Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257159 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#146424 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>lol

You'd think with the top killer in America, heart disease, which kills Americans 70 times more than gun murders, you people would be focusing on trying to froce people to eat better.....
I do.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#146425 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You'd think with the top killer in America, heart disease, which kills Americans 70 times more than gun murders, you people would be focusing on trying to froce people to eat better
Until, as I pointed out in my previous posting, you realize that heart disease tends to kill the elderly, not the young. The young are more likely to die from accidents (including accidental gun deaths), suicides (including those by guns), and homicides (including those by guns).

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#146426 Jan 1, 2013
The only reason people want to carry guns is because they have small d*cks.

The gun is essentially an extension of the pen*s.

Which is why its mostly macho american lunatics that wave their aks in the air on tv.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146427 Jan 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any of the 8,563 murdered will be throwing their hats in the air and jumping up and down with joy at that statistic, do you? Look, as you know I'm a gun owner, and I agree something should be done. My problem is the word "something". Everyone wants "something" done, but I've yet to find any coherent suggestion that would actually curb the problem. The core problem is the deranged mind that can concoct and carry out his desire for mass murder. If that individual is truly intent on completing his "mission", no legislative deterrent is going to stop him, period. Anyway, I believe this entire discussion is moot as the clamor for new gun control initiatives seems to be slowing to a crawl. The economy, jobs, the deficit will slowly come back to the forefront, and gun control will quietly slip through the cracks as it has in the past.
You're right. Because any sensible person knows that gun control only control guns from the people who aren't going to commit any crimes...
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#146428 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
...oops, meant "frocing"
Your mind is a very strange thing...

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#146429 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the liberl loons forcing McDonald's to have a nutrition label on a friggin burger?
Yep. Not just on the burger--on everything else too.

Nutritional labeling provides important information.

With education directed to the consumer, much can be done to reduce the incidence of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other unhealthy conditions.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#146430 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The only reason people want to carry guns is because they have small d*cks.
The gun is essentially an extension of the pen*s.
Which is why its mostly macho american lunatics that wave their aks in the air on tv.
The penis, mightier than the sword.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#146431 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Because any sensible person knows that gun control only control guns from the people who aren't going to commit any crimes...
Because everyone knows that when people are born, god puts them into two boxes "good" and "evil". And people never ever ever jump from box to box in real life...do they...?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146432 Jan 1, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think that cause of death is related to gun control, then why did you bring it up in the first place?
To point out that all this BS about gun control is pretty pointless. Considering the percentage of deaths caused by guns versus everything else is minor.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#146433 Jan 1, 2013
The point of it all is that a knife takes effort to kill someone and that a knife is useful for cutting vegetables.

Guns only have one purpose and that is to kill. If you are an unimaginative and fearful hobbyless drone and want to shoot some stupid ass targets targets, grow some balls and use a bow and arrow like a real man.

Buy having guns so freely in a society of idiots, no wonder you guys kill each other more than any country in the "free" world.

So simple to have a solution and yet you pour your sh*t high school story shootings over the world press every f*cking year like infantile idiots.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146434 Jan 1, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Until, as I pointed out in my previous posting, you realize that heart disease tends to kill the elderly, not the young. The young are more likely to die from accidents (including accidental gun deaths), suicides (including those by guns), and homicides (including those by guns).
Sorry, drew. Your previous post showed just accidental deaths, not accidental deaths by gun.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146435 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The only reason people want to carry guns is because they have small d*cks.
The gun is essentially an extension of the pen*s.
Which is why its mostly macho american lunatics that wave their aks in the air on tv.
Well septic, they won't let us wave our shlongs....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146436 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The point of it all is that a knife takes effort to kill someone and that a knife is useful for cutting vegetables.
Guns only have one purpose and that is to kill. If you are an unimaginative and fearful hobbyless drone and want to shoot some stupid ass targets targets, grow some balls and use a bow and arrow like a real man.
Buy having guns so freely in a society of idiots, no wonder you guys kill each other more than any country in the "free" world.
So simple to have a solution and yet you pour your sh*t high school story shootings over the world press every f*cking year like infantile idiots.
Say you're out camping with your family or friends.

Out of nowhere comes a wild animal intent on eating you.

Good thing you have a knife to defend yourself!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#146437 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well septic, they won't let us wave our shlongs....
you guys wave your schongs all over the rest of the world, just look at the sh*t you pull in other countries.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#146438 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Not just on the burger--on everything else too.
Nutritional labeling provides important information.
With education directed to the consumer, much can be done to reduce the incidence of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other unhealthy conditions.
If you try to ban Cheetos mister, you're in for the fight of your life!:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146439 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everyone knows that when people are born, god puts them into two boxes "good" and "evil". And people never ever ever jump from box to box in real life...do they...?
Define everyone.

(I can see you smiling, aero)
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#146440 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The penis, mightier than the sword.
How much damage can a flaccid sword inflict?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146441 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Say you're out camping with your family or friends.
Out of nowhere comes a wild animal intent on eating you.
Good thing you have a knife to defend yourself!
I'm all for hunting, but how often does that actually happen?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146442 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
you guys wave your schongs all over the rest of the world, just look at the sh*t you pull in other countries.
I think your kind calls it "shit pushed in".......

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146443 Jan 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you try to ban Cheetos mister, you're in for the fight of your life!:)
Here, here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr karl44 21,423
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 8 hr ATHEOI 397
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr Eagle 12 10,374
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 10 hr par five 451
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr River Tam 20,327
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 13 hr Romantic Romeo 17
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 14 hr ChristineM 557
More from around the web