Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146479 Jan 1, 2013
I'm Ok with some reasonable gun control.

But what about other killers like DUI's?

Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. 
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration FARS data, 2012.

Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year. 
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration FARS data, 2010

If all 17 million people who admitted to driving drunk in 2010 had their own state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S. 

(Lacey, John et al.2007 National Roadside Survey of Alcohol and Drug Use by Drivers: Alcohol Results. Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, December 2009.)

Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and about one-third of those are alcohol related. 

(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Traffic Safety Facts 2008: Young Drivers". DOT 811 169. Washington DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2009)

Teen alcohol use kills about 6000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined. 

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#146480 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.

You know you can't read.
What?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#146481 Jan 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I almost spit my drink out when I read this. Well, the entire world may be crumbling, but at least we have Topix. Did you ever stop to wonder why we continue to come here day after day?
All the time.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146482 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Liar.

You know you can't read.
Aerobatty wrote:
What?
Liar.

You know you can't read.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146483 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. &#65532;
Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year. &#65532;
If all 17 million people who admitted to driving drunk in 2010 had their own state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S. &#65532;
(Lacey, John et al.2007 National Roadside Survey of Alcohol and Drug Use by Drivers: Alcohol Results. Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, December 2009.)
Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and about one-third of those are alcohol related. &#65532;
(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Traffic Safety Facts 2008: Young Drivers". DOT 811 169. Washington DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2009)
Teen alcohol use kills about 6000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined. &#65532;
Good info.

They will of course ignore that because they like getting drunk.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#146484 Jan 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
The NRA said that guns are simply tools, yet I've found they make really lousy screwdrivers. And never mind trying to hammer anything with them.
I've cut a tree down with a gun before. It was terribly inefficient.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#146485 Jan 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But how can you educate people about deadly weapons when you can't even convince them that the world is much older than 6000 years?
You may have something there.

As you know though, I'm an optimist.

I already got a guy to go from 6000 to 12000 years, and I'll keep working on him.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#146486 Jan 1, 2013

Long Beach, CA

#146487 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. &#65532;
Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year. &#65532;
If all 17 million people who admitted to driving drunk in 2010 had their own state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S. &#65532;
Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and about one-third of those are alcohol related. &#65532;
Teen alcohol use kills about 6000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined. &#65532;
WTF is #65532?

By the way, you have convinced me.

We need to decriminalize drugs.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#146488 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Now imagine a world where that wild animal also had a gun and knew how to use it. Fat lot of good your gun is now. Think about it stupid america, think.
The sight of a bear aiming a gun at me would make me laugh so hard I wouldn't be able to respond anyway.

Southern Illinois

#146489 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is #65532?
By the way, you have convinced me.
We need to decriminalize drugs.
{WTF is #65532}?

sixty five thousand, five hundred thirty two.

Southern Illinois

#146490 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about a small portion of the American poulation.
We're talking about the entire American population.
Atheists/agnostics are gun owners too, you know...
I think Atheist and Agnostics would like it if only all religious people were disarmed.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#146491 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Atheist and Agnostics would like it if only all religious people were disarmed.
Nope. I just don't want them in the hands of nuts, or the paws of wild animals...

Southern Illinois

#146492 Jan 1, 2013
You want to know what the United States would be like with the citizens disarmed. Look no further than Mexico.

The last figure released by the Mexican government on the number of dead during its 4 1/2-year, military-led crackdown on organized crime came in January, at just over 34,000. It covered the period from the start of the drug war in December 2006 until the end of 2010.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2011/...

Long Beach, CA

#146493 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{WTF is #65532}?
That many whats?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146494 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{WTF is #65532}?
Gotta hand it to you, that was a funny reply.

Long Beach, CA

#146495 Jan 1, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that somebody had thought about it at the time of the Crusades.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#146496 Jan 1, 2013
If you don't think that cause of death is related to gun control, then why did you bring it up in the first place?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
To point out that all this BS about gun control is pretty pointless. Considering the percentage of deaths caused by guns versus everything else is minor.
Except, which you seem to have so quickly forgotten, it's not a "minor" percentage of deaths when you're dealing with people 44 and younger. It's one of the top causes of death.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#146497 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your previous post showed just accidental deaths, not accidental deaths by gun.
Which *included* accidental deaths by gun. Funny you left out the part about suicide and homicide.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146498 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That many whats?
It's a linguine cause error, the browser doesn't display all the characters, and thus when saved to the database, unless the database is configured to handle them, they will show up as their unicode values in text.#65536 is the last unicode value, the website likely used that as a "splitter" character and didn't bother filtering it on their output, so the copy then paste included that character though it was not visible to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 23,046
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr _Bad Company 1,110
Heaven 9 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 9 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 10 hr Uncle Sam 51
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE