Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,381 - 141,400 of 226,131 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to prove your god before you open your trap again god liar.
Nice....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts in the USA are different. Crimes are judged largely on the amount of wealth and power you have.
A poor person is more likely to be imprisoned than a middle-class person and the wealthy are rarley convincted, and those that are will usually be put in luxury hotels that are prisons only in name.
Yeah; happens down here too! Makes me sick hearing about how the rich get off and the poor do the time. We, the people do protest, and a few times the government has had to act when it is considered 'gross misconduct' and re-try the person. One time, a well known lawyer was out drinking and dining for quite a few hours, and on his way home, ran over and killed a man cycling home to his family. He took off, hired himself a lawyer, hid for many hours until he had sobered up and then gave himself up. He was re-tried, but got off again....

***Xenophon: Hit-run lawyer Eugene McGee must face tribunal ...
www.adelaidenow.com.au/...eugene-mcgee.../sto... -...
18 Feb 2012 – HIT-RUN lawyer Eugene McGee avoided penalties for killing a man and it's ... it difficult for the prosecution to find a lawyer to take on the case.***

The people who were in the car behind him stopped and cared for the man, who was already dead, while that chicken heart took off.

But there is no fooling GOD!!

***Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.***
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
What did I do?
Explain or I'll sick Eagle on you.
He'll attack with sentence fragments, you know.
what do you attack with, "NIT WIT"? You queer douchebag.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"jack13 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right on! Before people starts to claim athiests have "faith", they should look up the word "faith." "
Merriam - Webster
Faith : firm belief in something for which there is no proof.
be·lieve:
1 a : to have a firm religious faith
b : to accept something as true
athe·ist: one who believes that there is no deity
re·li·gion:
: commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
Atheist is a religion.
They even have their own church.
"Posted else where by derek4
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
in church you find only simple minded folk,

most atheists prefer INTELIGENT friends..LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I can neither confirm nor deny,
that what I've said is truth or lie,
it is what it is, whatever it was,
because I say "because because".
(I'm going to speak in rhymes and riddles to you from now on)
WHAT THE BLUMIN' HELL?!?!!!!

Tell me the answer, I want to know! Please!!!

If u do i'll reply back in hindi, then we'll see who is confused!:-p
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But you continue to murder each other, you only have reduce the means. As an added bonus you have no ability to resist anything I could take over your country by politics alone , you effectively eliminated any opposition outside Parliament.
This means you have NO CHOICE AND no ability to resist....
HAHAHA

YOU could WHAT???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
What did I do?
Explain or I'll sick Eagle on you.
He'll attack with sentence fragments, you know.
Instead of helping me with the 'Tide' thing, i mean the poem he wrote, u kept taking the mickey! u know the answer, I know u know it and U know u know it.

What the hell does "sick" mean? I never heard anyone use it in that context!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorists took over 4 planes with box cutters.....
It is indeed the action of the person or people who commit murder, breaking the Statute of GOD as they do. Some care not for GOD, as such, for they have no belief nor understanding of HIM, but find GOD when they are locked away in solitude. Not all find GOD, some go to their deaths the very criminals they were at the beginning of their solace. Those who do are happy that they did find GOD and it shows by their new reasons and actions for living. They become better people. There are many reasons why we should not Judge people, unless we are learned and appointed people in fair and equal Law.

I am on hold at the moment to my internet, phones & Fox provider; and the waiting time is 12 minutes. This is my second time around,'cause the first time I got cut off just as I was being transferred. Telstra now have offices all around the world, so they provide 24 hour service, which is a grand thing, because through the week would probably be twice as long.

When I heard the phone line disconnect, my first thought was "Dear GOD" and out of frustration. It made me recall the postings last night, and I thought of how I would have reacted if I was in my early 20's, still new on the road to Humility. I probably would have sworn....in fact, more probable chance I would have, than wouldn’t have. We also have a saying down here; “Strewth”

***strewth.(UK, Australia, New Zealand) A mild oath expressing surprise or generally adding emphasis. Strewth! I guess I&#8242;ve been too trigger happy!***

I posted this link due to the trigger happy bit, and thought it also fits the picture of that which I am saying but more importantly, that which others have been writing about. I don’t like to get into the gun debate, not ever having been involved with guns, I have no knowledge of their need to people.

“Struth” is an abbreviation of “GOD’s Truth” and an old saying when someone died was “So and so gave up his/her ghost” and that was what is written when Abraham gave up his ghost in some versions of the Bible. New versions write,“took his last breath” which doesn’t present the same picture to mind.

