Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#147078 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I would say that is historically correct , using the wars in which guns were used. Nearly all major empires were Christian.
But in opposition to these empires have been Muslim and Hindu as well as *Atheist Empires (If Russia/China is considered atheist)
But to be fair if it weren't Christians killing people with guns.
You would be in a Russian/Chinese Muslim or Hindu Empire.
So what is your point? Would you prefer a completely different world?
It almost seems as if some people wish that weapons were never invented and that man originally hunted for food with nerf toys.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#147079 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It almost seems as if some people wish that weapons were never invented and that man originally hunted for food with nerf toys.
LOL I mean! The reality is that these new 3D printers are going to make gun control an impossible feat to achieve. This means only security will be a deterrent.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#147080 Jan 4, 2013
OK... because weaker idiots try to force their god on us.
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Weaker.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#147081 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I mean! The reality is that these new 3D printers are going to make gun control an impossible feat to achieve. This means only security will be a deterrent.
True but what type of security?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#147082 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Getting rid of guns will not prevent children from getting murdered, or anyone for that matter.
That is true.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#147083 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have experience and I have ears.... I have heard it myself!! I am sure that you would have heard people call out "Oh God" or "Dear God" but if you haven't, then I guess you haven't experienced any Dear God moments!! Nothing to do with being an Atheist at all :)
I experience OMFG moments every day.

Right here.

I'm having one right now.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#147084 Jan 4, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the very reason why you didn’t need an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle for Christmas!

- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

You’ll Shoot your eye out!!!
With a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time.

After my father died, I was cleaning out his garage and I found my Daisy BB gun that I got for Christmas probably a little older than Ralphie, but in exactly the same manner. Mom against it. All presents opened. No gun. Then "something" behind the couch over there.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#147085 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Getting rid of guns will not prevent children from getting murdered, or anyone for that matter.
Wrong, guns kill people. By reducing the the number of guns in a particular are inhabitated by humans you will reduce the likelihood of children being shot accidentally.

It doesn't surprise me that you're pro gun as well, another tickbox next to creationist liar.

Location hidden

#147086 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh.... I just realised that you do hear people say "Oh God" where as in your other posting I sort of got the impression you didn't hear it said. Oh Dear God is often said in times of tragedy and in a different way than Oh God in times of excitement and happiness :)
You need to prove your god before you open your trap again god liar.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#147087 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, guns kill people. By reducing the the number of guns in a particular are inhabitated by humans you will reduce the likelihood of children being shot accidentally.
It doesn't surprise me that you're pro gun as well, another tickbox next to creationist liar.
First you need to prove that I am a creationist. Second you need to prove that I am a liar. Third there are only an average of 851 accidental shootings per year in the U.S.
With a population of 311,591,917 the odds, according to the current average, of accidentally shooting a child is almost nil.

Location hidden

#147088 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>First you need to prove that I am a creationist. Second you need to prove that I am a liar. Third there are only an average of 851 accidental shootings per year in the U.S.
With a population of 311,591,917 the odds, according to the current average, of accidentally shooting a child is almost nil.
First you need to sh*t the f*ck up. There are no further steps creationist.

Location hidden

#147089 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>First you need to prove that I am a creationist. Second you need to prove that I am a liar. Third there are only an average of 851 accidental shootings per year in the U.S.
The incidence of homicides committed with a firearm in the US is much greater than most other advanced countries. In the United States in 2009 United Nations statistics record 3.0 intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United Kingdom, with where handguns are prohibited was 0.07 per 100,000, about 40 times lower, and for Germany 0.2.[42]

All pro gun people are idiots. Fact.

Location hidden

#147090 Jan 4, 2013
Its proven that your population cannot be trusted with handguns.

Thats what the stats and the headlines show.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#147091 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The incidence of homicides committed with a firearm in the US is much greater than most other advanced countries. In the United States in 2009 United Nations statistics record 3.0 intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United Kingdom, with where handguns are prohibited was 0.07 per 100,000, about 40 times lower, and for Germany 0.2.[42]
All pro gun people are idiots. Fact.
Actually.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/sci...
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
violent crime is England and Wales alone are 3.5 times higher per/100,000 than that of America.
Seems as if removing guns does not remove violence.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#147092 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its proven that your population cannot be trusted with handguns.
Thats what the stats and the headlines show.
It has been proven that governments can not be trusted with any type of weapon. Remove weapons from the hands of the beaurocrats and it will save more lives.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#147093 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannity Guest Becomes so Furious That He Literally Covers His Ears & Refuses to Respond During Heated Gun Rights Debate

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hannity-guest...

"Terrell became to frustrated by Hannitys questioning that he literally covered his ears and refused to respond."

Just like the fundies! If you don't like something, you just cover up your ears, stomp your feet and cry like a toddler, that can't get his way.

Then claim that you try to discuss the issue.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#147094 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
First you need to sh*t the f*ck up. There are no further steps creationist.
So, you are saying that you have no proof and are making baseless claims? Seems as if you are the one with the creationist mindset.

Location hidden

#147095 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ooa98FHuaU0XX
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/sci...
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
violent crime is England and Wales alone are 3.5 times higher per/100,000 than that of America.
Seems as if removing guns does not remove violence.
Wrong, guns kill people, violence doesn't always kill people. YOu are once again using that typical creationist tactic of shifting the goalposts.

Location hidden

#147096 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It has been proven that governments can not be trusted with any type of weapon. Remove weapons from the hands of the beaurocrats and it will save more lives.
Nobody is arguing about what governments can be trusted with. Another attempt by you to derail the original point which is that guns kill people and should never be allowed in society.

Anyone who believes the opposite is an idiot who needs to stay the f*ck away from me.

Location hidden

#147097 Jan 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are saying that you have no proof and are making baseless claims? Seems as if you are the one with the creationist mindset.
No I'm saying you need to to sh*t the f*ck up and stop derailing conversations when they factually disprove your point of view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Morse 23
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Morse 14,442
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr rfirma 1,010
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 3 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 13 hr Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 13 hr Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 13 hr Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE