Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#146649 Jan 2, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
In order to justify the denial of a constitutional right, the government would need a lot more than a profile, biometric or otherwise--that's the difference between a right and a privilege. Our laws allow denying even the right to vote to convicted felons, but the rest of us enjoy all of the rights guaranteed by the Constitution. I doubt that denying any rights based on profiling would survive a court challenge. That's why it makes more sense to define rights more precisely than to deny them to any class of citizens.
The Constitution doesn't guarantee the rights of citizens. The Constitution limits the rights of the government. The citizens have all the rights. How was that forgotten?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#146650 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution doesn't guarantee the rights of citizens. The Constitution limits the rights of the government. The citizens have all the rights. How was that forgotten?
exactly.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#146651 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct.

As they say in aviation, if it's not prohibited, it's allowed.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#146652 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct.
In aviation, I'd think, once you get off the ground you be on yo own. When they say, "I'll talk you down", that's just talk.

I'm just guessin

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#146653 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct.
In NY where I lived for too many years the Building and Zoning Dept of the Town I lived in had an official policy of if its not covered in the code its prohibited. Now matter how simple the issue was it was prohibited and you were held hostage until they adressed whatever it was you were desirous of doing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#146654 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A good start to those abuses were the actions perpetrated by the Federal Government to wage their war against the Southern States in the War for Southern Indepedence.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#146655 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the hip flask of Jack Daniels in their pocket.
Good one. Hipflask of JD in pocket, KJV held aloft, gun holstered on hip, holding placard "We are a christian nation". They are great comedy value.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#146656 Jan 2, 2013
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Make believe? you mean like Atheism. Indeed, Atheism, does not work. Its actually mythical religious nonsense believed by people that have a "god" that is Self.
Wrong, you projections don’t work here but what can we expect from the deliberately ignorant

#146657 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another redirect?
Oh, you're good...
No another fact, when you can show me a talking snake I will withdraw my statement. Until that time, tough.

#146658 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't showing any evidence, you're just spouting opinion.
I have repeatedly offered evidence, you have repeatedly poo poo’d it, ignored it, tried (and failed) to talk it round, made excuses, attempted re-direction and outright lied.

If you really want me to re-state the sources of my evidence I will but I feel it will be a complete waste of time because you will go round and round again in the pathetic attempts of yours to discredit DOCUMENTED evidence based on nothing more than you personal belief.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#146659 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Public Education: Social Studies AKA brainwashing.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#146660 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
In aviation, I'd think, once you get off the ground you be on yo own. When they say, "I'll talk you down", that's just talk.
I'm just guessin
Nope.

There are a lot of rules and responsibilities when you take a 2500 pound vehicle into the sky.

There are altitude restrictions, airspace and communication requirements. See and avoid requirements. Right of way rules.

The FAR/AIM, which spells out these rules, is thicker than the bible.

But even the FAA will tell you that if you can't find a regulation against something, then you can do it.

For instance, under 3000 feet AGL (above ground level) over land, you can fly at any altitude as long as you remain more than 500 above any people or structures within an half mile radius. Above 3000 feet AGL, you must fly at odd thousands plus 500' on easterly headings and even thousands plus 500' on westerly headings. This is intended to keep crossing traffic separated by altitude.

In unpopulated areas or over water (as long as you remain at least 500' horizontally and vertically from boats or people), you can fly as low as you want to.

You can't fly into towered (Controlled) airspace without establishing communications with the tower.

There's a ton of stuff, but it's a big sky.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#146661 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just guessin
And the whole "talk you down" thing is in the case that the pilot becomes incapacitated and the passenger has to fly.

There is a program that gives regular passengers (spouses, friends, etc.) just enough training that, if needed, they could get a plane safely back on the ground. It's saved some lives, but often there is a pilot/controller on the ground that will help with navigation and talk them through landing procedures.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#146662 Jan 2, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146663 Jan 2, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
If you don't think that cause of death is related to gun control, then why did you bring it up in the first place?
<quoted text>
Except, which you seem to have so quickly forgotten, it's not a "minor" percentage of deaths when you're dealing with people 44 and younger. It's one of the top causes of death.
Wrong.

According to the charts on this link, under "United States, by age group", firearm death is pretty much near the bottom of the "leading causes of death" under ANY age.....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146664 Jan 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I &#9829; River.
&#9786;
Are you posting to me?

See? I told you beer n Topix don't mix...

But no one listens to the redneck.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146665 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Liar.

You know you can't read.

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Liar.

You know you can't read.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Liar.

You know you can't read.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146666 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
I dunno.
When I was a teen, the guy remodeling my folks kitchen let me shoot his .44 Magnum.
When I was done getting knocked on my ass, he put some hollow points in and took down a tree with a 4" diameter trunk with one shot.
That's the COOL factor!

#146667 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
According to the charts on this link, under "United States, by age group", firearm death is pretty much near the bottom of the "leading causes of death" under ANY age.....
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death...
Oh then that excuses child murder by christians – right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146668 Jan 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No guns are weapons, what is so hard to understand?
I don't know, you tell me.

Why is it so difficult for you gun-haters to admit that a gun CAN be a weapon or that a gun CAN kill?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 29 min Uncle Sam 2,354
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 23,201
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Thinking 150
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 7 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 16 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 17 hr Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web