Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146072 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask Koder the same?
No?
odd......
No not at all you are making the claim:-

"The Flood happened."

with no proof. I on the other hand have shown:-
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I will spell it out and type sslloowwllyy for you:-
Data:-
Mt Everest
H= 29029ft
= 29029 x 12
= 348348 inc
Time 40 days and nights
t= 40 days
There are 60 mins in an hour
therefor
t= 40 x 60
= 57600 mins
hence the average rain fall rate around the world on the surface of the ground is:-
Rf = 348348/57600
= 6.04771 inc/min
thus the rain falling on the decks was falling at the rate of:-
= 6.04771 inc/min
Please note that I do not say all the rain required to flood the world fell on the Ark.
However I made a mistake in remembering the mass rate on the decks (I did the original calculations over 12 months ago) it is in fact:-
Mr = 484tonnes per min.
Notwithstanding that the standing water on the decks remains the same.
Which you ignored.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#146073 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't.
You said:
"When you are from the hills of Kentucky and the US, guns and god are all you know..."
See the comma?
"When you are from the hills of Kentucky and the US,"
"guns and god are all you know..."
You are implying that if one if rom "the hills of Kentucky and the US" then all they know are gods and guns...
So I ask again, what is "the hills of Kentucky and the US"??
Up there I think they know how to moonshine and make meth labs too?
Just saying...,

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146074 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own country in 2009, 173 people were mass murdered by arsonist. Not to mention the millions of animals that died in the fires. Perhaps Australia should outlaw, gasoline, flammables, matches, fire starter, lighters, magnifying glass and flint. Your road map needs some more work.
I was talking about firearms not fires, I know you have a problem with reading ..... but.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#146075 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
"The New York Times has referred to Australia's gun laws as a "road map" for the US, saying that "in the 18 years before the law, Australia suffered 13 mass shootings - but not one in the 14 years after the law took full effect."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-17/us-urge...
ABC 'news' is a very liberal 'news' program, but there are all those points that I made. Also, we have Mexico, with it's problems with drug cartels that you don't have. There are too many differences to make a good comparison.

The three countries that I know of, off the top of my head, that have strict gun laws, are island nations.

For what it is worth, I have entertained several Aussies and Japanese, here in the States and everyone of them has enjoyed the gun range with me. Some who had their children with them, allowed me to teach them gun safety and allowed them to shoot.

Now, just as a sport, the guns are not worth so many innocent lives, but as a right, I am not willing to give that up. There are great reasons behind us having this right and it should not be given up. There are ways of dealing with the issue and forcing law abiding citizens to become defenseless is not one of them.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146076 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Which news source do you consider sufficiently neutral and objective then?
None that I have found, yet! They are going for ratings over news.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#146077 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Na nanny boo boo, you can't stop me.
[Sticking tounge out]. Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Being a Christian puts you at a distinct disadvantage here, because you are being held by Jesus to emulate Him as much as you possibly can, whereas an atheist is being forced to follow such a template. Moreover, Paul said in Galatians 5:22-23 that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". If you believe in the Holy Spirit, shouldn't we see you exhibiting those traits most of the time? Maybe the Holy Spirit knows you not.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146078 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't.
You said:
"When you are from the hills of Kentucky and the US, guns and god are all you know..."
See the comma?
"When you are from the hills of Kentucky and the US,"
"guns and god are all you know..."
You are implying that if one if rom "the hills of Kentucky and the US" then all they know are gods and guns...
So I ask again, what is "the hills of Kentucky and the US"??
I should have used a ';' not a comma. But since you are not perfect, "if one if rom", I don't feel too bad.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146079 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about firearms not fires, I know you have a problem with reading ..... but.
I was talking about mass murders not mass f*ck*d up confused thinking on your part.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146080 Dec 31, 2012
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Busy, Meaning family, fun, horseback riding, skiing, boating! So much to do in So Cal... It's a beautiful day, get off this thread for awhile, and enjoy! ps.. Your posts are very important to me... Off to make lunch, I'll be back later... By the way, how do most on here post non-stop? That in itself would make anyone angry, with all the negative... God, or not... Life's to short....:) hugs, N.
I am not on all that much either, so I understand that. It is just a tread that I noticed. When you hit a believer with some tough questions, ones that they cannot simply deny, such as the fossil record, or carbon dating, they say, "I am too busy right now to answer, but I really want to!" It turns out that they are just BSing me, stalling until the subject is forgotten.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146081 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC 'news' is a very liberal 'news' program, but there are all those points that I made. Also, we have Mexico, with it's problems with drug cartels that you don't have. There are too many differences to make a good comparison.
The three countries that I know of, off the top of my head, that have strict gun laws, are island nations.
For what it is worth, I have entertained several Aussies and Japanese, here in the States and everyone of them has enjoyed the gun range with me. Some who had their children with them, allowed me to teach them gun safety and allowed them to shoot.
Now, just as a sport, the guns are not worth so many innocent lives, but as a right, I am not willing to give that up. There are great reasons behind us having this right and it should not be given up. There are ways of dealing with the issue and forcing law abiding citizens to become defenseless is not one of them.
With all due respect, defenseless against what?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#146082 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about mass murders not mass f*ck*d up confused thinking on your part.
Gun rights advocates really don't need your help! You can go back to lying and insulting for jesus.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#146083 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your comment. The following was taken from Wiki:
Wiki:
Jefferson rejected the orthodox Christianity of his day and was especially hostile to the Catholic Church as he saw it operate in France.
Throughout his life Jefferson was intensely interested in theology, biblical study, and morality. As a landowner he played a role in governing his local Episcopal Church; in terms of belief he was inclined toward Deism and the moral philosophy of Christianity, though when he was home he attended the Episcopal church and raised his daughters in that faith.
In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence...
You missed the point of what he wrote in that letter. Jefferson liked many of Jesus' teachings and philosophy, but so do many secular/atheist/agnostic scholars. This does not make them Christians.

