Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146608 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. To keep people like you out of my home and away from my family.
Why, because don't hurt nor have the desire to hurt people? Why would I even want to go in your home in the first place?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#146609 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
there will always be insane people in society, so why the f*ck would you want to arm them?
Because it is a form of collective psychosis. As a society they have a love affair with guns. And I dont think that will change any time soon.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#146610 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if we allowed bombs in our society - every had the right to carry a bomb....
I guess you never heard of gasoline.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146611 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Just about anything can be a weapon.
But not everything is designed to be a weapon.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#146612 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The only use of a gun is to kill people full stop...
That us why millions of deer are clubbed to death each year, right ?

You are a moron.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#146613 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
and guns, guns are a problem too. Imagine if we allowed bombs in our society - every had the right to carry a bomb.
The safety issue alone should tell you this is a stupid idea. But americans just want to carry their d*ck extensions everywhere they f*cking go...and then whine when kids get killed by insane people.
Note to the US: there will always be insane people in society, so why the f*ck would you want to arm them?
Too bad the facts are not in your corner.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/sci...
http://www.policemisconduct.net/
And blaming insanity is ignorant.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#146614 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you never heard of gasoline.
Gasoline is not a bomb or a weapon. Gasoline is simple a fuel. A gun is used for killing people with one click from any range. That's what makes it a weapon.

Nobody is arguing for the right to carry a one-click exploding gasoline can every where you f*cking go.

F*cking gun nuts.

Location hidden

#146615 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That us why millions of deer are clubbed to death each year, right ?
You are a moron.
The only purpose of a gun is to kill. You haven't made any counter arguments to my point my dear.

Location hidden

#146616 Jan 2, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Your opnion doesn't matter, creationist, you don't have any valid counter points to the fact that a gun is designed to kill.

There's no good excuse for carrying guns in society. Here in the UK, we have very few gun crimes and part of the reason is because the stupid ignorant people don't get access to guns as easily as they would in your society.

You guys love guns, because youre inherently wusses that don't know how to grow a backbone.

Do us a favour and either ban guns, or stop dirtying the international press with your high school shooting stories every f*cking month.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#146617 Jan 2, 2013

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#146618 Jan 2, 2013
I believe that it was Aura Mythra that posted the link of the guy that used a 3d printer to make his own semi-auto rifle at home which effectively renders a ban on assault rifles useless.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#146619 Jan 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole debate started because of the shooting in Connecticut. You can't possess a handgun in Connecticut until you're 21. The shooter was 20. The law is clear. The law was not enforced. I don't understand why some people think that new laws will be enforced when the existing ones aren't.
It comes down to this for me. Stop voting for the same ineffective dumasses that have been in congress since before my parents were born. The next time I see Joe Lieberman, Chuck Schumer, John McClain, et. al, it better be by a big retirement cake. I really don't want people who were born in 1930 or 1940 telling me what to do in 2013.
I can't agree. Barring debilitating health problems, people don't get stupid as they age, they get smarter, more competent. While some politicians may lose touch and get stuck in the past, most keep up to date on matters that require government action or attention. In addition, living through decades of changing times makes for a greater degree of perspective than is found even among younger students of history. Older pols who are mired in the past need to go, but some who served to their last breath have been driving forces with their eyes on a future that even their younger colleagues see with less clarity. Edward Kennedy and Tip O'Neil come to mind and I should imagine they had Republican counterparts.

Beware of the temptation to get rid of leaders for inconsequential reasons as their replacements are likely to be inconsequential as well.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#146620 Jan 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where you are coming from, here after (I think about 12 months don't quote me on that) there is a work for the dole scheme. Either you work where they send you (within reason) or you don't get paid. Does the system work, well yer most of the time. Is it perfect, show me any system which 100% efficient. At the end of the day it must be realized that some people are just unemployable. Is it their fault, who knows? But do you let people go cold and hungry? Surly one of the measures of a civilized society is how we treat the less fortunate?
BTW our scheme is federal on state run.
As I said at the out set I am an outsider looking in, so my views are both valid and invalid at the same time. Valid in that what I see is not tainted by local issues, invalid because I don't know the history and I use that as a precursor to what I am about to say.
Back in the early 1990s I was on a business to the US and was in L.A., San Fransisco, Las Gatos and St Paul. I had a great time, loved the people I worked with and the country. But the one thing that horrified me was not the crime or the drugs but the beggars on the streets. I am in no way saying that we don't have them here we do, but not in the numbers I saw in San Fransisco. You could put that down to the difference in population size of OZ verses the US. But I live in Sydney population 4.6 million it is not a small country town and we see no where near the numbers here.
When I was a kid in school, I was taught that America was built by taking the best ideas from the rest of the world. Other than some very big mistakes, like slavery and segregation, I believed that.

