Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,201 - 141,220 of 226,122 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Not concerned about your safety?

Don't wear seat belts?

Don't use a handrail on stairs?

Don't look both ways before crossing the street?

Don't lock your doors at night?

uh-huh...

You're concerned about your safety, you just don't like guns. Admit it.
I like guns.

I don't NEED guns.

And I obviously don't like them anywhere near as much as you.

If I had the money for a gun, there are countless other things I'd rather have.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists show their desperation when they spam the atheist forums with their ridiculous nonsense.
No proof of god, the only duty of a creationist online should be to sh*t the f*ck up and get a basic science education.
They should pass a law in the states for every creationist to be force-taught evolution. Anyone who doesn't want to learn or accept evolution should be labelled as a dishonest liar in their permanent record (unless they are mentally incapable).
My Dear Skeptic, Thank you for your kind and thoughtful suggestions. You are always careful to select your words so as not to appear as a radical militant. Your kindness to your fellow humanity overwhelms me.

All of us have a respectful appreciation of science and research. From space research to medical science. It is all appreciated and supported by our tax dollars and donations.

As a separate issue, we that are free people have a fundamental right to religious freedom. A right given to us by our forefathers who framed the Constitution.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

I’m here my good friend because I find Atheist fascinating and interesting company.

May you have a good day my friend,[Tipping Hat]

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I like guns.
I don't NEED guns.
I have never shot anyone and hope that I can live my life without ever having to do so.

I have enjoyed target shooting. And I have never used a target that’s a silhouette of a human. I purposely don’t buy the human silhouettes because of my own personal convictions.

Guns can serve a dual purpose. One for sport and the other for personal protection in ones own home. There are lots of mindless thugs that are sexual predators targeting women and children. Today they are more brazen and bold.

A persons home should be a safe haven from hoodlums. The Bible says,“The violent take by force.” I think a man should be able to defend himself and his family at all cost.

I too could live without a gun. But I choose not too because it’s a fundamental right given to us in the Bill of Rights. If you live in a city with an excellent police response time then perhaps you don’t need a gun.

But sometimes things go South such as with a natural disaster. Then the Police protection could be days if not weeks away. These disasters bring the best and worst out of people. One must be able to defend and protect his life and family.

To those who don’t feel comfortable with guns. I would suggest,“Fox Labs Pepper Spray.”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your choice but when it all goes titsup and some raving nutcase with the same attitude as you shoots “your” child dead think about it again
Recognizing reality qualifies one as a "nutcase"? Being prepared for any eventually to survive transforms me into the equivalent of a child killer? Good luck to you if the shit ever hits the fan in your lifetime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If humanity was actually like that, we'd have died off before even having a chance. The other animals like to eat humans, when they are not outnumbered and organized.
The ability to work together in order to survive or defeat a common threat is perfectly natural. The ability to recognize that an act accordingly doesn't translate to being civilized.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> The ability to work together in order to survive or defeat a common threat is perfectly natural. The ability to recognize that an act accordingly doesn't translate to being civilized.
Actually, it does. Social traits are evolved traits, and favored ones include cooperation, empathy, and caring about others of the same species. That is why several species exhibit the same level of caring for each other that we do.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have no free will.
"Stupider" is not a word.
It's an adjective of stupid, stupid.

www.thefreedictionary.com/stupider

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're reversing your previous statements that guns don't kill people. People do?
You now recognize that guns kill people?
It's useful to know sarcasm...

dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

No, guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If guns kill people, then the pencil misspelled the word....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
I like guns.
I don't NEED guns.
I don't need guns, either.

I just like them.

