & Denzel is the man, as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,441 - 141,460 of217,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••