Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
140,081 - 140,100 of 224,019 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can steal my snow.
If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.

The covetous bitch that I am.

Uhhh, when I say mow your lawn, well......you know, right?

Right?

How fit are you? Nah, I'd kill you. Plus, I'm a lesbian.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Gaydar is your friend.
OMG. You're gay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Doesn't everyone sing in the shower?

I'd better try to get some shut ass.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm, a mountain with the crabs!!!
See? You're Buck too.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't necessarily so.
I think Buck is hiding.
I was contemplating suicide and then I thought about Superman and how sad that would be. I want to kill myself but I can't. Then I thought about his girlfriend.

OK, enough, stop. It was really good for the first 3 hours. I'll call ya.

Ouch.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I got a warning for saying Redneck.

I love bots.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.

Right?

5'7" 160 lbs. 12% body fat.(I'll get that to 10% by summer)

I'm in better shape now than I was at 19.

And I have a small lawn.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I am 19.

Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was older? None

Do you know how many times I wake up and wish I was heterosexual? Every time.

It never happens and it never will.

I'm 5'6" and 115. I don't know what fat is.

Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Religion is a big lie created by alie beings to divide and conquor humans. Make us their slaves. Here is your gods who created humans.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're elderly and you move in next to me, I might mow your lawn.
Right?
Hey, we have an all lesbian construction crew down here that builds houses .... they don't use studs ... all their work is tongue and groove.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I realize that I wasn't quite truthful. I'm 115 with one leg. I'd weigh more with the other one.

Legs are heavy.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have a small lawn.
I'm in shape ... round is a shape, isn't it?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, we have an all lesbian construction crew down here that builds houses .... they don't use studs ... all their work is tongue and groove.
I'm amused.

I like a good lesbian joke.

Wait, that's part of a good lesbian joke.

You guys slay me.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You probably won't the answers that I have to my research, but going to put them here anyway.
***The crude oil (and natural gas) we drill for the world over is, for the most part, stored in tiny pores within rock up to only about three miles deep in the Earth’s hugely dense crust. At such depths, the oil there is under fairly high pressure. When it is removed, other liquids—usually water—move in to take its place, equalizing the pressure in the process. Sometimes oil extractors pump water into one side of an oil field to push oil toward wells on the other side, and the water replaces the oil accordingly. In cases where other liquids don’t move in, such as in the North Sea off The Netherlands, the porous rock layer that harbored the oil originally can collapse after extraction, causing slight amounts of land settling (known as “land subsidence”) in the rock layer surfaces above, but typically no more than a few tenths of an inch per year. Here in the U.S., land subsidence induced by the large volume extraction of underground resources including oil and gas “is more common than most people realize,” according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a government agency which collects, monitors, analyzes and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues and problems. Flat coastal plains and wetlands near sea level are most at risk from this potential side effect. Excessive ground water pumping, not oil or gas extraction, is the single largest source of land subsidence, says the USGS, but the agency cites several cases throughout the 20th century which they say demonstrate how “accelerated withdrawal of oil, gas and associated water from shallow unconsolidated reservoirs could lower the land elevation, cause minor earthquakes, and activate faults [around oil fields].” Subsidence around large, mature oil and gas fields that coincide with faults could add enough stress to trigger small, locally based earthquakes as far as two kilometers away from the offending wells. Most geologists agree, though, that it is unlikely that oil and gas extraction could contribute to or cause major earthquakes, which are generated at depths far deeper than would be practical to drill for oil or gas. The USGS does suggest, however, that the continued withdrawal of oil and gas and the associated decline in underground fluid pressure could even contribute to coastal sea level rises by lowering coastal land elevations.
31Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah is a Design Engineer in the Oil & Gas energy Field and has been doing so for over 40+ years having lived and worked in 23 countries.....and still counting.

You have done your homework well, and vot you have shown here is correct.

Ps:.....However, your notes are NOT entirely correct when you show within three (3)miles of the Earths Crust.

Oil is high in volume much further down than that. As far back as 1983, BobLoblah was partial to drilling three (3) wells OffShore on the ocean.

.....1st...BobLoblah and company had to utilize a 'JackUP' rig with leggings for 180 meters of water.

.....2nd...BobLoblah had to 'design' a false rotary table to allow the 36 inch drill bit to go down to the Earth's surface 'Below' the ocean's surgace to begin drilling.

.....3rd...BobLoblah had to arrange the continued drilling to reach the Oil base level at 6028 Meters...withIN the Earth.

.....4th... BobLoblah had to arrange the 'inside' blasting OutWards of the innerWalls of the drill stem to gauge the flow of Oil back into the drillStem.

.....Finally, BobLoblah had to arrange the capping Off via using Christmas Trees and RAMS....called capping da well.....until the Oil company decided to begin production.

Note:.....This was in ONLY 180 meters of water. Imagine when BobLoblah and similar people drill for Oil in waters 3 - 4 miles deep..such as the South China Seas and the Peruvian Rift.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous remission is rare, but not impossible. William Boyd, a pathologist, documented a large number of such instances in a book he published in 1961. He estimated that approx one in every 100,000 cases of cancer will show spontaneous remission. It has nothing to do with religion, either - just a bit of chance.
Now, I wonder how many people have prayed to be cured of cancer only to be denied their prayers... Probably too many to count.
31Dec12.....

.....Wrong.....

Ps:....'William Boyd' is Hopalong Cassidy. Now, and Forever...to the Greatest Generation and their 'offSpring' tooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We can all change.
I saw a bright light once.
http://members.iglou.com/perkins/newkpf/2002_...
When I got to the end it was dark.
31Dec12.....

