Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#145885 Dec 30, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how the rest of know you are clutching at straws? You post inane personal remarks which have nothing to do with the topic.
You know, I think you were dropped on your head when you were a kid....repeatedly.
Iím not trying to humiliate you here Rich. Bullyism is why so many of your comments are negative and personally demeaning. The hate filled bullyism you faced as a child is being replicated in you. That part of your persona was shaped in childhood.

How many times have you ever said anything gracious here on topix against your opponents? You havenít and your not going to. Itís not in you to show any acts of kindness.

As you know I have been guilty myself of being offensive. At least I do on occasion show some acts of friendliness. You probably donít believe me but I do feel a kinship to the Atheist on this site. And on occasions I have sided with Atheist.

There is a big difference in the personalities among our topix Atheist. There are some who are constantly rude and offensive. Then there are some who are above the fray and are always cordial. The cordial ones thoughts are not lost but seems to carry further than the hateful ones.

Peace..........

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#145886 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 19.
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.
It never happens and it never will.
I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LUOsyBPFfAoXX
Straight, gay, young, old, eventually we all wind up as worm food. It's your words that last, your actions that live forever. It is your deeds that perpetuate your name. It is the impressions you leave behind that make you immortal ... or not. The kindness will last forever.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145887 Dec 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you were bullied. Kids can be downright mean sometimes.
Interesting how you ignored the actual point of my post.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145888 Dec 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not trying to humiliate you here Rich. Bullyism is why so many of your comments are negative and personally demeaning. The hate filled bullyism you faced as a child is being replicated in you. That part of your persona was shaped in childhood.
How many times have you ever said anything gracious here on topix against your opponents? You havenít and your not going to. Itís not in you to show any acts of kindness.
As you know I have been guilty myself of being offensive. At least I do on occasion show some acts of friendliness. You probably donít believe me but I do feel a kinship to the Atheist on this site. And on occasions I have sided with Atheist.
There is a big difference in the personalities among our topix Atheist. There are some who are constantly rude and offensive. Then there are some who are above the fray and are always cordial. The cordial ones thoughts are not lost but seems to carry further than the hateful ones.
Peace..........
People who choose to be ignorant, choose myths over reality, who think their version of god is real and everybody else is wrong do not deserve to be treated with respect.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145889 Dec 30, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
People who choose to be ignorant, choose myths over reality, who think their version of god is real and everybody else is wrong do not deserve to be treated with respect.
To translate Richard's point into an old Conservative saying:

Respect is earned, not given.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#145890 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To translate Richard's point into an old Conservative saying:
Respect is earned, not given.
Yep.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#145891 Dec 30, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!!! I HOPE U ALL HAVE A GREAT 2013!!:-)

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#145892 Dec 30, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You missed my point ~ he went home and lived naturally; with his parents, when he was in his 60's..... longevity is found where science isn't, was my point!!
Your example was not a good one - spontaneous remission has nothing to do with how you live. It's just luck. On the other hand, doctors can remove cancer (thanks to, you guessed it - SCIENCE!), and it has a much higher rate of survival than praying that you are healed randomly.

Longevity is found in genes. Some people will simply have longer lives than others. Science, however, can compensate those who would not be able to live longer lives through various treatments and medicine.

It doesn't mean it's a perfect system. It doesn't mean that the people who control the system are "good people," either. Regardless, it certainly helps more people than it harms. I don't just know this because of studies, either. I know this because more than one of my family members have had their lives saved thanks to the breakthroughs in medical science.

Location hidden

#145893 Dec 30, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Lets add to the list. The Egyptians had a well developed civilization at that time, as did China, and absolutely no mention or records of a devastating world wide flood. Both civilizations would have been destroyed, they weren't!!!! It would take an EXTRA 3.4 billion cubic MILES of EXTRA water to cover the globe including mouton ranges. Where did that water come from and where did it go? And to enhance one of your valid points. A world wide flood would have left a SINGLE IDENTIFIABLE LAYER OF SEDIMENT DATED BACK TO THAT SPECIFIC TIME IN EARTHS HISTORY..........THERE IS NONE!!!!!!
Why do supposedly intelligent people believe in magical events and mythical beings? The power of early brainwashing is on display!!!!
I had to go to a Christian high school... One of my teachers thought every piece of evidence that contradicted what the Bible says was planted by the devil. It's baffling.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145894 Dec 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!!! I HOPE U ALL HAVE A GREAT 2013!!:-)
31Dec12.....

....ALL the happy practicing Christians hereIN will, but ALL the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists will continue on with their miserable lives.

Ps:.....Stand by and lookIN next year this dime for proof.

Meanwhile, you 'clementia'... and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year from BobLoblah.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145895 Dec 30, 2012
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to go to a Christian high school... One of my teachers thought every piece of evidence that contradicted what the Bible says was planted by the devil. It's baffling.
31Dec12.....

....you thought your thoughts about your teacher's thoughts because you were always on 'dope' in HighSchool.

Ps:.....Welcome to the Schidt-For-Brains Club. You made it jest in dime. its an exclusive Club. You'll like it. BobLoblah will someDimes make you an offer you can't refuse.

....members will eventually introduce demSelves by the lunatic, and assinine statements they make.

Who nose. You might even make it to da head of da class during da New Year.

MeanDime....Merry Christmas...and Phuck you toooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#145896 Dec 30, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>31Dec12.....
....you thought your thoughts about your teacher's thoughts because you were always on 'dope' in HighSchool.
Ps:.....Welcome to the Schidt-For-Brains Club. You made it jest in dime. its an exclusive Club. You'll like it. BobLoblah will someDimes make you an offer you can't refuse.
....members will eventually introduce demSelves by the lunatic, and assinine statements they make.
Who nose. You might even make it to da head of da class during da New Year.
MeanDime....Merry Christmas...and Phuck you toooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You Christians don't do a good job of representing Christ. Why don't you go read the Bible?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#145897 Dec 30, 2012
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You Christians don't do a good job of representing Christ. Why don't you go read the Bible?
If they did that, they wouldn't be able to deny the parts they don't like.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#145898 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
I was contemplating suicide and then I thought about Superman and how sad that would be. I want to kill myself but I can't. Then I thought about his girlfriend.
OK, enough, stop. It was really good for the first 3 hours. I'll call ya.
Ouch.
If I was Superman I'd try to keep my options open.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#145899 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
I am 19.
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.
It never happens and it never will.
I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LUOsyBPFfAoXX
You mean you can't just choose to be straight?

Huh?

But the Redneck says...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#145900 Dec 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if u give a shit or not, what I do care about is u thinking u know what my belief is, leave it out if u don't have enough knowledge of it. Don't use my magical beliefs in the wrong way, to get your opinion across, because it doesn't make sense.
Don't u atheists get annoyed when Christians keep telling u atheism is a religion? I have found that most of u do, because you say, we have no belief. The same with me, it's annoying when people keep telling u what your belief is.
"Don't use my MAGICAL BELIEFS in the wrong way?" You admit that you believe in magic? Good for you. You ask that I don't use your magical beliefs in the wrong way? There is NO right way to have magical beliefs. Grown ups don't have magical beliefs. Children yes, adults no. If you harbor magical beliefs then you are delusional. There is no arguing the situation,adults who believe in magic and worse, shape their lives around this belief, are mentally ill, that is a FACT. They suffer from a serious mental illness called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. I'd seek professional help if I were you!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#145901 Dec 30, 2012
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you caught him on one of his good days...

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#145902 Dec 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm amused.
I like a good lesbian joke.
Wait, that's part of a good lesbian joke.
You guys slay me.
It's called tongue-in-cheek humor.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#145903 Dec 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't have too many options --

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel,_Wo... ;

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#145904 Dec 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh .. and the actual article from Larry Niven --

" http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html" ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' (May '14) 1 hr Morse 99
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 819
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 14,433
Siro is writing a new book 2 hr thetruth 3
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,419
Evidence for God! 2 hr thetruth 182
10) Experts debate reality of God (May '10) 2 hr thetruth 8,935

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE