Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,621 - 140,640 of 224,379 Comments Last updated 59 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun control and nephrosis.
lol

You'd think with the top killer in America, heart disease, which kills Americans 70 times more than gun murders, you people would be focusing on trying to froce people to eat better.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The order changes when you look at specific age groups:
Among those between the ages of 1 and 44, being the victim of homicide is always among the top 5 causes of death. Suicide is also among the top 5 for all groups between the ages of 5 and 44.
Since everyone *does* eventually die, from *some* cause, it should come as no surprise that the most common causes of death are those that are common among the elderly (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.). The point, then, is to look for those causes then tend to prevent people from *becoming* elderly, not just the most common cause of death for *all* people.
Among the youngest (1 to 4), setting aside those with congenital diseases, it's accidents and homicides. Among those 5 to 14, again setting aside those with congenital diseases: accidents, suicides, and homicides are numbers 1, 4, and 5. And among those 15 to 24, the three leading causes of deaths are accidents, suicides, and homicides.
uh-huh....

And that's related to gun control how?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
You'd think with the top killer in America, heart disease, which kills Americans 70 times more than gun murders, you people would be focusing on trying to froce people to eat better.....
We're working on that, too.

Not to froce them (whatever that means), but to educate and inform.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
* Heart disease: 599,413
* Cancer: 567,628
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
* Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
* Diabetes: 68,705
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909
* Firearm murders: 8,563
And y'all wanna focus on gun control?!
It's a not a choice you moron, if you can save 9000 lives by giving up your stupid and arrogant right to carry murder machines, that's 9000 lives saved. Don't worry your pretty head about the other deaths, let the clever scientists work on the rest of them...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're working on that, too.
Not to froce them (whatever that means), but to educate and inform.
Would that be the liberl loons forcing McDonald's to have a nutrition label on a friggin burger?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
* Heart disease: 599,413
* Cancer: 567,628
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
* Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
* Diabetes: 68,705
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909
* Firearm murders: 8,563
And y'all wanna focus on gun control?!
I don't think any of the 8,563 murdered will be throwing their hats in the air and jumping up and down with joy at that statistic, do you? Look, as you know I'm a gun owner, and I agree something should be done. My problem is the word "something". Everyone wants "something" done, but I've yet to find any coherent suggestion that would actually curb the problem. The core problem is the deranged mind that can concoct and carry out his desire for mass murder. If that individual is truly intent on completing his "mission", no legislative deterrent is going to stop him, period. Anyway, I believe this entire discussion is moot as the clamor for new gun control initiatives seems to be slowing to a crawl. The economy, jobs, the deficit will slowly come back to the forefront, and gun control will quietly slip through the cracks as it has in the past.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

...oops, meant "frocing"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>TMI, Aero......
You've got one too.

You just can't admit it.

That's why you need guns.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would have expected you to understand the issue.
Instead you just keep spouting NRA BS like it's bible.
You can't even admit that an assault weapon is designed for killing.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
I never said that they were not! You are just as blinded by your beliefs as any fundie is with theirs.
oopsie!

Atheists DO believe, eh?

Told ya.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
And that's related to gun control how?
If you don't think that cause of death is related to gun control, then why did you bring it up in the first place?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Assault weapons are designed to wound.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/Xc...

Get that much straight Aero.

commonly, they have used cartridges of moderate size so that the individual soldier could carry more ammunition than was typical during the First World War or Second World War. Another consideration was that if an enemy were killed, only one soldier was put out of commission. If an enemy were wounded, then three or more were put out of commission as the wounded person was cared for. So, full-metal jacket bullets with moderate kinetic energy (except notably the US M-16) are typical of a true assault weapon designed to wound instead of to kill.
I guess lanzo was a lousy shot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>lol

I do.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You'd think with the top killer in America, heart disease, which kills Americans 70 times more than gun murders, you people would be focusing on trying to froce people to eat better
Until, as I pointed out in my previous posting, you realize that heart disease tends to kill the elderly, not the young. The young are more likely to die from accidents (including accidental gun deaths), suicides (including those by guns), and homicides (including those by guns).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

The only reason people want to carry guns is because they have small d*cks.

The gun is essentially an extension of the pen*s.

Which is why its mostly macho american lunatics that wave their aks in the air on tv.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any of the 8,563 murdered will be throwing their hats in the air and jumping up and down with joy at that statistic, do you? Look, as you know I'm a gun owner, and I agree something should be done. My problem is the word "something". Everyone wants "something" done, but I've yet to find any coherent suggestion that would actually curb the problem. The core problem is the deranged mind that can concoct and carry out his desire for mass murder. If that individual is truly intent on completing his "mission", no legislative deterrent is going to stop him, period. Anyway, I believe this entire discussion is moot as the clamor for new gun control initiatives seems to be slowing to a crawl. The economy, jobs, the deficit will slowly come back to the forefront, and gun control will quietly slip through the cracks as it has in the past.
You're right. Because any sensible person knows that gun control only control guns from the people who aren't going to commit any crimes...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
...oops, meant "frocing"
Your mind is a very strange thing...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the liberl loons forcing McDonald's to have a nutrition label on a friggin burger?
Yep. Not just on the burger--on everything else too.

Nutritional labeling provides important information.

With education directed to the consumer, much can be done to reduce the incidence of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other unhealthy conditions.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
The only reason people want to carry guns is because they have small d*cks.
The gun is essentially an extension of the pen*s.
Which is why its mostly macho american lunatics that wave their aks in the air on tv.
The penis, mightier than the sword.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Because any sensible person knows that gun control only control guns from the people who aren't going to commit any crimes...
Because everyone knows that when people are born, god puts them into two boxes "good" and "evil". And people never ever ever jump from box to box in real life...do they...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think that cause of death is related to gun control, then why did you bring it up in the first place?
To point out that all this BS about gun control is pretty pointless. Considering the percentage of deaths caused by guns versus everything else is minor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••