Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,101 - 140,120 of 224,053 Comments Last updated 45 min ago
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>True ~ when they find out after spending ludicrous amounts of money while we have world wide starvation, on the effects of their drugs and chemicals, they quickly work on something else, wasting more money.
***The release of thalidomide in the 1950s and 1960s led to the worldís most publicised pharmaceutical disaster.
Thalidomide was marketed for a wide range of ailments, and was touted as safe to use during pregnancy. But the manufacturers and sellers had never tested thalidomide's effect on the unborn child, and tragically, thousands of babies suffered serious malformations after their mothers took the pills.
Many of the victims have never been able to pursue compensation claims.
Some could never produce the evidence that their mothers took the pills. Doctors at that time often provided patients with samples, and pharmacists commonly did not record the name of the medication on the containers.
http://www.slatergordon.com.au/thalidomide *** Fraud involved?
***More Prescription Drugs As We Get Older?
By Dr. Bruce West
It has been shown that the healthiest and longest-living Americans are Senior Citizens who take little or no prescription drugs. This is not just a statement made by folks who believe in alternative therapies. It is from a study quoted in the prestigious Journal of the American Medical Association which was done at Harvard Medical School. The study confirms what observant, knowledgeable researchers and doctors have maintained for years about drugs: that too many physicians are recommending that patients take powerful medicines about which we know little, to fight diseases about which we know even less, into their bodies about which we know next to nothing. The startling proof that prescription drugs are maiming and killing our older citizens by the thousands came from the above-mentioned study, and here are some of the main points Many Americans over 65 were given drugs that are never appropriate to be prescribed for Senior Citizens.
At least twenty such drugs that should never be prescribed for those over 65, under any circumstances, are routinely and repeatedly prescribed.
Doctors need to be alerted in a major way about their prescribing of dangerous drugs that are ineffective and should not have been prescribed at all, and about safe alternatives.
Drugs are causing ten million or more people into fainting spells, dizziness, balance problems, severe falls, memory loss, addictions, ulcers, heart attacks, and more.
The study on seniors was done on many thousands of people, none of whom were in nursing homes. There is no doubt that those in most nursing homes fare much worse!
http://www.rethinkingcancer.org/resources/mag... ***
Where does Corporate Responsibility come into effect? Have you read the list of chemicals (usually numbers in the ingredients on packages, it is law here to do so) that are in each number that is on the item? Amazing stuff, and if you ring the FDA and discuss it with them, they will tell you it is your responsibility to keep tally of all those chemicals you intake daily or by the hour even.
No one reads these long rambling posts. It gives little or no space to respond, probably your tact anyway. Break your ideas into smaller more concise posts, maybe people will actually take the time to read them.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No one reads these long rambling posts. It gives little or no space to respond, probably your tact anyway. Break your ideas into smaller more concise posts, maybe people will actually take the time to read them.
31Dec12.....

.....the LIAR thou art,'slackerGoon'....

Ps:.....ALL posters who are REAL Christians read ALL postings made by members of the Faithful.

It's just dat, schidt-for-brains.....hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic bastards like YOU dat are just toooooooo lazy to 'adjust' yourselves correctly to a discussion and / or debate.

Merry Christmas. Phuck you berry much toooooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>You are right Bob. He also read the post, he just had no retort so he resorting to typical atheist flaming.
31Dec12.....

.....of course this schidt-for-brains read da post.

Such hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists have NO friends in the REAL world and have only 'intangibles' in the WorldwideWeb to make contact with.

If these arseHoles had to 'speak in Public', they would schidt in their pants with StageFright.

ALL these wannabeehAtheists 'pretend' dat they do NOT readUP on the REAL Christian postings. They are outright LIARs.

Merry Christmas to you and ALL your family and REAL friends.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was bullied as a child, being butch in the early 80s wasn't cool until I got into junior high. Anyhow, I turned the tables on them quickly so it's meh. That still doesn't change that you are grasping at straws.
I'm sorry you were bullied. Kids can be downright mean sometimes.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how the rest of know you are clutching at straws? You post inane personal remarks which have nothing to do with the topic.
You know, I think you were dropped on your head when you were a kid....repeatedly.
Iím not trying to humiliate you here Rich. Bullyism is why so many of your comments are negative and personally demeaning. The hate filled bullyism you faced as a child is being replicated in you. That part of your persona was shaped in childhood.

How many times have you ever said anything gracious here on topix against your opponents? You havenít and your not going to. Itís not in you to show any acts of kindness.

As you know I have been guilty myself of being offensive. At least I do on occasion show some acts of friendliness. You probably donít believe me but I do feel a kinship to the Atheist on this site. And on occasions I have sided with Atheist.

There is a big difference in the personalities among our topix Atheist. There are some who are constantly rude and offensive. Then there are some who are above the fray and are always cordial. The cordial ones thoughts are not lost but seems to carry further than the hateful ones.

Peace..........

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 19.
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.
It never happens and it never will.
I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Straight, gay, young, old, eventually we all wind up as worm food. It's your words that last, your actions that live forever. It is your deeds that perpetuate your name. It is the impressions you leave behind that make you immortal ... or not. The kindness will last forever.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you were bullied. Kids can be downright mean sometimes.
Interesting how you ignored the actual point of my post.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not trying to humiliate you here Rich. Bullyism is why so many of your comments are negative and personally demeaning. The hate filled bullyism you faced as a child is being replicated in you. That part of your persona was shaped in childhood.
How many times have you ever said anything gracious here on topix against your opponents? You havenít and your not going to. Itís not in you to show any acts of kindness.
As you know I have been guilty myself of being offensive. At least I do on occasion show some acts of friendliness. You probably donít believe me but I do feel a kinship to the Atheist on this site. And on occasions I have sided with Atheist.
There is a big difference in the personalities among our topix Atheist. There are some who are constantly rude and offensive. Then there are some who are above the fray and are always cordial. The cordial ones thoughts are not lost but seems to carry further than the hateful ones.
Peace..........
People who choose to be ignorant, choose myths over reality, who think their version of god is real and everybody else is wrong do not deserve to be treated with respect.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
People who choose to be ignorant, choose myths over reality, who think their version of god is real and everybody else is wrong do not deserve to be treated with respect.
To translate Richard's point into an old Conservative saying:

Respect is earned, not given.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To translate Richard's point into an old Conservative saying:
Respect is earned, not given.
Yep.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!!! I HOPE U ALL HAVE A GREAT 2013!!:-)

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You missed my point ~ he went home and lived naturally; with his parents, when he was in his 60's..... longevity is found where science isn't, was my point!!
Your example was not a good one - spontaneous remission has nothing to do with how you live. It's just luck. On the other hand, doctors can remove cancer (thanks to, you guessed it - SCIENCE!), and it has a much higher rate of survival than praying that you are healed randomly.

Longevity is found in genes. Some people will simply have longer lives than others. Science, however, can compensate those who would not be able to live longer lives through various treatments and medicine.

It doesn't mean it's a perfect system. It doesn't mean that the people who control the system are "good people," either. Regardless, it certainly helps more people than it harms. I don't just know this because of studies, either. I know this because more than one of my family members have had their lives saved thanks to the breakthroughs in medical science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Lets add to the list. The Egyptians had a well developed civilization at that time, as did China, and absolutely no mention or records of a devastating world wide flood. Both civilizations would have been destroyed, they weren't!!!! It would take an EXTRA 3.4 billion cubic MILES of EXTRA water to cover the globe including mouton ranges. Where did that water come from and where did it go? And to enhance one of your valid points. A world wide flood would have left a SINGLE IDENTIFIABLE LAYER OF SEDIMENT DATED BACK TO THAT SPECIFIC TIME IN EARTHS HISTORY..........THERE IS NONE!!!!!!
Why do supposedly intelligent people believe in magical events and mythical beings? The power of early brainwashing is on display!!!!
I had to go to a Christian high school... One of my teachers thought every piece of evidence that contradicted what the Bible says was planted by the devil. It's baffling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Clementia wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!!! I HOPE U ALL HAVE A GREAT 2013!!:-)
31Dec12.....

....ALL the happy practicing Christians hereIN will, but ALL the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists will continue on with their miserable lives.

Ps:.....Stand by and lookIN next year this dime for proof.

Meanwhile, you 'clementia'... and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year from BobLoblah.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to go to a Christian high school... One of my teachers thought every piece of evidence that contradicted what the Bible says was planted by the devil. It's baffling.
31Dec12.....

....you thought your thoughts about your teacher's thoughts because you were always on 'dope' in HighSchool.

Ps:.....Welcome to the Schidt-For-Brains Club. You made it jest in dime. its an exclusive Club. You'll like it. BobLoblah will someDimes make you an offer you can't refuse.

....members will eventually introduce demSelves by the lunatic, and assinine statements they make.

Who nose. You might even make it to da head of da class during da New Year.

MeanDime....Merry Christmas...and Phuck you toooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>31Dec12.....
....you thought your thoughts about your teacher's thoughts because you were always on 'dope' in HighSchool.
Ps:.....Welcome to the Schidt-For-Brains Club. You made it jest in dime. its an exclusive Club. You'll like it. BobLoblah will someDimes make you an offer you can't refuse.
....members will eventually introduce demSelves by the lunatic, and assinine statements they make.
Who nose. You might even make it to da head of da class during da New Year.
MeanDime....Merry Christmas...and Phuck you toooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You Christians don't do a good job of representing Christ. Why don't you go read the Bible?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You Christians don't do a good job of representing Christ. Why don't you go read the Bible?
If they did that, they wouldn't be able to deny the parts they don't like.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

River Tam wrote:
I was contemplating suicide and then I thought about Superman and how sad that would be. I want to kill myself but I can't. Then I thought about his girlfriend.
OK, enough, stop. It was really good for the first 3 hours. I'll call ya.
Ouch.
If I was Superman I'd try to keep my options open.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

River Tam wrote:
I am 19.
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None
Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.
It never happens and it never will.
I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You mean you can't just choose to be straight?

Huh?

But the Redneck says...
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if u give a shit or not, what I do care about is u thinking u know what my belief is, leave it out if u don't have enough knowledge of it. Don't use my magical beliefs in the wrong way, to get your opinion across, because it doesn't make sense.
Don't u atheists get annoyed when Christians keep telling u atheism is a religion? I have found that most of u do, because you say, we have no belief. The same with me, it's annoying when people keep telling u what your belief is.
"Don't use my MAGICAL BELIEFS in the wrong way?" You admit that you believe in magic? Good for you. You ask that I don't use your magical beliefs in the wrong way? There is NO right way to have magical beliefs. Grown ups don't have magical beliefs. Children yes, adults no. If you harbor magical beliefs then you are delusional. There is no arguing the situation,adults who believe in magic and worse, shape their lives around this belief, are mentally ill, that is a FACT. They suffer from a serious mental illness called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. I'd seek professional help if I were you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 4 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 4 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,382
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••