Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,141 - 140,160 of 225,646 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've shit larger things than that.
I believe it ... especially if they're unconscious. But I fail to see why a display of stupid is a good thing, care to explain why we should be impressed with your stupid?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it ... especially if they're unconscious. But I fail to see why a display of stupid is a good thing, care to explain why we should be impressed with your stupid?
Who said you should be impressed?

If I only read stupidity that is impressive, I could never respond to you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said you should be impressed?
If I only read stupidity that is impressive, I could never respond to you.
Interesting, so you think someone actually reading what the scientific minds post on here is "stupid" but hitting people for no reason is "smart." .... very interesting.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not practice what you preach, then?
Your denigrating personal comments about Hispanics, directed to me, were not respectful. You placed all Hispanics in a very bad light--you know, riding donkeys, speaking Spanglish, having chickens indoors.
I have been abrasive to you because of your narcissistic behavior. Your ego needed to be deflated because it was and sometimes still is the size of the Goodyear Blimp.

I will relinquish when you stop being a needling narcissistic bully. A troubling side with you is your need to role play as women. Iím not sure what would cause a man to act that way.

Anyway I would prefer a more amiable relationship with you but so far you havenít found it in your heart to stop acting like a jerk.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Adults who believe in fairy tales do not deserve respect.
Thatís how the Nazis viewed the Jews.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Seems Eagle thinks his religion should get respect but not anyone else. Interesting.
The opening of the United States Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson in 1776, states as follows:

ďWe hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;Ē

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been abrasive to you because of your narcissistic behavior. Your ego needed to be deflated because it was and sometimes still is the size of the Goodyear Blimp.
I will relinquish when you stop being a needling narcissistic bully. A troubling side with you is your need to role play as women. Iím not sure what would cause a man to act that way.
Anyway I would prefer a more amiable relationship with you but so far you havenít found it in your heart to stop acting like a jerk.
Gah, you really are as vile as they asserted. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you spew nothing but horrible ad-homs toward someone just because they asked you a very simple question. You are disgusting.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Nazis blamed the Jews for a mythological figure's death.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've shit larger things than that.
What do use to dispose of this massive steamy pile?
A industrial wood chipper with a seat on it?
I know it's a whopper of a shitty story.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The opening of the United States Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson in 1776, states as follows:
ďWe hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;Ē
That's nice. Doesn't change that you're a vile bigot who thinks their religion should get special privileges.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Matthew 5:39

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a blimp , it was one of Buck's droppings.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
are created equal
Unless they disagree with you. Then they're unequal.

Ironically, Thomas Jefferson was a deist. Not a Christian or any other religion. He, and many other founding fathers, were free thinkers.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Itís now New Years Eve here in the Untied States Central Time Zone.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Have fun celebrating.

Please if you drink, donít drive!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown.
Much needed when the ice and snow cakes up on the windshield.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
History is not your strong point: but we already knew that.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Itís now New Years Eve here in the Untied States Central Time Zone.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Have fun celebrating.
Please if you drink, donít drive!
Erm, um ... not until 24 hours from now.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they disagree with you. Then they're unequal.
Ironically, Thomas Jefferson was a deist. Not a Christian or any other religion. He, and many other founding fathers, were free thinkers.
Thank you for your comment. The following was taken from Wiki:

Wiki:

Jefferson rejected the orthodox Christianity of his day and was especially hostile to the Catholic Church as he saw it operate in France.

Throughout his life Jefferson was intensely interested in theology, biblical study, and morality. As a landowner he played a role in governing his local Episcopal Church; in terms of belief he was inclined toward Deism and the moral philosophy of Christianity, though when he was home he attended the Episcopal church and raised his daughters in that faith.

In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence...

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same argument could be used for pot smoking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••