....So, yer using one of yer udder cockPuppets to give yerSelf 'Brilliant' judgings, huh.

Ps:....Who do ya dink you har.

BobLoblah nose who you are. You are a schidt-for-brains. A schidt-for-brains of the thirdKind.

Read'em and Weep.

Merry Christmas. Phuck you berry much tooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admire black and white thinking.
And apparently you're proud of that.
Ok.
Thanks.
31Dec12.....

...and jest look vot da hook brought in. You 'hairOhBleather'...

.....'Black and White' thinking means NO backDoors and straight forward....

....and BobLoblah is berry proud to be like dat tooo.

Ps:.....Of course, eeejits like you cannot comprehend because of haul dat Pus inside yer skulls calls schidt-for-brains.

Merry Christmas. Phuck you berry much toooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said: "but they have not ever been able to create life from non living material."
This is what they did. Saying they did not implies there is something more to life than what we know of - something you can't prove. Here is a summary of the project:
"And after nearly 15 years of such toiling in his labs in Rockville, Md., J. Craig Venter, co-mapper of the human genome, has done just that. Reporting in the journal Science, he describes a remarkable experiment in which he and the team at his eponymous institute have pieced together the entire genome of a bacterium and then inserted those genetic instructions into another bacterium. The cell booted up, and life — by nearly any definition — was created."
We can just about bet, that when or if life is created from basic elements, there will be more than one theist that says....

"NO, NO, NO, MY DEITY MADE THOSE ELEMENTS... YOU HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING!"

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Most every christian makes the very same claim, yet how many christian sects are there? How did you pick the correct sect and so many others failed?
Answer. Over 40,000. It picked me, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and speak in tongues...... My father is an Agnostic/, and my mother is Pentecostal.
The snake handlers brag that they handle deadly snakes for god. Every sect claims that the holy spirit came to them.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Why do you trust that you picked the right one?
Answer. Because Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with God, which is individual and personal.
You cannot change the definition of a word to suit your beliefs:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...
Snevaeh legna wrote:
I have seen miracles done, in the name of Jesus. People falling to the floor with one touch of the hand. Healings for family members... Numerous speaking in tongues, which is not new to me.
I don't believe that there is even one case of proven faith healing and many cases where a person died trying, mostly defenseless children.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
I saw all this as a child, and on into my adulthood. My Grandmother would speak in tongues every time she prayed. She was the most amazing woman I ever had the pleasure to know... None of this is delusional, I assure you...
Indoctrination, you loved and revered your grandmother, so you believed what she taught you.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
I don't even drink, and it has nothing to do with being a Christian, I just don't like the taste... Lol. If it's not the right one, then I'm at least in the top 10... It's very Powerful...
Didn't jesus turn water into wine? Choosing not to drink has nothing to do with religion.
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Maybe you can join, you can be one of my prayer warriors. I don't like to quote the Bible too often, because it can be refuted.
And because there are a lot of nasty things in there that you are required to do!
Snevaeh legna wrote:
His resurrection etc.... My faith is based on.... See above again... I could go on and on about the 'Amazing' things God has done for me.... Not sure your ready for that...
Okay, go ahead and do what the Atheist always do.... I can take it... Hugs, Nevaeh.:)
You lost me in this one. A lot of amazing things have happened to me, too!
Snevaeh legna wrote:
I have no need to be speak privately to anonymous people, but thanks for the offer.
Your welcome anytime... Offer always stand...
BS... Just know, you will only get so many chances to hear the truth... Someone is praying for you somewhere, because no one crosses my path by accident...:)
Sounds a wee bit on the arrogant side, but... Well, just maybe I can get you to read your bible more, read up and some history and science.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>We can just about bet, that when or if life is created from basic elements, there will be more than one theist that says....
"NO, NO, NO, MY DEITY MADE THOSE ELEMENTS... YOU HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING!"
I attended church, for the family even though I did not believe, and I had a lot of respect for the preachers, until he told the joke that ended with that as the punchline.

That told me that no matter what we accomplish, people like him were going to find a way to deny that man has done anything.

As if god changed the cosmos in the 1500's to accommodate Copernicus' findings.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem with this: The fossils which have been found in any mountain ranges are ancient. A lot of land was underwater at some point in the distant past (note: distant being much longer ago than 6,000 years)- this is not evidence of a flood. Evidence of a flood would be flood sediment spread throughout time.
Unfortunately for you religious nutjobs, there is a mountain (see what I did there?) of evidence against the flood - and what you cite as evidence of a flood has natural answers which can be found with a simple google search. See: http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messi...
In case you're too lazy to read it, let me list a few for you: 1) there are trees that are older than the flood would have been, 2) There is no evidence of a genetic bottleneck in any of the species which Noah would have had on the ark, 3) Noah would have had to move several hundred animals onto the ark... PER SECOND. This is obviously impossible... The list goes on. You get the point.
Lets add to the list. The Egyptians had a well developed civilization at that time, as did China, and absolutely no mention or records of a devastating world wide flood. Both civilizations would have been destroyed, they weren't!!!! It would take an EXTRA 3.4 billion cubic MILES of EXTRA water to cover the globe including mouton ranges. Where did that water come from and where did it go? And to enhance one of your valid points. A world wide flood would have left a SINGLE IDENTIFIABLE LAYER OF SEDIMENT DATED BACK TO THAT SPECIFIC TIME IN EARTHS HISTORY..........THERE IS NONE!!!!!!

Why do supposedly intelligent people believe in magical events and mythical beings? The power of early brainwashing is on display!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••