Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#145991 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ew. We have a pigeon problem here, our sidewalks are a mess in areas where people are stupid enough to feed them. Goose is probably a lot bigger, so I can imagine.
Eeeeewwww.. imagine Goose thoughts about humans?? Mind boggles, so will simply say goodnight......

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145992 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Can you not comprehend that those that were the Scribes for the Prophets in the Bible were not only over 6,000 years old, in some situations, but that they had not the understanding that we have in as much as how the Universe is?
When was the flood? Ask the scientists, they are the ones bragging about the fossils they have found.....
There was no flood.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145993 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ew. We have a pigeon problem here, our sidewalks are a mess in areas where people are stupid enough to feed them. Goose is probably a lot bigger, so I can imagine.
01Jan13.....

.....you must be livin' in Champs des Mars, Paris.

Ps:.....Do you drag yer dog inside the corner grocery shops and allow them to piss up the side of someOne elses bag sitting on da floor???

God bless da French. May dey always remain as stupid as you.

Happy New Year to you, Phuck you berry much toooooooo.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145994 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Google much?
See Gen 7:10,11
What's matter, you don't like been caught out?

#145995 Dec 31, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>01Jan13.....
.....you must be livin' in Champs des Mars, Paris.
Ps:.....Do you drag yer dog inside the corner grocery shops and allow them to piss up the side of someOne elses bag sitting on da floor???
God bless da French. May dey always remain as stupid as you.
Happy New Year to you, Phuck you berry much toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
Mmmh; I can only wonder at anyone who calls others stupid for feeding animals or birds; but I am a well known animal lover and thank GOD daily for Blessing me with Pets!! Happy New Year ~ the Gooses of the world have rights too :)

#145996 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no flood.
Tell that to the scientists who demand that they have fossilized proof ..... I would love to hear that debate LOL :)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#145997 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They are looking for the negative ~ hence they will never find the positive :( ; until of course, they change their 'direction' or 'course'... and end up on the beaten track :)
Agreed.

It's funny how they use the Bible to their advantage when it suits them.

The same Bible they don't believe in.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#145998 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no flood.
You forgot to add "In my opinion".....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#145999 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What's matter, you don't like been caught out?
First of all, the correct phrase is "called out", not caught out.

Second, you didn't call me out on anything.

I shoed that you like to google your anti-theists answers...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#146000 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the scientists who demand that they have fossilized proof ..... I would love to hear that debate LOL :)
Oh, no....

Not evidence?!?

What will the athitards do now?

(I'll bet 50 bucks that they'll shit talk those scientists & say they're not "real" scientists....)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#146001 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do they migrate, but they go all the way from the northern US to the same spot in Mexico where they gather in numbers so huge that their weight breaks tree limbs.
On top of this, the average lifespan of the Monarch is only 2 to 6 weeks. Except for the last of the season that makes the migration. Those live from August or September, when the migration starts, until April or so.
They've had bad years due to deforestation in their overwintering spot and lack of milkweed on their migratory route. I guess when they migrate back north, their normal life cycle starts again and their caterpillars feed on milkweed.
If you live along their route, you can get milkweed seed and plant waystations for them.
My ex and I used to find their eggs on our milkweed and keep them until they metamorphosed into adults and then release them. We've hatched over a hundred in some years.
One of these years, I'm going to get a tagging kit used to better track their migration.
Two thumbs up.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146002 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually ~ believers do everything they can not to do the wrong thing..... no golden ticket, Kitty, just comprehension that we only earn what we deserve!!
So you are going to make a veiled not true Scotsman fallacy.

The main point is that if you need a 24-7 babysitter to do what's right, then you are mentally unstable and incapable of living on your own anyway, because that means you have desires to hurt other people.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146003 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the scientists who demand that they have fossilized proof ..... I would love to hear that debate LOL :)
What scientists? Where is this "proof?" I would like to see it.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146004 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
Name them.

Location hidden

#146005 Dec 31, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Mmmh; I can only wonder at anyone who calls others stupid for feeding animals or birds; but I am a well known animal lover and thank GOD daily for Blessing me with Pets!! Happy New Year ~ the Gooses of the world have rights too :)
01Jan13.....

.....BobLoblah's earlier posting...NOT meant for you 'Serah'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Southern Illinois

#146006 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a local REAL incident that happened here a few years back.
Two pilots wrecked a perfectly good airplane when they crash landed in the woods short of the runway after running out of fuel.
They credited their relatively minor injuries to the prayers they always say before each and every flight.
Their time would have been better spent checking their fuel.
When I lived in Houston we had a case where a pilot from the Air Force landed a T-38 on a small municipal airport.
The airport he landed at was like for small single engine planes just outside of Houston.

He landed ok but when he realized his mistake he didn’t have enough runway to take off again. So they had to tow the aircraft on the main roads all the way back to Ellington AFB.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146007 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the correct phrase is "called out", not caught out.
Second, you didn't call me out on anything.
I shoed that you like to google your anti-theists answers...
Actually I am from Oz and 'caught out' is the correct term.

You have been 'caught out' because you don't what part of the bibull to quote from.

Location hidden

#146008 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no....
Not evidence?!?
What will the athitards do now?
(I'll bet 50 bucks that they'll shit talk those scientists & say they're not "real" scientists....)
01Jan13.....

.....'athitards' call Christian posters who use 'more' than one moniker.....'sockpuppets'.

Ps:.....BobLoblah calls 'athitards' who use 'more' than one moniker.....'cockPuppets'.

You vill win your 50 bucks, and dat's fer shure.

Happy New Year.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#146009 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add "In my opinion".....
No.

Southern Illinois

#146010 Dec 31, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no flood.
Dorothy, click your glass slippers three times and say,

“There was no flood,” three times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,289
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Mikko 2
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 6 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 7 hr Thinking 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr _Bad Company 143
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web