I grew up in a Church and Sunday going family, and I loved Sunday School. I had been baptized as a Baby, and was again Baptized when I was 13 by my own choice, but in reality, I have no Church or Religion that I feel comfortable completely with, which is why my Church is my Home and my Temple is my Body.

I would much rather be the person I am today, quietly thinking “Dear GOD” than the one who would have sworn in the days gone by. I also usually manage to find a Scripture that suits my need, after the thought, so somehow or another, I have given myself enough knowledge of the Bible to suit my need.

I have also written much about Prayer and Faith, in my journal that was once a book, and when I re-edit my book, as I do each time I have grown or changed in thoughts, I will also include my postings about thoughts of GOD and our reactions because in reflection, or hind sight, I am thankful to have had GOD with me throughout my life time experiences; Blessings of Peace to us all, Serah

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

SCIENCEandRELIGION EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>You Scientists and supporters of mad Science make evil stuff, care to talk about it.
We all know Religions nuts are evil, lets talk about your evil mad Scientist and how it ruined world...
It was hard finding a post to reply to, and I scrolled by quite a few, and thought this one was as entertaining as any, and your avatar name as an understanding ring about it.

Actually, I have forgotten what I was going to write, after reading the postings, but will post this anyway; with the birds are singing and the sun is shining, for which I thank GOD :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other factors to consider, as I said in the precious post, few golden scenarios. I wasn't talking about people being "sucked" out either. ;)
I'm still on hold to Telstra, and when I started writing my last posting about Dear GOD, it was 12:18pm and I had already been on hold for about 15 minutes.... it is now 12:36 but I have talked to 2 people, and now one is supposedly checking out something. Have I been cut off? Do I keep on holding, listening to music which is extremely boring, or hang up & start again? I am considering the factors and the variables, and for now, will hang on!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of helping me with the 'Tide' thing, i mean the poem he wrote, u kept taking the mickey! u know the answer, I know u know it and U know u know it.
What the hell does "sick" mean? I never heard anyone use it in that context!
Sick was a misspelling of sic while moderately intoxicated.

It means to incite a dog to attack, basically.

And no, I don't know the answer any more than you do, Clementine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick was a misspelling of sic while moderately intoxicated.
It means to incite a dog to attack, basically.
And no, I don't know the answer any more than you do, Clementine.
U called Eagle a dog? ummmm...I'm tellin'!

How the hell would u have gotten Eagle to attack me? He might be a fanatic but i don't think he's that bad, that he would attack me, would he?

Well, that makes me feel better. Now that I know I'm not alone, I don't feel lonely!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U called Eagle a dog? ummmm...I'm tellin'!
How the hell would u have gotten Eagle to attack me? He might be a fanatic but i don't think he's that bad, that he would attack me, would he?
Well, that makes me feel better. Now that I know I'm not alone, I don't feel lonely!
No, it was metaphorical.

And, of course if he does attack I will protect you.

(But without a firearm.)

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
WHAT THE BLUMIN' HELL?!?!!!!
Tell me the answer, I want to know! Please!!!
If u do i'll reply back in hindi, then we'll see who is confused!:-p
My poem was about risk, inspired by the recent gun debates. If you have a lot to lose, personal property and children, it's not going to matter what the laws are, you have more to lose than someone with nothing. It is also about priorities, what one person is willing to risk in order to secure something else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My poem was about risk, inspired by the recent gun debates. If you have a lot to lose, personal property and children, it's not going to matter what the laws are, you have more to lose than someone with nothing. It is also about priorities, what one person is willing to risk in order to secure something else.
Oh sh*t! That was staring me in the face, I thought it had some hidden msg!

That's very good, keep it up!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was metaphorical.
And, of course if he does attack I will protect you.
(But without a firearm.)
lol, if u say so.

Aww, my hero!*fluttering eyelashes*

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
Oh sh*t! That was staring me in the face, I thought it had some hidden msg!
That's very good, keep it up!!!
You try one!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, if u say so.
Aww, my hero!*fluttering eyelashes*
Your wish is my command.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wish is my command.
What if her wish is you protect her with a gun?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I held on until the end ~ followed my gut feeling and received a $197 credit plus a $10 a month loyalty credit!! Sort of like a gift from GOD in my eyes; believing in GOD and writing about GOD while I was waiting gave me $10 a month.. maybe not much in $ value, but a whole heap valuable in 'mean' time :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 8 min NightSerf 6
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 12 min Reason Personified 3
Our world came from nothing? 24 min Reason Personified 391
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr Patrick 24
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr ChristineM 898
100% Faith Free 4 hr Patrick 4
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr fadu singh 21,483
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••