Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146090 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have used a ';' not a comma. But since you are not perfect, "if one if rom", I don't feel too bad.
That wouldn't change it at all.

"from the hills of Kentucky and the US; all you have if gods and guns"

Again - What is "Kentucky and the US"?????

Can you not answer a simple f_cking question?
UIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#146091 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC 'news' is a very liberal 'news' program, but there are all those points that I made. Also, we have Mexico, with it's problems with drug cartels that you don't have. There are too many differences to make a good comparison.
The three countries that I know of, off the top of my head, that have strict gun laws, are island nations.
For what it is worth, I have entertained several Aussies and Japanese, here in the States and everyone of them has enjoyed the gun range with me. Some who had their children with them, allowed me to teach them gun safety and allowed them to shoot.
Now, just as a sport, the guns are not worth so many innocent lives, but as a right, I am not willing to give that up. There are great reasons behind us having this right and it should not be given up. There are ways of dealing with the issue and forcing law abiding citizens to become defenseless is not one of them.
you forgot those corrupted US intel is also in the Drug-for-profitering business and this ties in with US small arms manufacturers who provide incentive to keep business and American Drug addicts that keep world illegal drug business going!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146092 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Infidels preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Aint that a freaking tub full of Russian hot runny cowshitskys?
Cowboy if you are going to preach to me. You damn sure better be believing in Christ as God of all Gods and the creator of all life.
Since you took the liberty to use scripture that you donít believe. Let me refer you to Acts 19:13-20 that I do believe.
King James Version (KJV)
13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
So I ask you a question,, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
In other words itís saying,ďWho in the f*ck are you?Ē
<1> Did not Jesus get a bull whip and whip some ass one day?
Donít preach to me Wildride.
1. So far, no. Unless you have something to present that's actually evidence to demonstrate the following:

The specific person named Jesus was actually the one spoken of.

The specific person actually went through what the book states.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#146093 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboy if you are going to preach to me.
That's not a sentence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146094 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, defenseless against what?
Dumb question....

Oh, maybe a home invasion robber armed with a bat.

Or a jihadist terrorist armed with a friggin box cutter. It sure would've been nice if someone could've shoved a shotgun in their murderous faces!

Just for starters..........

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#146095 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, defenseless against what?
You name it. The our government, another governments, thugs. Our Forefathers seen what governments can do to their people and they did not want to see that happen here.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146096 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
My evidence is that you have none to support your assertion. Asserting something without evidence is lying. You are asserting it happened, I'm saying I see no evidence to suggest this, you don't present any, therefore you are lying. I'm just asking for evidence to support your assertion, so where is it?
Oh, and the turn about only works when you actually are on equal terms, we're not, you made the assertion, I did not, you cannot turn that about.
There, you did it again - pretending that your word is evidence. It don't work that way, Koder.

See watch, I can do it too: My evidence is that you have none to support your assertion. Asserting something without evidence is lying.

Koder says the Great Flood didn't happen, that's fact.

Redneck says the Great Flood did happen, he's lying.

WTF?!?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146097 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That wouldn't change it at all.
"from the hills of Kentucky and the US; all you have if gods and guns"
Again - What is "Kentucky and the US"?????
Can you not answer a simple f_cking question?
LOL! Everyone else figured out exactly what I meant, why are you having such a problem?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146098 Dec 31, 2012
"The New York Times has referred to Australia's gun laws as a "road map" for the US, saying that "in the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings - but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect."

It does not matter who reported what, the facts are simple:-

"in the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings - but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect."

The same thing was reported in the OZ press.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146099 Dec 31, 2012
UIDIOTRACESMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>you forgot those corrupted US intel is also in the Drug-for-profitering business and this ties in with US small arms manufacturers who provide incentive to keep business and American Drug addicts that keep world illegal drug business going!
Just because I did not write down every reason, does not mean that I forgot anything.

People who break the law are not going to give up their guns, right? So, by taking guns away, you are mostly only helping the criminal.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146100 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun rights advocates really don't need your help! You can go back to lying and insulting for jesus.
Gun rights activist have screwed themselves over and all the rest of us legal gun owners because of their stubbornness. Itís all because they didnít want to give one inch. Well now they are going to lose 10 miles.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#146101 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Up where, Kentucky and the US?
Absolutely

United States

#146102 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I did not write down every reason, does not mean that I forgot anything.
People who break the law are not going to give up their guns, right? So, by taking guns away, you are mostly only helping the criminal.
Sure as those in dirty business don't want want to mention as most work for those US evils, the US gestapo, US war-for-profiters, US arms/weapons manufacturers. drugs-for-[profitering... profiting from nisery of humanity!

United States

#146103 Dec 31, 2012
misery not nisery!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146104 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Everyone else figured out exactly what I meant, why are you having such a problem?
OK. So you can't answer a question. Got it.

Location hidden

#146105 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There, you did it again - pretending that your word is evidence. It don't work that way, Koder.
See watch, I can do it too: My evidence is that you have none to support your assertion. Asserting something without evidence is lying.
Koder says the Great Flood didn't happen, that's fact.
Redneck says the Great Flood did happen, he's lying.
WTF?!?
The evidence is on her side. Besides that we still like you despite your penance for mythology.:)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146106 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
"The New York Times has referred to Australia's gun laws as a "road map" for the US, saying that "in the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings - but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect."
"in the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings - but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect."
I realize the argument is, it wouldn't be as easy, if they did not have firearms, and that is true.

But it still can be done.

Childers Palace Fire - In June 2000, drifter and con-artist Robert Long started a fire at the Childers Palace backpackers hostel that killed 15 people.

Monash University shooting - In October 2002, Huan Yun Xiang, a student, shot his classmates and teacher, killing two and injuring five.

Luckily, Huan was a lousy shot.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146107 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
Australians better hope the jihad doesn't come their way.....

Location hidden

#146108 Dec 31, 2012
UIDIOTRACESMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Sure as those in dirty business don't want want to mention as most work for those US evils, the US gestapo, US war-for-profiters, US arms/weapons manufacturers. drugs-for-[profitering... profiting from nisery of humanity!
Well if you wanna not like me why don't you just say so?

Then I can nisery your humanity. WTF ever that means?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146109 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
Actually I like Australians gun laws.

If Iím correct citizens can still own guns but they canít be semi-automatic or fully automatic.

That would be difficult to pull off over here in the US. I would be in favor of limiting all gun magazines to 8 rounds. Both for handguns and semi-auto guns. Fully automatic weapons should be completely outlawed here.

We also need a law that all guns must be secured.

Armor piercing ammo needs to be outlawed.

Another factor is the gun violence being betrayed by Hollywood and E-Games.

We shall see what our President can get done on this issue. I support some changes.

Gun laws may help some but nut jobs will find a way to be murders like the goons that killed 173 people in your country by arson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr P_Smith 1
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 1 hr P_Smith 1
Siro is writing a new book 2 hr Siro 4
Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and "New Atheists" aren'... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr thetruth 862
The Rapture of the Atheists (Nov '09) 5 hr thetruth 7,110
Studies show many Americans not reading the Bib... 5 hr thetruth 18

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE