Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,067)

Showing posts 141,321 - 141,340 of223,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
Vladimir Lenin
Not quite accurate, actually. Two well trained persons could take out a person with a gun very well. The problem is that most people lack the time in their lives for such training.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite accurate, actually. Two well trained persons could take out a person with a gun very well. The problem is that most people lack the time in their lives for such training.
Terrorists took over 4 planes with box cutters.....

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Its proven that your population cannot be trusted with handguns.
Thats what the stats and the headlines show.
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
First you need to sh*t the f*ck up. There are no further steps creationist.
You need to watch Jack's Big Music Show.

It will calm you down.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If original intent is your criteria:
Dynamite is mainly used in the mining, quarrying, construction, and demolition industries, and it has had some historical usage in warfare. However the unstable nature of nitroglycerin, especially if subjected to freezing, has rendered it obsolete for military uses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite
Since TNT was not invented to kill people, why is it against the law for me to buy it?
TNT, along with other explosives, is a very useful substance, but it is also too dangerous in the hands of the untrained and unskilled to allow unlicensed personnel to have access to it. Nor are there any non-industrial uses for it that I can think of. Firearms are less dangerous and more useful for the general population and can be used effectively with far less training. They are also the weapons of choice when crimes are being committed, and homicide rates tend to be lower for societies in which they are less available.

It all comes back to the basic tradeoff between security and personal freedom. I tend to lean more toward the latter, which is why I dislike many of the provisions of the so-called Patriot Act. I don't own any firearms, but I'm comfortable with the fact that many of my friends and acquaintances do and that some have carry permits. But it does make sense to clearly define where the line between the two is drawn.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if you have a mental paddy you are capable of any act, if you carry a gun that makes the mayhem you can cause so much easier (and incidentally more removed from reality)
Itís hard to murder someone in cold blood when you do not have a weapon to do it for you second hand.
Personally I donít need to worry that some dipshit freebird with personal issues is packing and on the edge of shooting my childen
What you worry about is up to you.
You're delusional. I for one am grateful you don't have a gun.But then your type prefers to use government to infringe on the rights of those you disagree with,the law be damned.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Give a boy a squirt gun.

And he will shoot the girls on the nipples every time.

Squirt guns donít shoot girls on their nipples.

Boys do.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no surprise we are different. We believe in peace through superior firepower. We can test your hypothesis , when mad drug crazed lunatic lunges at you with a gun you can hold up your protest sign. I however will reserve the right to defend myself as my forefathers did. Anything less is not American and is not in our best interest.
Now I am not without sympathy for the problem we have , but your idea is historically led to nothing but a powerless and benign subculture of groupies that would instead of charging the enemy
in fact run and beg for mercy and lose all sovereignty to ruthless dictators.
I am not against the ownership and proper use of firearms, but sloppy thinking about the issue does not help to define what is proper and what is not. You seem to be projecting a hypothesis on me that I have never articulated. Protest sign? Where did you get that? Calling a fire arm a "device for delivering a projectile to a target at high speed" is a diversionary semantic tactic. You own belief in peace through superior firepower show that you don't really define them that way either.

There is a difference between force and violence, and force, even deadly force, is sometimes, but rarely, a necessary response to violence. Peace does not come about because of superior firepower but because most people prefer peace over violent conflict. That's why the homicide rate in the U.S., while higher than Canada or the U.K., is still quite low--4.8 per 100,000 in 2010. With or without guns, we could all kill others if we chose to do so. All but an incredibly tiny minority choose not to. smaller but still overwhelming majorities choose not to victimize others in any way at all. Peace comes from that choice, not firepower.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorists took over 4 planes with box cutters.....
A good example of how training and practice can accomplish more than a weapon itself, yes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example of how training and practice can accomplish more than a weapon itself, yes.
Ya, the civilians on those 4 planes should've been armed. Then the terrorists would've accomplished nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Give a boy a squirt gun.
Boys do.
Guns don't kill people,
husbands that come home early do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
Give a boy a squirt gun.
Boys do.
Guns don't kill people,
dangerous minorities do.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are always "throwbacks" and various flaws in the development of the brain which do cause such, yes. But in general, humans want to do what's right by the species, even if they don't want to actually figure out what's right through logic.
As demonstrated in Darfur? In Bosnia? In China? Germany? The USSR? Chile?Central America? Assorted Tribal conflicts in Africa?
The aftermath of Katrina? The south central LA Riots? I think human nature contains a more than healthy dose of barbarism.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Guns don't kill people.
Americans do.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't kill people,
dangerous minorities do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Guns don't kill people.
Americans do.
<quoted text>
Guns donít kill people.

Bullets do!

Guns just get Ďem going really, really fast!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
As demonstrated in Darfur? In Bosnia? In China? Germany? The USSR? Chile?Central America? Assorted Tribal conflicts in Africa?
The aftermath of Katrina? The south central LA Riots? I think human nature contains a more than healthy dose of barbarism.
I don't think Koder gets out of her apartment very much...

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Guns don't kill people.
Americans do.
<quoted text>
Clubs donít beat hardheaded Brits.

UK police do.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't kill people,
husbands that come home early do.
Sometimes wives that come home early do.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141,321 - 141,340 of223,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••