Shooting targets is fun, that's all.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you & IANS do that?
You want me to go to that page & find what you're thinking?
Do you realize there's 20 posts on every page?
It's not hard. The last number on the link is the post number, so if the link takes you to the wrong mage, it's easy to find the right one, which is usually the next one (page numbers' relationships to post numbers change when earlier posts are deleted for Terms of Service violations). But if you have the post number, finding the right page is easy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. Social traits are evolved traits, and favored ones include cooperation, empathy, and caring about others of the same species. That is why several species exhibit the same level of caring for each other that we do.
Which doesn't exclude the practioners from self serving barbaric behavior.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cars are designed to transport people not kill them. Guns are designed to kill things.
The pro-gun nutters don't have any valid arguments for their position. Its a fact.
I personally think that everyone who is pro-gun should be round up and put in prison, because they intend to carry dangerous weapons in society and cause a danger to innocent citizens that don't want killing machines in their community.
I think RR might address your real point if you say "made" instead of "designed." He loves to create red herrings by quibbling over semantics. Why play into his hand like that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I think RR might address your real point if you say "made" instead of "designed." He loves to create red herrings by quibbling over semantics. Why play into his hand like that?
It wouldn't matter. Guns aren't "made to kill things"....

Guns are made to shoot bullets.

Period.

That they CAN be used to kill is irrelevant.

Guns are made to shoot bullets. Sometimes a person kills another person using a gun.

Cars are made for transportation. Sometimes a person kill another person using a car - intentionally....

Would you say that because people use knives to kill people, then knives are "made to kill people"?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
Guns are made to shoot bullets. Sometimes a person kills another person using a gun.
Cars are made for transportation. Sometimes a person kill another person using a car - intentionally....
Would you say that because people use knives to kill people, then knives are "made to kill people"?
Some knives are manufactured as fighting knives and would be less useful for other purposes. Guns are manufactured as weapons, some for hunting, some for defense, some for military assault. You can quibble all you want over design specifications, but the reason guns were invented in the first place was to shoot at living things.

You remind me of a character in an episode of the TV series Firefly called Objects in Space that centered on a bounty hunter named Jubal Early. Here's an excerpt of the script:

EARLY
I think this is very pretty. I
like the weight of it.
SIMON
I thought the intention was not
to kill me.

EARLY
No. You're missing the point. The
design of the thing is functional.
The plan is not to shoot you. The
plan is to get the girl. If there's
no girl, then the plan, well, is like
the room. You are gonna help me
look for her.

Your misdirections are like Early's. The thing to remember, though, is that Early was batshit crazy. Is that how you want to present yourself as well?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The same traits that got us throwing more rocks together in unison to beat the other knuckle dragging apes out of the banana bush. lol

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
The military has the IMC develop weapons to kill people , tell them to bitch at them .
Those drones are made to kill people , civilian arms are made to hunt and protect yourself and sporting purposes period.
If they wish to stop killings ....stop the damn wars! And drone strikes! Bitch at north Korea Quit building weapons of mass kill yas nooooooo it's all your fault you bought a pea shooter a monkey brain used to kill a kid with.

Obama has killed more kids in drone strikes than every school shooter ever!
tip

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

If atheists truly believe that God doesn't exist, why do they spend so much time discussing Him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
Some knives are manufactured as fighting knives and would be less useful for other purposes. Guns are manufactured as weapons, some for hunting, some for defense, some for military assault. You can quibble all you want over design specifications, but the reason guns were invented in the first place was to shoot at living things.
You remind me of a character in an episode of the TV series Firefly called Objects in Space that centered on a bounty hunter named Jubal Early. Here's an excerpt of the script:
EARLY
I think this is very pretty. I
like the weight of it.
SIMON
I thought the intention was not
to kill me.
EARLY
No. You're missing the point. The
design of the thing is functional.
The plan is not to shoot you. The
plan is to get the girl. If there's
no girl, then the plan, well, is like
the room. You are gonna help me
look for her.
Your misdirections are like Early's. The thing to remember, though, is that Early was batshit crazy. Is that how you want to present yourself as well?
Well thank you for admitting that guns aren't made to kill.

FINALLY! One honest person.......

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
You can quibble all you want over design specifications, but the reason guns were invented in the first place was to shoot at living things.
If original intent is your criteria:

Dynamite is mainly used in the mining, quarrying, construction, and demolition industries, and it has had some historical usage in warfare. However the unstable nature of nitroglycerin, especially if subjected to freezing, has rendered it obsolete for military uses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite

Since TNT was not invented to kill people, why is it against the law for me to buy it?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

tip wrote:
If atheists truly believe that God doesn't exist, why do they spend so much time discussing Him?
Because idiots try to force their gods on us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••