Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#146133 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you messing with my friend?
Because if you are , your fertile soil will be my playground.
Thanks, but don't worry, Aura.

Turkeys don't bother me much.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#146134 Dec 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but don't worry, Aura.
Turkeys don't bother me much.
Your welcome , but we all want a turkey sandwich.

Me so hungry!$5.00 preeze.
UIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#146135 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Surely you jest.
America though authoritarian has never committed such genocide as her enemies even upon their own people.
The lamp shines a billion candles on this and the light from liberty so bright
will shine even into the darkest places of your robber tribe regimes that curse the name of Columbia.
Her power will invade your sanctity and holy places as liberty is recognized worldwide and enforced by the blood of patriots.
http://bluestarowl.files.wordpress.com/2012/0...
No jest 179 nations support Cuba over obnoxious warring US sanctions, as US is losing its respect in world for being a warmonger.
---
UNITED STATES WARS AND INTERVENTIONS SINCE 1945:
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria...

"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky

above is just a partial list ugly US history of many wars..., does not include all wars since birth of many ugly US wars on the world.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146136 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
For once I agree with you but the laws here are A LOT tougher than you realise:-
1. You can only own a gun/s if you are a member of a gun club.
2. The gun/s must to be stored at the gun club.
3. Professional shooters can store their guns at home BUT the guns and ammo (and I think the bolts as well ) have to be store in separate locked safes.
4. Dumb-dumbs and AP are just out right banned.
5. All military 'style' weapons banned.
6. Saw off barrels banned.
7. Fully auto banned no matter the clip size
8. Silencers banned
Anything out side of this can get you jail time.
Does it stop people killing each; no but it does make it difficult.
Sounds pretty much like the gun laws in California, except keeping them at a gun club.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146137 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist BS site. now find some real peer reviewed documentation.
Chirp
Chirp
Chirp
I'm not a creationist, but which part did you find to be creationist BS?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146138 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a creationist, but which part did you find to be creationist BS?
Then why use a creationist web site?

Location hidden

#146139 Dec 31, 2012
UIDIOTRACESMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> No jest 179 nations support Cuba over obnoxious warring US sanctions, as US is losing its respect in world for being a warmonger.
---
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria...
"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky
above is just a partial list ugly US history of many wars..., does not include all wars since birth of many ugly US wars on the world.
Well do you want any messages you want relayed to your next of stupid?

Before I show you how you get messed up bad and Fu'bared?

Location hidden

#146140 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text> No jest 179 nations support Cuba over obnoxious warring US sanctions, as US is losing its respect in world for being a warmonger.
---
Noam Chomsky
Well my friend are you really arguing that you indeed should be placed on the enemy combatants list?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#146141 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Infidels preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yeah. IMHO it's even more embarrassing to have your religious hypocrisy pointed out to you by a non-believer than otherwise.
Aint that a freaking tub full of Russian hot runny cowshitskys?
Cowboy if you are going to preach to me. You damn sure better be believing in Christ as God of all Gods and the creator of all life.
Nope. I'm my observation is correct. My skepticism has nothing whatever to do with it.
Since you took the liberty to use scripture that you donít believe.
Is the scripture not correct if quoted by an atheist? Lol.
Let me refer you to Acts 19:13-20 that I do believe.
King James Version (KJV)
13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
So I ask you a question,, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
In other words itís saying,ďWho in the f*ck are you?Ē
Did not Jesus get a bull whip and whip some ass one day?
Donít preach to me Wildride.
So Paul was wrong in Galatians? Interesting.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#146142 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun rights activist have screwed themselves over and all the rest of us legal gun owners because of their stubbornness. Itís all because they didnít want to give one inch. Well now they are going to lose 10 miles.
Why do so many Christian Fundamentalists in this country support gun ownership anyway? Doesn't it pretty clearly contradict Christian (pacifist)ideology? What weapons did Jesus ever carry around or use, or support the use of? In fact, doesn't Jesus say you should allow yourself to be repeatedly slapped (Matthew 5:39)?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146143 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why we have a defense force.
Oh ya, that one under Her Majesty, The Queen?

LMMFAO!

Don't worry, if the jihads attack you, America's got your back.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146144 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why use a creationist web site?
Because it makes sense.

Again, which part did you find to be BS?

United States

#146145 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well my friend are you really arguing that you indeed should be placed on the enemy combatants list?
Well my friend , Then you must place 70% of AMerican population as the Combatants list for disagreeing with illicit US was!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146146 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do so many Christian Fundamentalists in this country support gun ownership anyway? Doesn't it pretty clearly contradict Christian (pacifist)ideology? What weapons did Jesus ever carry around or use, or support the use of? In fact, doesn't Jesus say you should allow yourself to be repeatedly slapped (Matthew 5:39)?
You're mistakenly under the assumption that we want guns to kill people with....

United States

#146147 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well do you want any messages you want relayed to your next of stupid?
Before I show you how you get messed up bad and Fu'bared?
yes you US Xtain Warmonger/US war-for-profiteers are ruining US and the world with your War machines ! And, warring US BUSh and Co is being tried fro war crimes against humanity at the International war crimes Tribinal, so you wanmt to be on the list as World war criminal kjust like Bush & co, at it take INTERNATIONAL LAW FOR WAR CRIMES AGAISNT HUMANITY TAKE precedence over US lAW . DEAL WITH THAT OUR USA WAR MONGERING mtf!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146148 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text> Well my friend , Then you must place 70% of AMerican population as the Combatants list for disagreeing with illicit US was!
More ignorant opinions?

Would you prefer we let Cuba attack you? Hey, we'll sit idly by & watch while your home gets bombed and your life gets taken....

Popcorn?

United States

#146149 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mistakenly under the assumption that we want guns to kill people with....
US MILITARY WITH BASE RELIGION AS xTAIN fUNDIE, KILLED MANY AROUND WORLD.

United States

#146150 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well my friend are you really arguing that you indeed should be placed on the enemy combatants list?
yes you US Xtain Warmonger/US war-for-profiteers are ruining US and the world with your War machines ! And, warring US BUSh and Co is being tried fOR war crimes against humanity at the International war crimes Tribinal, so you want to be on the list as World war criminal just like Bush & co, aS THIS INTERNATIONAL LAW FOR WAR CRIMES AGAISNT HUMANITY TAKE precedence over US lAW.... DEAL WITH THAT OUR USA WAR MONGERING mtf!

United States

#146151 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More ignorant opinions?
Would you prefer we let Cuba attack you? Hey, we'll sit idly by & watch while your home gets bombed and your life gets taken....
Popcorn?
cUBA HAD NEVER ATTACKED ANY ONE! ALREADY 179 nations support cuba and only 3 allies support USA, why is that?

Time for u to do little research

United States

#146152 Dec 31, 2012
Add1 not an opinion Aura mythra our US Xtain fundie warring world barbarian! BHAHAHHAAa

Democracy Now!| Democracy Now! Headlines for April 16, 2008
www.democracynow.org/2008/4/16/headlines

... a new Washington Post-ABC News poll has found 70 percent of the country disapproves of the way President Bush ... State of War, and for articles he ... Pakistan and the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 21 min Save This Nation 2,266
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 2 hr Thinking 28
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr Thinking 119
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Thinking 23,178
God' existence 2 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 1,442
Atheism does not exist at all 3 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web