Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
141,101 - 141,120 of 224,583 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like you are against gun control. If laws are passed, who is going to follow them and who is not?

But that is not to say that laws don't stop people. When you fear the punishment more than you want to do whatever, then you will follow the law.
Didn't your second statement contradict your first?

In any case, I can't imagine why anyone would be against strict gun control. I mean, we regulate and track vehicle registrations with more care than guns, it makes no sense. Moreover, guns are freely available now, and I don't think anyone would argue that is a good situation. So why just throw up our hands because there is no simple solution? Can't we at least try? Is it hopeless?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> A diety put a soul in your aging carcass. You gave up on your search for your maker. He may discard you like a failed chocolate soufle.
Shhh! The adults are talking.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think so?
Example?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter. All you call of of us dumb.

It's your trademark comeback....
I usually tell you you're stupid.

Dumb can be confused with the inability to speak, though its not used much that way anymore.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. That's free will.
Then god doesn't know you will do X.

You're stupid.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How about harsher punishments?
Of course drug users don't care about doing drugs, they're not afraid of the penal system...
So the current system doesn't work, yet you think ramping up a broken system up will fix the problem? So let's put alot more people in jail, and make sure every jail is run like Abu Ghraib. What could go wrong, right?

Who is going to pay for all the extra jails and associated overhead? You?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't your second statement contradict your first?

In any case, I can't imagine why anyone would be against strict gun control. I mean, we regulate and track vehicle registrations with more care than guns, it makes no sense. Moreover, guns are freely available now, and I don't think anyone would argue that is a good situation. So why just throw up our hands because there is no simple solution? Can't we at least try? Is it hopeless?
The gun nuts- and that seems to be a frighteningly apt description-are literally afraid that if they have to register their weapons, that someday jack booted, body armor wearing government thugs are going to batter down their doors and confiscate their precioussssss.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

TIDE, TIDE, TIIIIIDDDDDDDE, IS IT ABOUT THE NUMBER 0? TELL ME THAT IT'S ABOUT A NUMBER????

Is your other poem a riddle, too? I'll have a look at that tomorrow, I want to get this one first.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't your second statement contradict your first?
Didn't your arguments conflict? Didn't you say, "that you can't pass laws against things you don't like and expect that to get rid of it."?
wilderide wrote:
One, you are comparing a right with a privileged. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that we have a right to transportation. No country has ever terrorized it's people with a car.
And yes, you do have many laws concerning autos but our licenses are control at the state level.
Drug are not a right nor a privileged and there are many laws against producing, distributing, and using; has that stopped the flow of drugs?

No. Because you don't like guns, you feel you have the right to amend my rights. You don't really want to talk it out; you want to end them or some of them, right now! No discussion! No compromise! Nothing but stomping your feet.

Since you cannot imagine why, no one should. How fucking arrogant is that?

Anytime anyone wishes to discuss the issue, I will be more than happy.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with God and free will?
If God knows you will do X, can you do Y instead?
Gas grass or cock, no one rides free ...wildridddddeeeeeee

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
How do you figure?
Evolution happens, I agree. That is a proven fact, it's ToE that's bullshit.
The Theory of Evolution is based on the assumption that ALL life on Earth came from one single-celled organism.
Prove it.
03Jan13.....

.....and WHO made the single-celled organism???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>03Jan13.....
.....and WHO made the single-celled organism???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You assume two things, that it was made and didn't come into existence through other means, and that there was a "who" involved.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume two things, that it was made and didn't come into existence through other means, and that there was a "who" involved.
I didn't do it and whoever said I did is lying!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Hollywood A-listers called hypocrites on issue of gun violence in ‘Demand a Plan’ response video

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/...

Several big-name Hollywood stars appear in a new anti-gun public service YouTube video calling for Americans to demand that their elected officials come up with a strategy to curb gun violence.

In the video, A-listers like Cameron Diaz, Paul Rudd, and Chris Rock read the names of the sites of the most horrific gun massacres before calling on viewers to “demand a plan” to stop mass shootings.

But now a new video called “Demand a Plan – Demand Celebrities Go F*** Themselves” has been created that highlights the gun violence many of these same stars have taken part in in their movies and television shows.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

More of the, "I can do what I want, but I want to control you.", philosophy.

I can do drugs, even if they are illegal, because your laws against them are stupid. You should not be allowed to own a firearm. The only reason you own a firearm is because you are a sick, uncaring bastard, with a tiny d*ck.

Yeah, let's talk about it and reason it out like intelligent people! I hear ya.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't do it and whoever said I did is lying!
Sure you didn't. This one atom said otherwise.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what we call an irrational fear. We know what causes lightning, as well as why it occurs. It's a natural phenomenon. It also sort of counters your whole "just need faith" argument that a lot of christians use. If you had faith in your god, then you'd not fear testing such a thing, because it would be a really bad way to demonstrate one's existence, killing off the believer and not the unbeliever for the same exact thing, would it not?
Either way, you wind up with a massive contradiction in your beliefs.
Deuteronomy 6:16

“Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God”

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Hollywood A-listers called hypocrites on issue of gun violence in ‘Demand a Plan’ response video
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/...
Several big-name Hollywood stars appear in a new anti-gun public service YouTube video calling for Americans to demand that their elected officials come up with a strategy to curb gun violence.
In the video, A-listers like Cameron Diaz, Paul Rudd, and Chris Rock read the names of the sites of the most horrific gun massacres before calling on viewers to “demand a plan” to stop mass shootings.
But now a new video called “Demand a Plan – Demand Celebrities Go F*** Themselves” has been created that highlights the gun violence many of these same stars have taken part in in their movies and television shows.
They have made it rich on these violent movies.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
TIDE, TIDE, TIIIIIDDDDDDDE, IS IT ABOUT THE NUMBER 0? TELL ME THAT IT'S ABOUT A NUMBER????
Is your other poem a riddle, too? I'll have a look at that tomorrow, I want to get this one first.
It's about your phone number.

No, not really. It's not about numbers.

The other poem is not very good.

I like riddles. I've never tried making a riddle as a poem. I might try that soon.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't help that you been dumb is your trademark
Narcissistic personality disorder

"narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings."

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 47 min Patrick 256
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 48 min CunningLinguist 70,963
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr CunningLinguist 28
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 7 hr Patrick 397
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr fadu singh 21,406
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Electrical Engineer 842
•••
•••