Nowadays, we are sometimes too prideful to say that another country has a better idea than us and sometimes I think we are smart not going down the same path as others. Unfortunately, we mostly rely on our news programs and they are quite unreliable! Every month or so, someone on one of the news programs gets busted for lying, skewing the data, or ignoring an issue that makes their party look bad. People complain that news organizations should not be in bed with a political party, but that falls on deaf ears.

Travel is the best way to broaden your mind! I have been to Sydney several times and loved it each time. I even stayed at Kings Cross!

I have been to Perth and I loved it! Beer cost a lot more but I loved the people and the weather! Most of the people that I hung out with, were also travelers and knew that Americans were not what they saw on TV.

What to do about the homeless? If I had the answer for that, I would be king of the world! First, I think you have to find out why they are homeless and deal with it from there. If a person wants to be homeless, can I take that freedom away from him? If they are mentally challenged, then surely they should be put in a home and cared for. If they are just down on their luck, then they should be helped! I don't understand why we don't push education in the country!

It would be nice if you could know which people to help and which are too lazy to worry about.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#146621 Jan 2, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Hey , why don't you tell others, they started with subject and had gone astray of this tread purpose, why am i'm the only one single out. Topix is free forum, and anyone can come in ... take you own BS and shove it! BWHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
There's a difference. Threads meander as they age and as the participants react to one another. You, on the other hand, entered this thread with no intention of joining in. Instead, you began by spouting off on your obsession with Cuba. Why not read other posts and join the larger conversation, whatever it may be? Too single-minded and obsessive?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#146622 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opnion doesn't matter, creationist, you don't have any valid counter points to the fact that a gun is designed to kill.
There's no good excuse for carrying guns in society. Here in the UK, we have very few gun crimes and part of the reason is because the stupid ignorant people don't get access to guns as easily as they would in your society.
You guys love guns, because youre inherently wusses that don't know how to grow a backbone.
Do us a favour and either ban guns, or stop dirtying the international press with your high school shooting stories every f*cking month.
Criminals do not care about bans. Prohibition = backmarket. U.K. population vs. U.S. population.
Violence per capita in the U.K is higher than that of America.
That is not opinion. That is fact.
Yes, guns are designed to kill. So are plenty of other things. What is your point?
http://gunssavelives.net/

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#146624 Jan 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
But not everything is designed to be a weapon.
No, but weapons are not hard to make at home.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#146625 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the UK, we have very few gun crimes and part of the reason is because the stupid ignorant people don't get access to guns as easily as they would in your society.
Here in the UK I think we have the balance right.

You can legally own a gun, single shot rifles of any calibre, with certificate.

What is not allowed is the military style assult weapons loved by gun nuts. But dont worry, we will never convince anyone here of this, cause views are too entrenched, and in the US guns are such a big part of their culture.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#146626 Jan 2, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference. Threads meander as they age and as the participants react to one another. You, on the other hand, entered this thread with no intention of joining in. Instead, you began by spouting off on your obsession with Cuba. Why not read other posts and join the larger conversation, whatever it may be? Too single-minded and obsessive?
Topic is about wars... so i took one example... what you don't understand? I only use Cuba once as example and have not gone beyond that ...U have a problem! I see you not having a good day, did you mom yell at you? Who said i did not join in, have you not seen my postings, go and look for it, you disingenous idiot! WBHAHAHAHAAAAAa

You want any more, know know you got me going, my bites and barking will be you own doing! So, what it be? WBHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA

over 179 nations support /collobarated with Cuba to be free from the warring obnoxious US sanctions on Cuba, what you don't like about this? You own fault for support US neocons' warring policy ofc MAnifest Destiny! So uopu believer in American Exceptionalism?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#146627 Jan 2, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree. Barring debilitating health problems, people don't get stupid as they age, they get smarter, more competent. While some politicians may lose touch and get stuck in the past, most keep up to date on matters that require government action or attention. In addition, living through decades of changing times makes for a greater degree of perspective than is found even among younger students of history. Older pols who are mired in the past need to go, but some who served to their last breath have been driving forces with their eyes on a future that even their younger colleagues see with less clarity. Edward Kennedy and Tip O'Neil come to mind and I should imagine they had Republican counterparts.
Beware of the temptation to get rid of leaders for inconsequential reasons as their replacements are likely to be inconsequential as well.
While that is true, I do believe that most politicians get too comfortable in their positions and their lobbyist know just what price they require to vote a certain way.

My problem is, I have tried to read a bill or two and it is damn near impossible for a layman to understand what they are talking about. If you have ever looked into who actually signed out a bill to read it? How many in congress don't even do that? They just vote along party lines or by what they hear.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#146628 Jan 2, 2013
If you don't know what is 'oupu' that is " O You, Pee You" BWHAHHAHHAHHAAAAA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 16 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 16 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 23 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu thetruth 1,442
More from around the web