Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,181 - 141,200 of 224,543 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
{{snip}}
Thanks!
That's all you need to say.

Funny, was just discussing the christian propensity for cherrypicking and you come up and prove exactly my point.

Thank you so very much for your stupidity

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
No. I wait for evidence, so far all evidence suggests it everything is the result of natural interactions save the things we construct from the matter.
Do you have evidence to counter this?
"so far all evidence suggests it everything is the result of natural interactions"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you need to say.
Funny, was just discussing the christian propensity for cherrypicking and you come up and prove exactly my point.
Thank you so very much for your stupidity
Maybe you should think about the atheist need to cherrypick.

Y'all are experts at it.

The funny thing is, you cherrypick a bible and a religion you claim to not believe in.

Rational people would call that a waste of time.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"so far all evidence suggests it everything is the result of natural interactions"?
Creationists show their desperation when they spam the atheist forums with their ridiculous nonsense.

No proof of god, the only duty of a creationist online should be to sh*t the f*ck up and get a basic science education.

They should pass a law in the states for every creationist to be force-taught evolution. Anyone who doesn't want to learn or accept evolution should be labelled as a dishonest liar in their permanent record (unless they are mentally incapable).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid.
Because I have guns, Lanza and Holmes WOULD NOT KILL ME....
You have no understanding of self defense?
No matter what, crazies will have guns.
I have guns to protect myself against them.
And because guns were freely available Lanza and Holmes killed at will. Who gives a toss about you, you selfish moron, my concern is for innocent and unarmed children, not gung ho gun nuts with an immortality fixation

But of course had someone been armed then a shootout would have been out of the question - right? You moron

You have no idea of how I consider self defence, your ignorance is down to simple minded idiocy but that is accepted from a person of your obviously limited intellect

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough coffee.

So far all evidence suggests everything is the result of natural interactions.

Got an extra word in there, it must have sneaked in .... when did snuck become sneaked? Gah. Mornings, I am not a person of them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your child that will be shot dead because you have no means of defending your own child.
You're selfish.
Is that some kind of macho threat?

I am not the one so concerned about my own safety, thatís you, you selfish moron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should think about the atheist need to cherrypick.
Y'all are experts at it.
The funny thing is, you cherrypick a bible and a religion you claim to not believe in.
Rational people would call that a waste of time.
Ehm, you were the one cherry picking, donít try the christian incredulity at being caught out on me, it does not wash.

No, I quote the babble EXACTLY as it is written and thatís what p|sses you off so much when exact wording totally screws with your time travelling interpretation

So you claim itís a waste of time to defend ones belief Ė say what???
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Everything we discover turns out to be "not magic".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And because guns were freely available Lanza and Holmes killed at will. Who gives a toss about you, you selfish moron, my concern is for innocent and unarmed children, not gung ho gun nuts with an immortality fixation
But of course had someone been armed then a shootout would have been out of the question - right? You moron
You have no idea of how I consider self defence, your ignorance is down to simple minded idiocy but that is accepted from a person of your obviously limited intellect
You don't get it.

Criminals & psychos will get guns whether or not they're legal or readily available.

How do you know that Lanza wouldn't have used a car to do the same crime had he not had guns?

Cars are deadly, they kill people, not the drivers.

Cars are weapons....

Dumb ass.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Clearly you prefer guns than not living in the most murderous country of the West.

Your choice, not mine.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid.
Because I have guns, Lanza and Holmes WOULD NOT KILL ME....
You have no understanding of self defense?
No matter what, crazies will have guns.
I have guns to protect myself against them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that some kind of macho threat?
I am not the one so concerned about my own safety, thatís you, you selfish moron
Not concerned about your safety?

Don't wear seat belts?

Don't use a handrail on stairs?

Don't look both ways before crossing the street?

Don't lock your doors at night?

uh-huh...

You're concerned about your safety, you just don't like guns. Admit it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm, you were the one cherry picking, donít try the christian incredulity at being caught out on me, it does not wash.
No, I quote the babble EXACTLY as it is written and thatís what p|sses you off so much when exact wording totally screws with your time travelling interpretation
So you claim itís a waste of time to defend ones belief Ė say what???
Yes, you quote the (version you want) of the bible exactly as it was written.

BUT - You don't understand the meaning of what you're quoting.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

No I don't. Where the hell do you live?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't lock your doors at night?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it.
Criminals & psychos will get guns whether or not they're legal or readily available.
Agreed. But the evidence here is gun massacres can still happen but become less frequent with an assult weapon ban.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT - You don't understand the meaning of what you're quoting.
And how do you interpret. Conservative Catholics blindly follow the rulings of the church. Protestants do what? Make it up as they go allow. That is why you have 34000+ sects.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it.
How do you know that Lanza wouldn't have used a car to do the same crime had he not had guns?
Cars are deadly, they kill people, not the drivers.
Cars are weapons....
Dumb ass.
Cars are designed to transport people not kill them. Guns are designed to kill things.

The pro-gun nutters don't have any valid arguments for their position. Its a fact.

I personally think that everyone who is pro-gun should be round up and put in prison, because they intend to carry dangerous weapons in society and cause a danger to innocent citizens that don't want killing machines in their community.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Cars are designed to transport people not kill them. Guns are designed to kill things.
1/2 right. Cars are designed to transport people not kill them. Guns are designed to launch a projectile at high velocity on an intended trajectory.

If you are stupid enough to think that guns are designed to kill, then you're stupid enough to think that pencils are designed to misspell words.
The pro-gun nutters don't have any valid arguments for their position. Its a fact.
See above.
I personally think that everyone who is pro-gun should be round up and put in prison, because they intend to carry dangerous weapons in society and cause a danger to innocent citizens that don't want killing machines in their community.
Too bad you ain't never gonna get your way. I've fired thousands of round and never killed anything. In what way am I a "killing machine"?

Why are you so afraid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. But the evidence here is gun massacres can still happen but become less frequent with an assult weapon ban.
OK, ban the assault guns, Holmes still had his shotgun & pistols.
(And nobody in the audience did, they had no way of defense)

And Lanza used pistols (And none of the teachers or staff were armed. Again, no way of defense.)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes He does. God knows everything.

You're stupider.
Then you have no free will.

"Stupider" is not a word.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 5 min Carchar king 250
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 32 min Gillette 839
What does "Atheism" mean? 6 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 10 hr nanoanomaly 735
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 18 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 19 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••