Also from Wikipedia:

Terminology such as "Nature's God" - which Jefferson used in the Declaration of Independence - are typical of Deism, although they were also used at the time by non-Deist thinkers, such as Francis Hutcheson. In addition, it was part of Roman thinking about natural law, and Jefferson was influenced by reading Cicero on this topic.[19][20]
Most deists denied the Christian concepts of miracles and the Trinity. Though he had a lifelong esteem for Jesus' moral teachings, Jefferson did not believe in miracles, nor in the divinity of Jesus. In a letter to deRieux in 1788, he declined a request to act as a godfather, saying he had been unable to accept the doctrine of the Trinity "from a very early part of my life".[14][21]
Jefferson was directly linked to deism in the writings of some of his contemporaries. Patrick Henry's widow wrote in 1799, "I wish the Grate Jefferson & all the Heroes of the Deistical party could have seen my... Husband pay his last debt to nature."[22][23]

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#146085 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, defenseless against what?
Any sort of intruder.

D'Artganan, we also protect each other.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146086 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a Christian puts you at a distinct disadvantage here, because you are being held by Jesus to emulate Him as much as you possibly can, whereas an atheist is being forced to follow such a template. Moreover, Paul said in Galatians 5:22-23 that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". If you believe in the Holy Spirit, shouldn't we see you exhibiting those traits most of the time? Maybe the Holy Spirit knows you not.
Infidels preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Aint that a freaking tub full of Russian hot runny cowshitskys?

Cowboy if you are going to preach to me. You damn sure better be believing in Christ as God of all Gods and the creator of all life.

Since you took the liberty to use scripture that you donít believe. Let me refer you to Acts 19:13-20 that I do believe.

King James Version (KJV)

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

So I ask you a question,, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

In other words itís saying,ďWho in the f*ck are you?Ē

Did not Jesus get a bull whip and whip some ass one day?

Donít preach to me Wildride.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#146087 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all you are making the claim:-
"The Flood happened."
with no proof. I on the other hand have shown:-
<quoted text>
Which you ignored.
I did not ignore, I replied to you on Friday.

Remember, I asked you to recalculate it for where it supposedly happened, Mt Aratat?

You ignored that.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146088 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Up there I think they know how to moonshine and make meth labs too?
Just saying...,
Up where, Kentucky and the US?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146089 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's your argument?
OK....
eological, archeological, and dendrochronology shows evidence of a world wide flood. This has been hashed out a million times, even the logistics just makes it possible. So where is your evidence?
That was easy.
My evidence is that you have none to support your assertion. Asserting something without evidence is lying. You are asserting it happened, I'm saying I see no evidence to suggest this, you don't present any, therefore you are lying. I'm just asking for evidence to support your assertion, so where is it?

Oh, and the turn about only works when you actually are on equal terms, we're not, you made the assertion, I did not, you cannot turn that about.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146090 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have used a ';' not a comma. But since you are not perfect, "if one if rom", I don't feel too bad.
That wouldn't change it at all.

"from the hills of Kentucky and the US; all you have if gods and guns"

Again - What is "Kentucky and the US"?????

Can you not answer a simple f_cking question?
UIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#146091 Dec 31, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot those corrupted US intel is also in the Drug-for-profitering business and this ties in with US small arms manufacturers who provide incentive to keep business and American Drug addicts that keep world illegal drug business going!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146092 Dec 31, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Infidels preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Aint that a freaking tub full of Russian hot runny cowshitskys?
Cowboy if you are going to preach to me. You damn sure better be believing in Christ as God of all Gods and the creator of all life.
Since you took the liberty to use scripture that you donít believe. Let me refer you to Acts 19:13-20 that I do believe.
King James Version (KJV)
13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
So I ask you a question,, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
In other words itís saying,ďWho in the f*ck are you?Ē
<1> Did not Jesus get a bull whip and whip some ass one day?
Donít preach to me Wildride.
1. So far, no. Unless you have something to present that's actually evidence to demonstrate the following:

The specific person named Jesus was actually the one spoken of.

The specific person actually went through what the book states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 min thetruth 2,624
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 19 min thetruth 23,274
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 24 min thetruth 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 27 min thetruth 177
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 34 min thetruth 213
God' existence 37 min thetruth 96
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 52 min thetruth 5,954
More from around the web